New Mayan discoveries and The Book of Mormon

livy111us

CNN has recently done a story the biggest pyramid found to date in El Mirador, Guatamala. A creation story was found in this temple (which has several implications in of itself), which dates to 300 bc. This same story is found in the Popul Vuh, a record of Mayan beliefs, along with several other Biblical stories. It was theorized that these stories could not pre-date Columbus because Christianity wasn't introduced until then. But now that these same stories are being found over 2 millenia ago, it is lending more credence to the Popul Vuh and an influence of these Christian stories as being of ancient origin.

YouTube - Mayan Temples and The Book of Mormon

Edited by pam

CNN has recently done a story the biggest pyramid found to date in El Mirador, Guatamala. A creation story was found in this temple (which has several implications in of itself), which dates to 300 bc. This same story is found in the Popul Vuh, a record of Mayan beliefs, along with several other Biblical stories. It was theorized that these stories could not pre-date Columbus because Christianity wasn't introduced until then. But now that these same stories are being found over 2 millenia ago, it is lending more credence to the Popul Vuh and an influence of these Christian stories as being of ancient origin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5I504_Olrg

I really love this kind of stuff!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5I504_Olrg

Even if we have the necessary 'evidence', people will still not believe. Not to forget over month ago, a temple foundation footprint was found that resembles Solomon temple in the same region. It is an amazing technology we have today in piecing together the past with today’s tools.

Yet, I still laugh when those in the church within this field of science, call the people Mayans. :lol: