Two more dreams

thekabalist

Hi forum,

Some of you may remember I posted a couple of dreams when I first got here. They were the reason I got in touch with you guys in the first place. Curiously I had two more dreams with you guys and I was wondering if anyone could help me to understand them. I don't know if there's any connection with the previous ones or not. I also apologize for not remembering them in as much detail as I remember the first two. Here they are:

#### Dream 3 ####

I was sitting in what looked like the chairs of some kind of classroom. I remember "rren" was with me. This probably comes from the fact that I had watched his wonderful video the day before and it really moved me. So he was teaching me something about a book. I don't remember what book it was but it was an LDS book. I remember there was someone else with him but I couldn't see who it was. Then more people arrived and we started playing some kind of ball game. I remember that then we sat down and some kind of class was about to start. At this point I remember seeing a blonde girl with blue eyes who was my friend. Then I remember that "rren" had left the room and we went looking for him: myself, this girl and on the way we met a redhaired girl who was also looking for him. We passed by what looked like several restaurant tables and there were a lot of families sitting at the tables. Then I saw "rren" sitting on a bench outside the restaurant and he was holding this book in his hands again. This is all I remember from this dream.

#### Dream 4 ####

I remember very little from this one. All I remember is that I was part of a huge family. And I remember that I saw a lot of people whom I identified as my brothers and sisters and yet I had never met them before. Kind of like a long lost family. I remember that I was in a kind of living room and when I looked up I saw the painting of a figure holding a book. I don't remember if this figure was a man or an angel. The room was dark so the picture was also dark. I remember that I looked at the book and then this light came through the window kind of like a spotlight and it lit up the book and I saw that it was golden and it shone. Then I remember praying and saying "Ribono shel olam [Master of the Universe] are you showing me that this is true?" And I remember that the light got brighter. I felt a warm feeling inside and it was almost like I was crying to the inside. Then I repeated the question but this time I knew the answer. Then I woke up.

Can anyone help me figure these dreams out?

Thanks!

b'shalom!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when you mention a golden book to an LDS audience..our first thought would probably be of the gold plates...and to be asking if the book is true..well that's something we want everyone to know. That we believe it is true.

You've been doing a lot of studying of it lately and interpreting of it for us..perhaps it was on your mind.

Hi Pam,

What are the gold plates? I remember reading about the brass plates of Laban but not about gold plates. And in my dream it really looked like a book. I don't know if the book itself was made of gold or if the painting was golden or if it looked golden because the light was shining on it through the window and the rest of the room was dark.

b'shalom!

Well when you mention a golden book to an LDS audience..our first thought would probably be of the gold plates...and to be asking if the book is true..well that's something we want everyone to know. That we believe it is true.

You've been doing a lot of studying of it lately and interpreting of it for us..perhaps it was on your mind.

Plates made of gold upon which the ancient American prophet Mormon abridged the record of his people. Joseph Smith translated the writings on the gold plates into what became the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ.

I see. But why did I dream about it? I can't understand why I keep having these dreams.

So far I have seen them as incentives to keep seeking fellowship with you and mutual learning. But could there be something else?

Plates made of gold upon which the ancient American prophet Mormon abridged the record of his people. Joseph Smith translated the writings on the gold plates into what became the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ.

I see. But why did I dream about it? I can't understand why I keep having these dreams.

So far I have seen them as incentives to keep seeking fellowship with you and mutual learning. But could there be something else?

I have learned not to put too much into dreams; if they really mean something; time will help you understand; just keep your mind open.:)

Here is a brief introduction from the current edition of the Book of Mormon, to give you some idea.

NTRODUCTION

The Book of Mormon is a volume of holy scripture comparable to the Bible. It is a record of God’s dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas and contains, as does the Bible, the fulness of the everlasting gospel.

