Priority: Worshipping or Working?

lattelady

What does it mean to worship? How does one actually worship God? Certainly, singing hymns of praise is one form of worship. What are other ways to worship Him?

Words are but playthings for the wind. Actions speak louder that words.

Worship with action in such a way that it shows your heart is truly with the Lord.

The good actions done by Man, oft live after them.

:)

Edited by Moksha

Worship is an interesting concept. Anciently it was considered a form or worship to enter the temple of Baal during the worship of Baal even if you were just there to see what was going on. It was also considered to be a worship of Baal to give a beggar an offering if the beggar begged in the name of Baal. In several places in scripture we are informed that any worship or “service” of a “false g-d” nullifies the worship of G-d.

It amuses me what some think is acceptable in the worship of G-d. Especially if they think as long as they worship G-d nothing else really matters or is as important as their so called worship. For example in Genesis 20:6 the L-rd tells Moses that mercy is extended only unto those worship G-d by keeping the commandments. To those that understand the Kingdom of G-d as the ancients taught know why this applies. Modern Pharisees argue that keeping the commandments does not really count for anything.

The other thing I find incredibly stupid and short sided as far as religion is concerned is the attempt to separate out the very meaning of whole and holy into sorted by importance parts. Such nonsense is the essence of the pettiness and disrespect of the Pharisees and Scribes. That because the Pharisees thought they could demonstrate such things with scripture, they thought to prove their superior spirituality which had nothing to do with anything G-d respected or encouraged and in essence consider such devotion to him of no better value to him than the worship of Baal or Satan himself (see John 8:41-44).

It is false worship and false love of G-d to make any attempt to show any devotion to G-d without keeping his commandments. Giving one’s self to G-d without living the commandments is a lie and the basis of false religion.

The Traveler

Moksha is it true that when you used to visit other Churches, that you used to make sandwiches for the homeless in the Church kitchen afterward? If so, how did you justify it?

I was on a sandwich mission from God.

Didn't you feel guilty for working on the Sabbath?

Yeah, my inner pharisee did show its head briefly.

And?

I put it in a sleeper hold.

So what did you learn from this work?

That sandwiches nourish and strengthen the body.

Anything else?

Hmmm, I guess that if something is going to be done for the least of we, I had better put on a hair net and thank God for allowing me to do it.

A.W. Tozer said, "We're here to be worshipers first and workers only second...The work done by a worshiper will have eternity in it."

Agree or disagree?

Disagree. He did not say that. What he said was:

"Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water."