Just signed up and looking to learn more...

curtishouse

Hi everybody,

I just signed up for an account a minute or so ago and that I would drop my first post in and say hi to everybody...Right now I attend a Baptist church but I have been thinking about learning more regarding the LDS church...All of that "blame" goes to an old friend from high school (graduated back in 96) who I am still in contact with via FaceBook. She's Mormon and we've just been talking and I'm trying to learn as much as I can...I even started reading some of the Book of Mormon online...It definitely does sound and feel like the Word of God to me...Well this post has gone on long enough I think LOL Talk to you all later and God bless.

~Curtis

Thanks for the hearty welcomes everybody! I should have mentioned this earlier but, on top of starting to read the Book of Mormon, I have also been chatting with an online missionary on the mormon site...I wont post the site because I'm unfamiliar with the rules for links but I'm sure as I study more with both the Elders I'm talking to, I'll have plenty of questions that I'll definitely be posting here as well. ;)

Welcome and blessings to you too. I hope you enjoy the site!

So officially:

Dear Newbie: Welcome to LDS.net. You will find here an ecclectic mix of LDS and some non-members. While the site is dedicated to the Gospel, and to promoting the Church to a world that often does not understand us, we also make room for conversations about current events, and about social and cultural practices within the Church. If your main desire is to learn about the Church, consider starting with the "Learn About Mormonism" forums. For more advanced teachings, that will often include a variety of perspectives, some non-LDS, consider the Gospel section of forums.

While you are welcome to all main sections, be aware this site makes room for a variety of opinions and personalities. Some posters can be passionate about their views, and occasionally more so about them than about the souls of visitors. If you find something particularly offensive, feel free to make a report by clicking the appropriate tab.