Return and Report

Sorry Gwen, it might've been insensitive of me to use the words "waste of time" when you are others may have put a lot of effort into developing and even promoting the site.

i have nothing to do with the site nor do i promote it. if you look at the entire thread you will see i'm a skeptic. lol though i can see how it could be useful and won't knock anyone for using it.

I don't know...I think "waste of time" is a pretty good description. And I don't say that concerning the reporting side. I would love to use the reporting features of Return and Report. But I really don't want to waste my time entering home teaching information in two systems, doing regular audits for accuracy, and then updating each system anytime an address or phone number changes. I have enough time invested in keeping the membership and finance databases in MLS clean, and I have far too many other things calling for my time.

But if you've got the people willing to put in the time and man hours to maintaining it, then go for it. I'll envy you for having so many resources.

I don't know...I think "waste of time" is a pretty good description. And I don't say that concerning the reporting side. I would love to use the reporting features of Return and Report. But I really don't want to waste my time entering home teaching information in two systems, doing regular audits for accuracy, and then updating each system anytime an address or phone number changes. I have enough time invested in keeping the membership and finance databases in MLS clean, and I have far too many other things calling for my time.

But if you've got the people willing to put in the time and man hours to maintaining it, then go for it. I'll envy you for having so many resources.

You don't have to enter the data multiple times and our group has required zero maintenance since it was initially set up. It is possible to stay compliant with Church policy without duplicating any data entry. Like I said before.... try it before you make assumptions and criticize it.

JG

Edited by jgraham

• 2 years later...