Is this a ghost?

SteveMcluuf

Dating the co-worker did not work out, however, I did meet my soul mate, Sarah, online with a popular dating site. We were married the 1st of November and have since moved into our new home that we both picked out. I'm not sure what kind of conclusion you're trying to draw between this thread and the other regarding a co-worker, or really, what the point of linking them together is.

Of course, none of your participation in this thread as been helpful, positive, or non-sarcastic. I really suspect you should do some self-analysis and reflection as to how you are perceived as someone who is saved. The sarcastic remarks in this thread and the other really paint you as a bitter and jaded person.

Steve,

I hope that if indeed your story is a genunine one that you can see how perhaps we misunderstood. People who post on the internet are not always forthcoming. This site does have a glitch in that older threads are hard to identify and I don't think I realized you had posted about the co worker months ago. I should have looked at the date. I also considered the ghost pictures you posted and found them to be a little suspect as well, considering that the second was more ghost like than the first AND considering that the second picture doesn't seem to fit the description of a 1940's design you describe -- which is neither here nor there.

Having said all of that, if I misjudged you, I am sorry and I hope you will see how easy it might be for this situation to have happened.

Misshalfway - None of my last post was directed at you, you've been very helpful as have a few others in this thread. I am very glad to hear the wisdom you and the others have shown. There are a few who delight in sarcasm evidently but you have shown me kindness and respect. You have no reason to apologize, thank you.

This site does have a glitch in that older threads are hard to identify and I don't think I realized you had posted about the co worker months ago.

Lol, there is a glitch? I think the date on each post is working normally ;)

Anyway, I did notice it was five months ago, but it's still suspect. It's not that it can't happen, but I think the reason a lot of us are skeptical is because 1. as you stated, the pictures look very doctored and 2. things moved very, very fast. It's not often someone can claim to be dating one person and then five months later be married to someone else and already have moved into their own home. Maybe that happens commonly in America, but that's just way too fast to be believable here. Normally the dating period lasts over five months before deciding to get married, the engagement period also lasts over five months and the wedding normally takes longer than five months to plan.

So no sarcasm from me, just skepticism.

Lol, there is a glitch? I think the date on each post is working normally ;)

Anyway, I did notice it was five months ago, but it's still suspect. It's not that it can't happen, but I think the reason a lot of us are skeptical is because 1. as you stated, the pictures look very doctored and 2. things moved very, very fast. It's not often someone can claim to be dating one person and then five months later be married to someone else and already have moved into their own home. Maybe that happens commonly in America, but that's just way too fast to be believable here. Normally the dating period lasts over five months before deciding to get married, the engagement period also lasts over five months and the wedding normally takes longer than five months to plan.

So no sarcasm from me, just skepticism.

No sarcasm from you, huh? No no, Not one little bit.

Ok. Perhaps "glitch" was the wrong term. What I should have said was that assuming all threads are current happens a LOT! I was trying to say it is an easy mistake to make on this site.

And with regards to the rest of it and your comment "that's just way too fast to be believeable here"........you must not be very aquainted with mormon marrying culture at all!!

No sarcasm from you, huh? No no, Not one little bit.

:D

And with regards to the rest of it and your comment "that's just way too fast to be believeable here"........you must not be very aquainted with mormon marrying culture at all!!

I don't think it's a mormon marrying culture. Probably more like an American mormon marrying culture - at least as far as I've seen. I personally don't know anyone who has gone from first date to married with own house within five months. That just seems ridiculously short? All three things involved there usually take a lot of time: dating (there is a reason people don't decide to get married after the second date), preparing the wedding (most couples will agree there is vast amounts of work that go into preparing this - I'd say at least five months work minimum), and looking for a house (this is almost as stressful as preparing a wedding sometimes).

Yes, I'm making a lot of assumptions, but all that in five months? I don't really buy it. I may be wrong, but those are my initial impressions. The posts from the OP just seem very odd to me.

I'm not sure about your pictures but you may be interested in visiting True Ghost Stories - real ghost stories, real ghosts, true hauntings, true life hauntings.

I have seen many convincing pictures in the past. One was of a couple sitting on a wall and right beside them was a shadow in the shape of a person. This wasn't a reflection on anything. The picture was taken at night. Another was a picture of a castle in Scotland. When the person got their picture developed there was a person standing looking out a window near the top of the castle. The person was dressed in period clothing. Noone in the castle wears any sort of costume. There is a paranormal group in Ohio that has a picture of a person looking in a window at them during an investigation. It's posted on the internet. These are some of the more convincing ones I have seen lately.

I'm a skeptic when it comes to these things, but it sure is fun to watch right along with the Bermuda Triangle (Which I've been through twice) and, of course, ole Bigfoot and UFO's.

Happy Ghost Hunting:)

Note: There is a lot of spam on the site right now. But if you look you can find things of interest.

Edited by Churchmouse

very difficult to see. Often times, its not what you see that is imortant, but rather what you hear. I would encourage you to entice it...call on it... invite it in to communicate with you. Ghosts, once invited, will often take the invitation. If you do this, you may be able to solidify your evidence even more. Ghosts will often remain in an area that is very significant to them. Where they died, for example, if it was traumatic for them. Experiement and enjoy the opportunities to communicate with those who have passed on. Take more pictures, but do it with the lights off.

Not everything is about a loving Heavenly Father, and what he will allow or not allow. As spirits, we still have free agency to choose and listen and obey. Why wouldnt a spirit remain in an area that is close to them. How about the evil spirits... the ones that dont listen and follow. What is stopping them from coming back to *earth* even if it is against the rules.

Hello we live in a home from the 1940's era and both my wife and I suspect there is a ghost in the home. I am not the original owner of the home and I I can see where there was fire damage in one of the rooms because it has been replaced with drywall. Anyway, from time to time we'll hear footsteps or laughter. On a whim I snapped a shot of the upstairs when we heard those noises and my wife swears there's a ghost in this picture. I circled the area she's talking about in red.

http://www.lds.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=310&d=1258727646

Have you ever seen a ghost or evil spirit? There is nothing there to see.

When the person got their picture developed there was a person standing looking out a window near the top of the castle. The person was dressed in period clothing.

This brings up an important point regarding ghost sightings. If you see a ghost near a nudist colony, you should hide the children's eyes.

Ghosts, once invited, will often take the invitation.

A good practical joke is to invite the ghost into your hot tub with you, then open the drain. It sounds cruel, I know, but the ghost will actually not be harmed, and if he has a good sense of humor, he'll get a good laugh out of it, too. Of course, there is the possibility that he will take offense and will haunt you forever, but sometimes you just have to deal firmly with people who lack any sense of humor. A stiff dressing-down might just teach the ghost a thing or two about loosening up.

I should point out that the original picture suffers from lens flare, since you're pointed straight at the window where light is streaming in. Thanks to the drapes, it's a muted effect that seems a bit ghostly, but that's what I see when I look in the circled red area: Good old fashioned, common lens flare.

Not that I don't believe in Ghosts. You might very well have one, but that picture probably isn't of one.