The book was written by many ancient prophets by the spirit of prophecy and revelation. Their words, written on gold plates, were quoted and abridged by a prophet-historian named Mormon. The record gives an account of two great civilizations. One came from Jerusalem in 600 B.C., and afterward separated into two nations, known as the Nephites and the Lamanites. The other came much earlier when the Lord confounded the tongues at the Tower of Babel. This group is known as the Jaredites. After thousands of years, all were destroyed except the Lamanites, and they are among the ancestors of the American Indians.

The crowning event recorded in the Book of Mormon is the personal ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ among the Nephites soon after his resurrection. It puts forth the doctrines of the gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come.

After Mormon completed his writings, he delivered the account to his son Moroni, who added a few words of his own and hid up the plates in the hill Cumorah. On September 21, 1823, the same Moroni, then a glorified, resurrected being, appeared to the Prophet Joseph Smith and instructed him relative to the ancient record and its destined translation into the English language.

In due course the plates were delivered to Joseph Smith, who translated them by the gift and power of God. The record is now published in many languages as a new and additional witness that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that all who will come unto him and obey the laws and ordinances of his gospel may be saved.

Concerning this record the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”

In addition to Joseph Smith, the Lord provided for eleven others to see the gold plates for themselves and to be special witnesses of the truth and divinity of the Book of Mormon. Their written testimonies are included herewith as “The Testimony of Three Witnesses” and “The Testimony of Eight Witnesses.”

We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10: 3-5.)

Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is his revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah.

Regards,

Vanhin

#### Dream 3 ####

I was sitting in what looked like the chairs of some kind of classroom. I remember "rren" was with me. This probably comes from the fact that I had watched his wonderful video the day before and it really moved me. So he was teaching me something about a book. I don't remember what book it was but it was an LDS book. I remember there was someone else with him but I couldn't see who it was. Then more people arrived and we started playing some kind of ball game. I remember that then we sat down and some kind of class was about to start. At this point I remember seeing a blonde girl with blue eyes who was my friend. Then I remember that "rren" had left the room and we went looking for him: myself, this girl and on the way we met a redhaired girl who was also looking for him. We passed by what looked like several restaurant tables and there were a lot of families sitting at the tables. Then I saw "rren" sitting on a bench outside the restaurant and he was holding this book in his hands again. This is all I remember from this dream.

I don't know that I pick out anything here that has deep symbolic meaning. Hearing ball game, teaching class, and having dinner all in close proximity, it reminds me of our cultural halls that get used for all these purposes and more.

Otherwise, it seems that this dreams depcits you being friends with many LDS.

#### Dream 4 ####

I remember very little from this one. All I remember is that I was part of a huge family. And I remember that I saw a lot of people whom I identified as my brothers and sisters and yet I had never met them before. Kind of like a long lost family. I remember that I was in a kind of living room and when I looked up I saw the painting of a figure holding a book. I don't remember if this figure was a man or an angel. The room was dark so the picture was also dark. I remember that I looked at the book and then this light came through the window kind of like a spotlight and it lit up the book and I saw that it was golden and it shone. Then I remember praying and saying "Ribono shel olam [Master of the Universe] are you showing me that this is true?" And I remember that the light got brighter. I felt a warm feeling inside and it was almost like I was crying to the inside. Then I repeated the question but this time I knew the answer. Then I woke up.

Can anyone help me figure these dreams out?

As I mentioned on the other forum, I don't claim to have any ability to interpret dreams. That being said, a golden book would relate to the Book of Mormon which is translated from golden plates. The rest of it sounds very much like many LDS would describe their conversion, or the answer to any question that they asked the Lord. A warm feeling and then knowing the answer. This certainly sounds as if in your dream that the book has come out of the darkness and in response to your prayers you are given greater light (understanding) and the revelation that the book is true.

:)

Could be something else. Then again it could be just what you said, incentive to seek us out for fellowship and mutual understanding, or even consideration of taking that a step further.

thekabalist well the fairhaired girl was ofcourse me... although the grays are taking over... not mentoiming that Pam is fair.. :D

Seriosly. As you know I too have dreams and sometime I get the same dream over and over again. Sometimes I can remember the whole dream sometimes just a bit or I KNOW it is important but cant recall it at all... just the feeling of utter importance. Sometimes I just know it was just a dream with no meaning, not any special anyway. Do you have such different kind of dreams?

