I have found my friend

Killeen

Hi All,

I have served a mission in the wonderful Greece Athens Mission in the '99. Almost at the end of my mission I met a wonderful woman and thinking about her I don't have any doubts: she was my friend on earth. She was from a country were she never had heard about religion or family. When she attended the church for the first time in Thessaloniki she was really stroke about the idea of the family we were explaining her. After a couple of months she left to go to the USA. I heard only once from that time. It was a wedding invitation: she was baptized and was marrying in Portland Temple. I tried to keep in contact with her again without success. When I think about her my heart is still full of joy. And what about your friend on earth? Have already found it?

Guest mormonmusic

I saw a touching joinery of friends years ago when my daughter was two. We were in a mall, and she saw a two-year old with her parents a few meters off. My daugther bolted over to the little girl, and they looked so happy to see each other -- they looked at each other, pointing to their bodies and their hands and their feet. And then they hugged each other! And to our knowledge, they didn't even know each other from any common context.

As parents (all four of us) we watched in wonder. My wife and I couldn't help but feel these two children had left the pre-mortal life at the same time, and intuitively knew each other, revelled in their physical bodies, and displayed affection and happiness at seeing each other.

We let them babble to each other for a few minutes, and then we went our separate ways, but it was the most touching bit of evidence that spirits do recognize each other due to past experiences in the pre-mortal life.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have served a mission in the wonderful Greece Athens Mission in the '99. Almost at the end of my mission I met a wonderful woman and thinking about her I don't have any doubts: she was my friend on earth. She was from a country were she never had heard about religion or family. When she attended the church for the first time in Thessaloniki she was really stroke about the idea of the family we were explaining her. After a couple of months she left to go to the USA. I heard only once from that time. It was a wedding invitation: she was baptized and was marrying in Portland Temple. I tried to keep in contact with her again without success. When I think about her my heart is still full of joy. And what about your friend on earth? Have already found it?

Great story.

I just went through the Portland Temple yesterday for the first time yesterday... a beautiful temple.