The fruits of superdad69's conversations

Vort

Excerpt from superdad69's web site writeup of this group:

I was almost immediately attacked for my beliefs and the artwork on this site. I was stalked by a character only to be harassed at every turn. When I began to make headway in a conversation I was railroaded by a fellow service member of all people. It amazed me. But I guess this just goes to show the absolute brain washing these people and other Theists are suffering from. I will continue to write my unbiased report on what they believe eventually. I will be honest and factual. But NEVER will I engage these people in a serious discussion or debate on their ground again.

They are always welcome here on the rock hard ground of science and I will debate them on those grounds.

The bottom line is, as most of us know your "God" does not exist. They could not even begin to prove that he does. That is why they are taught NOT to debate people like me. It's even in their own scriptures and doctrines. It saddens me that the state of these people's brains are so shot they can't see how blind they really are acting. For some, it (their religious beliefs) may offer hope. To me, it offers absolute depression.

More or less just what I expected from him. Not that being correct in my initial assessment of his character justifies my actions, but it is interesting to note that I was pretty much spot on.

To Superdad:

Not cool. Remember, some of us here made honest efforts to provide resources where you can learn about the LDS faith. Just because you clashed with a couple of forum members doesn't mean all Latter Day Saints are, "close-minded."

Thank you.

Regards,

Kawazu

To Superdad:

Not cool. Remember, some of us here made honest efforts to provide resources where you can learn about the LDS faith. Just because you clashed with a couple of forum members doesn't mean all Latter Day Saints are, "close-minded."

But seriously: Who could possibly have predicted it?

;)

To Superdad:

Thank you.

Regards,

Kawazu

Agreed...very disappointing. But wait...I'm brainwashed and delusional...so what do I know? Hey superdad - anytime you want to compare credentials, I'll be all over it. Edited by ttribe

Guest Godless

To Superdad:

Thank you.

Regards,

Kawazu

I don't believe he made such a broad generalization as that. I do agree, however, that this post has done nothing more than give legitimacy to the concerns that some people had over here. I've already chimed in with my thoughts on the matter over there.

This is my perspective on this thread. People are appalled at the things that someone would say about us on another thread. But are we not doing the same thing here? We link to another forum and cry "the horror of it." All we're doing is pitting one forum against another and is that really our intent of this site?

This is my perspective on this thread. People are appalled at the things that someone would say about us on another thread. But are we not doing the same thing here?

No. Rather, he has proven himself to be exactly what some* predicted he would.

*Aka Vort.

We link to another forum and cry "the horror of it."

Hardly. More like "told ya so".

All we're doing is pitting one forum against another and is that really our intent of this site?

How do you think this is dueling sites? I care nothing about his site; I was merely noting that he had done exactly as predicted.

No I think you don't want to see my point in this because you just want to be able to say "told you so." But that's okay. I said what I wanted to say whether anyone agrees with me or not.

Guest Godless

Vort, I believe that your "prophesy" was self-fulfilling to some degree. You stated what you believed his intentions to be, then gave him every reason to prove you right. Whatever. He's gone now and I'm done discussing the issue here.

here is my 2 cents..................................

Site Rules

1. Do not post, upload, or otherwise submit anything to the site that is derogatory towards The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, its teachers, or its leaders. Anti-LDS Propaganda will not be tolerated anywhere.

2. Please be conscious of the fact that although LDS.NET is aimed towards an LDS audience, that the membership of this site consists of friends from an array of different backgrounds, beliefs, and cultures. Please be respectful and courteous to all, and know that everyone who is willing to follow the Rules and Terms of LDS.NET are welcome to participate and be a member of LDS.NET. Keep in mind that anything posted, uploaded, or otherwise displayed on the site should be understandable to friends of other faiths as well as to members. Please define any LDS vocabulary that friends of other faiths may not understand (i.e. Mutual, Relief Society, and Deacon.)

3. Personal attacks, name calling, flaming, and judgments against other members will not be tolerated.

--------------------------------------

Are we doing more harm then good?

Vort, I believe that your "prophesy" was self-fulfilling to some degree. You stated what you believed his intentions to be, then gave him every reason to prove you right.

Oh, you are vastly mistaken. I could well have given him a great deal more "reason". Instead, I did what he never did -- tried to engage him in intelligent and honest conversation.

No I think you don't want to see my point in this because you just want to be able to say "told you so."

You are wrong. I believe your point, such as it is, is invalid. This is not and never has been a contest of dueling web discussion sites.