Hello

AarontheInvestigator

I started reading the book of Mormon about 2 months ago and have attended the local LDS church 4-5 times. I' have also been arching the internet to find out more about the Mormon religion and this seems like a good place to explore.

:)

Well welcome! do be carefull where yu look on the internet, theres sssoooo much dishonest misinformation out there; if ya want to know what the church beleives in, ask the church itself, {l.d.s.org} {mormon.org}. also the missionaries can tell you truths.:)

Thanks Pam and jadams.

I do meet with the Missionaries approx. twice per week. I know there is plenty of misinformation around the internet but I like to hear/read about as many sides as possible. I have heard many negative things about the Mormon religion during my life, which has in actuality made me more curious about it. So far, everyone I have met (missionaries/church members) have been really nice. I try my best to make opinions based on my own experiences rather than others experiences. So far it's been a good experience.....although 3 hours of church is a tough adjustment. :)

I'm really the last one to be making this comment. Something I myself need to work at but; 3 hours of our time each week to worship a Heavenly Father who has given us everything we have hardly seems like a fair exchange. But I do understand what you are saying.

Now I should listen to myself. haha

Welcome! I agree with Pam, however, it is an adjustment in the beginning. I remember the missionaries who taught me telling me how much they hated missing a Sunday worship, especially sacrament. I didn't really understand. I've now been a member 5 years and it's so much a part of my life that I hate missing one Sunday and all the meetings. Now I know what they were talking about! It was a lesson about 'first comes faith.'

:DPlease ask anything.

Welcome! (So qute that generally_mes welcome) This is a good site to ask, no0 one attacs you for asking or beeing positive to the LDS Church as may happen on some other sites. Enjoy!

So officially:

Welcome to LDS.net. You will find here an ecclectic mix of LDS and some non-members. While the site is dedicated to the Gospel, and to promoting the Church to a world that often does not understand us, we also make room for conversations about current events, and about social and cultural practices within the Church. If your main desire is to learn about the Church, consider starting with the "Learn About Mormonism" forums. For more advanced teachings, that will often include a variety of perspectives, some non-LDS, consider the Gospel section of forums.

While you are welcome to all main sections, be aware this site makes room for a variety of opinions and personalities. Some posters can be passionate about their views, and occasionally more so about them than about the souls of visitors. If you find something particularly offensive, feel free to make a report by clicking the appropriate tab.

Edited by Maya