child friendly videos and sites on the internet?

song_of_the_sun

Hello, one of my children is of primary age (6) and i am finding she is a little to attracted to the obscure, dark types of comedy and things of that nature. Ikeep catching her looking at "salad fingers" on you tube and trying to watch "south park" and "the family guy" I need replacements. Her father, who lives far away watches these programs, perhaps she is trying to be close to him? Anywho, i need to find appropriate sites for her to go to and videos she can watch that she is going to like. She is very new to the church, i am a return convert and left before she was born. Help, the world can be icky

It doesn't sound like a problem with the world, it sounds like the icky thing is the environment in her father's house. She "is going to like" what she gets away with there.

If you and he can't agree on some standards, it sounds like she'll have access to that stuff whenever she's with him. I don't think you'll be able to win her over with veggietales and pbskids.com. Maybe when she's with you, there's a minimal amount of time spent online?

Dunno. It's rough to be split between two homes and be expected to live two different lifestyles. I feel for her (and you).

LM