Hurrah hurrah

They turned out the monkey because of his tricks

Hurrah hurrah

The animals went in seven by seven

Hurrah hurrah

The little pig thought he was going to heaven

Hurrah hurrah

Poor old monkey - that's all I can say!

Perhaps they ate all the fresh water fish floating on top of the water.

That at least is what the dinosaurs would have done, had they

not misunderstood that the ark was launching on Tuesday rather

than Wednesday.

:)

According to Kent Hovind, baby dinosaurs were carried on the Ark, but their descendents were later hunted to extinction by Man. (Except possibly a few like Ogopogo, Bunyip, the Loch Ness Monster etc.)

(By the way, Hovind is very much the "soft underbelly" of biblical literalism, so it's no great victory to find holes in his reasoning.)

Edited by Jamie123

What did the lions, tigers, and bears (oh my) eat on Noah's ark? :confused:

Three possible answers:

• Genesis 7:2-3

"Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth."

Now, how you can take animals "by sevens" by taking "the male and his female", I've never quite understood. Nevertheless, you have an overabundance of "clean" (i.e. edible) animals. If you aren't concerned about genetic narrowing, that might give you some good eats, at least for a couple of days.

• Isaiah 7:11

"And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox."

The predators put those sharp, pointed, flesh-ripping teeth to good use by going vegetarian.

• Madagascar-ish broken Aesop fish-eating.

More possibilities:

*All the animals went into some kind of hybernation mode during the voyage. I saw this idea on a flood site that talked about how many tens of thousands of creatures would have been on the boat.

*The story is not meant to be understood at a literal level. The message is symbolic. This way I don't have to worry about what they ate or who had to shovel all that poop.

Vort, I think the "seven" number is had by 3 couples and a spare. The spares were all sacrificed when they got off the boat. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

If God can gather animals into an ark, and see to it that they don't go totally nuts, then surely he can see to it that they aren't hungry. They probably didn't eat otherwise the resulting mess (poop) would have been unimiginable for a small family such as Noah's to logistically take care of.

If anyone has ever learned to ask questions - one of the first things they will learn is that the Biblical narrative is not complete. So then next question for those that dare to ask questions of G-d; where can we go for answers. (James 1:5)

What I am trying to figure out is why he gives different answers to people in different religions asking the same question???

The Traveler

It seems I remember reading something somewhere that the carnivores were changed during their sojurn on the ark and ate grain.

I'll see if I can look it up.

I have heard that somewhere too..but I don't remember where.

Three possible answers:

1. Genesis 7:2-3
    "Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth."
    Now, how you can take animals "by sevens" by taking "the male and his female", I've never quite understood. Nevertheless, you have an overabundance of "clean" (i.e. edible) animals. If you aren't concerned about genetic narrowing, that might give you some good eats, at least for a couple of days.
    And why should we accept that account instead of the priestly account found in Genesis 6 (19) that very clearly stipulates that two, not seven of each animal was taken on board the boat?
    "And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female."

I find it funny that there are other religions that totally believe this story, yet they think that Jesus visiting the Americas is ridiculous, because there's no scientific evidence to back it up. :lol:

Well - do you find ridiculous the idea that Xenu, dictator of the Galactic Confederacy, 75 million years ago brought billions and billions of space aliens to earth, stacked them around volcanos and then killed them with hydrogen bombs?