Hey from GA

tfrey1225

Hello all. I want to preface this by saying that I am not Mormon. I grew up a Baptist. I went to church almost every Sunday. Later in high school I converted to Catholicism. With such a background I grew up with some pretty anti-Mormon beliefs. I had simply been hardwired to believe that Mormonism is a "cult." I heard it from all angles.

About six months ago I left Christianity all together. I was let down by it (a long long story I felt used and abused by Christianity) and just decided to leave. I was atheist for awhile. Well now I feel a draw back to Christianity. And for some reason (that I honestly don't know) I feel drawn to Mormonism. Something, or perhaps Someone is telling me to check it out. I did try the online chat at Mormon.org and that just hasn't worked. I tried the 1-800 number and was ultimately letdown by the cold, corporate feel I got by it. Not to mention I got an answer once, and the guy told me to "hold for one minute" and then he hung up or something.

However, I am not discouraged. I really want some answers. That is why I am here. I am here to learn and perhaps one day convert, who knows? I want to thank everyone in advance for thoughtful answers.

Thank you and God Bless,

Travis.

Seems like you have come a long way. I'm just as new in this forum as you are, but I've been a "mormon" all my life. It's great that you've found here. Obviously everything possible went wrong when you tried to make contact -- could be either Murphey's law or the adversary at work. I hope you will not experience more of these situations, and especially not here. I'm sure there are many peoply willing to answer your questions and you surely can ask me too about our church and our faith. Best wishes from Germany!

Storm

I was born Lutheran and almost become an orthodox (Greek Catholic) finally ended to be LDS ... and have not regretted.

So officially:

Welcome to LDS.net. You will find here an ecclectic mix of LDS and some non-members. While the site is dedicated to the Gospel, and to promoting the Church to a world that often does not understand us, we also make room for conversations about current events, and about social and cultural practices within the Church. If your main desire is to learn about the Church, consider starting with the "Learn About Mormonism" forums. For more advanced teachings, that will often include a variety of perspectives, some non-LDS, consider the Gospel section of forums.

While you are welcome to all main sections, be aware this site makes room for a variety of opinions and personalities. Some posters can be passionate about their views, and occasionally more so about them than about the souls of visitors. If you find something particularly offensive, feel free to make a report by clicking the appropriate tab.