D&c 76:72-75

Pamatridis

What do we make of D&C 76:72-75? Is God truly no respector of persons and how does this the concept that individuals who are born into Heathen nations, or without the law, and also honorable men who were blinded by the devil and his sophistry are relegated to the Terrestrial kingdom when they do accept the gospel in the Spirit.

I have trouble accepting D&C 76:72-75 in light of D&C 138 received nearly 100 years later. It speaks of ordinances being completed for these same people....Terrestrial kingdom material?

Does this lend authority to those who believe in advancement from kingdom to kingdom in the eternities?

All comments and insights welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

I think these spirits are bound for the Telestial Kingdom. I have thought that those who will be in the Terrestrial kingdom will be those who weren't valiant in their testimony of Christ.

58 The dead who repent will be redeemed, through obedience to the ordinances of the house of God,

59 And after they have paid the penalty of their transgressions, and are washed clean, shall receive a reward according to their works, for they are heirs of salvation.

60 Thus was the vision of the redemption of the dead revealed to me, and I bear record, and I know that this record is true, through the blessing of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, even so. Amen.

What do we make of D&C 76:72-75? Is God truly no respector of persons and how does this the concept that individuals who are born into Heathen nations, or without the law, and also honorable men who were blinded by the devil and his sophistry are relegated to the Terrestrial kingdom when they do accept the gospel in the Spirit.

I have trouble accepting D&C 76:72-75 in light of D&C 138 received nearly 100 years later. It speaks of ordinances being completed for these same people....Terrestrial kingdom material?

Does this lend authority to those who believe in advancement from kingdom to kingdom in the eternities?

All comments and insights welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

What would be the purpose of sending those of Celestial realm to minister to the Terrestial Kingdom after this world is glorified?

I think that even after death and having been taught the gospel in prison, there may still be those who reject ordinances and the fullness of the gospel. It is my feeling that these individuals are the ones who will ultimately end up in the terrestrial kingdom. Admittedly I am not well studied in this particular area so I am not certain exactly what will happen or how.

What would be the purpose of sending those of Celestial realm to minister to the Terrestial Kingdom after this world is glorified?

Could you please give us a scripture to validate your statement. I was always taught that the ministering will be done in the spirit world, not after the final judgement in the different degrees of glory.

As far as I know, there is NO CHANCE to progress from a lower degree (telestial or terrestrial) to a higher one (celestial). Once you are judged, that's it.

As far as I know, there is NO CHANCE to progress from a lower degree (telestial or terrestrial) to a higher one (celestial). Once you are judged, that's it.

That's the way I've understood it as well.

My view is allot of the heathen nations and the folks who never got a chance to accept the gospel here in this life maybe in a better postion to receive the celestial kingdom than many saints. ( my self included) I'm just glad that the Savior is the judge and not me. And I also believe most Latter day Saints know in there hearts if they are living a celestial life now or not. It's the same sprit that we posess now we will posess there. Thank heaven for chance to repent!

I think that in the preexistence, our actions played a role in where we ended up. While I believe that God truly is no respecter of persons, I think that he means he judges no one based on circumstances outside of their control. God will, of course, exalt the righteous who had faith in His son and send the unrighteous to eternal torment- that's a "respecting of persons" in a way. However, I don't think that will happen until after people have had the chance to fully understand and then reject or receive the true Gospel.

By the way, I think Hemidakota's question was intended to get us to think about the situation, not make a statement of doctrine.

I think that's a fair definition. I like to think of no respecter of persons meaning you won't get off the hook for something you did, just because of who you are. You know how celebrities seem to get off the hook sometimes for the things they do? It seems to be that our judicial system which should be impartial sometimes gives special treatment to certain classes of people. I think that is 'respecting persons'.