I am not this mature. Are you?

Vort

And the rest of the story....

Hot young girlfriend dumps him when she realizes he is not nearly as exciting as the younger guy in the next office....or maybe the wife suddenly morphed back into her single body causing the love to blossom again....or maybe....maybe.....oh and the answer is NO...I am not that mature either.

Wow. That's one amazing woman. I'm guessing that that's what brought him back. He watched her go on with life as usual and not fall apart and he realized what he'd be missing.

What I wonder, though, is why he didn't move out when he threatened to. His wife didn't prevent him from doing it. She tried to, but she couldn't keep him from doing it. Why didn't he leave at the beginning? I guess she was right at the beginning -- it was about him.

Vort, it doesn't matter if you and I are that mature. Let's hope the women beat us to the punch. The women of this article displayed wisdom indeed.

On the other realistic hand, when women want to fly the coop of the relationship, it has always seemed to me to be sappy for men, who should be the strong level headed ones, to get all blubbery and plead with them stay.

Vort, it doesn't matter if you and I are that mature. Let's hope the women beat us to the punch. The women of this article displayed wisdom indeed.

On the other realistic hand, when women want to fly the coop of the relationship, it has always seemed to me to be sappy for men, who should be the strong level headed ones, to get all blubbery and plead with them stay.

We men have our strengths. They are real, and they are important. But we lean heavily on our wives for our emotional foundation; it seems to take most of us a long time, perhaps a lifetime or longer, to develop that emotional strength to stand alone. I don't bother being ashamed of it, since it's just a reality of life for many of us. (But shame on those women who would take advantage!)

• 11 years later...
2 hours ago, Vort said:

Sadly, this story did not necessarily age well.

Nvm... just read the last little bit that was separate from the article

Edited by Fether

I am not that mature.  But my wife is.

But you know what?  For our family, I think that is exactly what we need to be.  I recently had an interaction with one of my sons which would not have ended well if we took her route.  And my wife was doing exactly that.

I took a "less mature" route in dealing with our son.  It was more of a Bill Cosby "I brought you into this world and I'll take you out" methodology.  And so far he's responding well. 

I hope it ages well.

Edited by Carborendum

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2009 at 2:31 PM, Vort said:

Are you as mature as this woman?

This looks really interesting.....

I began to read her blog and I wanted to be able to find this again later on when I have more free time so doing a simple reply is the best way to make sure that I can find this again later.