REAL Salt Lake

Misshalfway

Husband and I had a big get-together and watched it last night... pretty sweet match! I think all the neighbors could hear the guys screaming and hollering!

Yay! another fan! It really was a complete nail biter. So exciting. And for SL to win.....its just huge!

Did you know that the SL coach was a player that they asked to retire so he could coach? The youngest coach in the country. Such a great win.

Are there no REAL fans here on this site? Am I standing completely alone in my principles?

Just messing with ya. I've actually been to a number of their games and yes I have a scarf too. Wish I had seen the game last night.

Hahahaha actually I did. The owner of numerous Chevron stations in the valley was a sponsor and had a box so I got tickets whenever I wanted to join him and others in his box.

I have been to four different Real Salt Lake games (three at Rice, one at Rio Tinto) and I must say that all four have been entertaining. I have been supporting RSL since the beginning and was the only person at my parent's house that was celebrating. It was unreal yet it was awesome.

Who? I live in Salt Lake and nobody I know cares a bit about this. And until Pam came out of the closet I didn't know anyone who had even been to a game.

Considering soccer is one of the most popular sports in the world, I'd have to say that perhaps Utahns are slow.

Can you tell my any other professional sport in Utah that has brought a national championship back home? And then there is the simple beauty of this particular underdog story. REAL was the last to join the tournament and made such an incredible showing including beating the team who has the highest paid and hollywood hyped player. It was an incredible game! Not to mention being an intense nail biter! Anyone who loves the glory of sports could appreciate at least that.

So.... maybe this post should be an invitation to check out the sport. I mean there is awesomeness sitting right there in your own backyard!!

So.... maybe this post should be an invitation to check out the sport. I mean there is awesomeness sitting right there in your own backyard!!

It's funny you should say that because it really is almost literally in my backyard. I am directly across the freeway from it. When they had concerts during the summer, I could sit on my front porch and hear every bit of it without paying the cost of the ticket.

It's funny you should say that because it really is almost literally in my backyard. I am directly across the freeway from it. When they had concerts during the summer, I could sit on my front porch and hear every bit of it without paying the cost of the ticket.

That's awesome! I really love the architecture of the stadium. Beautiful add to SL.