Noooooo! I think British bacon might be better than Canadian.

FunkyTown

So today, I had my first bite of British bacon.

I've tried European bacon, which just isn't as good as peameal and North American bacon, so I was wary to try British bacon.

It is the most delicious, succulent, fantastic bacon I have tasted ever. The Brits might not do the best sausages or foods, but British bacon wins.

I must confess this.

I've tried European bacon, which just isn't as good as peameal and North American bacon, so I was wary to try British bacon.

It is the most delicious, succulent, fantastic bacon I have tasted ever. The Brits might not do the best sausages or foods, but British bacon wins.

I must confess this.

I agree with you.....:)

Lets face it, you can't beat our chocolate either ;) The American chocolate is greasy and leaves a nasty aftertaste, like vegetable oil.

And you cannot get REAL fish and chips in America. The ones that are available are disgusting - or at least the ones I found.

Having said that, one thing America does beat us in is food portions. I think I was visibly shocked when I visited a fast food restaurant and realised their small portions were equivalent to our large portions.

• 5 months later...

You can't beat british bacon better than Danish & miles ahead of what passes for bacon in the US(it would get prosecuted under the Trade Description Act here).

We have lovely food here & some of the best chefs & resturants in the World.Not just fish & chips.

Kind of funny a cow laughing over a pig joke.

Only way it'd get better is if she ducked from the thread to avoid the inevitable horsing around. Sometimes we can be quite dogged in our pursuit of humor on this forum but luckily we're mostly a bunch of cool cats. ;)

Only way it'd get better is if she ducked from the thread to avoid the inevitable horsing around. Sometimes we can be quite dogged in our pursuit of humor on this forum but luckily we're mostly a bunch of cool cats. ;)

Groan. :P

M.

I must confess this.

I agree...the worst tasting bacon is USA made. I am fan of Canadian bacon myself but English bangers and bacon is hands down better.

I do miss Ambrosia Rice Pudding and Orange Marmalade Jam. But I still occasionally, purchase HP or Ok Sauce via the internet.

I agree...the worst tasting bacon is USA made. I am fan of Canadian bacon myself but English bangers and bacon is hands down better.

I assume you mean Canadian bacon and not the ham stuff they call Canadian bacon here in the states right?