I love Golf!!

bytor2112

President Barack Obama has only been in office for just over nine months, but he's already hit the links as much as President Bush did in over two years.

CBS' Mark Knoller — an unofficial documentarian and statistician of all things White House-related — wrote on his Twitter feed that, "Today - Obama ties Pres. Bush in the number of rounds of golf played in office: 24.

Took Bush 2 yrs & 10 months."

This news comes on the heels of today's news that Obama played golf with a woman — chief domestic policy adviser Melody Barnes — for the first time since taking office.

Are you trying to make some type of meaningful point here? Obama plays a round of golf on average every one and a half weeks. So what?

If you are trying to imply that he is spending more recreation time than the previous president, I highly doubt golf is the only recreational activity either of the men participate in and simply looking at one particular activity is a rather ridiculous and underhanded comparison.

Are you trying to make some type of meaningful point here? Obama plays a round of golf on average every one and a half weeks. So what?

If you are trying to imply that he is spending more recreation time than the previous president, I highly doubt golf is the only recreational activity either of the men participate in and simply looking at one particular activity is a rather ridiculous and underhanded comparison.

Um....the point I am making is that.....I LOVE golf and am glad to see that he does too. Bush had a terrible swing....I wonder how Obama's is? Slice? Hook? Draw? or right down the middle of the fairway.?

Relax....no malice here....just some common ground with the Prez.

Um....the point I am making is that.....I LOVE golf and am glad to see that he does too. Bush had a terrible swing....I wonder how Obama's is? Slice? Hook? Draw? or right down the middle of the fairway.?

Glad to see this is a friendly thread.

I tried golf but could never get in to it. I took a semester long class and by the end of it, I could still only get the ball to go reasonably straight about 20% of the time.

Wow...mark this date down in history friends.