When I have had a dream I KNOW is important I wake up knowing that thsi dream ment something... usually I write it down.. or I try to write it down.

My dreams have been more of the warning type... me wokening crying... and such. Then I know something bad will happen usually in some half a year or so.

I have also had these dreams that I think mean something when I been awake, thinking and pondering. Like the one of the gate that I had and wrote in one of my bloggs. You find them in my profile in bloggs.

If you did not know that the BoM was written on golden plates and was called a "golden Bible of Mormons" I really can not think you got that from any other sauce than God. We are a huge family you know :) You know they play ballgames often in the Church gym.. the hall part taht is separated from teh meeting room often with a wall taht can be removed if there is a biggger meeting to take place. The gym is also often used as a place where we hold parties and thus filled with tables. Or like last Wensday we ladyes had a Christmas crafts evening or next week we will have a ladies Christmas dinner... served by priesthood! :) Ymmu! Or our monthly eat together ... big Churchfamily dinners!

You know we are all brothers and sisters... siblings in our church! :) We even call each others sister ...or brother X!

You wrote: "Ribono shel olam [Master of the Universe] are you showing me that this is true?" And I remember that the light got brighter. I felt a warm feeling inside and it was almost like I was crying to the inside. Then I repeated the question but this time I knew the answer. Then I woke up.

This is how we get our testimonies of the truth of the BoM. It sure sounds to me that Someone is trying to tell you something! Maybe He has somethig special for you...

#

2 Ne. 25: 8, 18

8 Wherefore, they are of worth unto the children of men, and he that supposeth that they are not, unto them will I speak particularly, and confine the words unto mine own people; for I know that they shall be of great worth unto them in the last days; for in that day shall they understand them; wherefore, for their good have I written them.

• • •

18 Wherefore, he shall bring forth his words unto them, which words shall judge them at the last day, for they shall be given them for the purpose of convincing them of the true Messiah, who was rejected by them; and unto the convincing of them that they need not look forward any more for a Messiah to come, for there should not any come, save it should be a false Messiah which should deceive the people; for there is save one Messiah spoken of by the prophets, and that Messiah is he who should be rejected of the Jews.

I believ you will enjoy reading 1 Nefi 13

This surely explains a lot! I have no doubt that the BoM was of Hebrew origin. I believe that it would be very hard for such a book to have been easily fabricated by someone who didn't know Judaism or Hebrew. I think other Christians are dishonest in their dismissal of the book for that specific reason. They could claim other things like not believing the authority of it just like some don't believe the authority of some kabalistic works but no Jew will deny that the kabalistic works are Jewish in their origins. Makes me wonder if they had some sort of hidden political agenda?

Here is a brief introduction from the current edition of the Book of Mormon, to give you some idea.

NTRODUCTION

The Book of Mormon is a volume of holy scripture comparable to the Bible. It is a record of God’s dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas and contains, as does the Bible, the fulness of the everlasting gospel.

The book was written by many ancient prophets by the spirit of prophecy and revelation. Their words, written on gold plates, were quoted and abridged by a prophet-historian named Mormon. The record gives an account of two great civilizations. One came from Jerusalem in 600 B.C., and afterward separated into two nations, known as the Nephites and the Lamanites. The other came much earlier when the Lord confounded the tongues at the Tower of Babel. This group is known as the Jaredites. After thousands of years, all were destroyed except the Lamanites, and they are among the ancestors of the American Indians.

The crowning event recorded in the Book of Mormon is the personal ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ among the Nephites soon after his resurrection. It puts forth the doctrines of the gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come.

After Mormon completed his writings, he delivered the account to his son Moroni, who added a few words of his own and hid up the plates in the hill Cumorah. On September 21, 1823, the same Moroni, then a glorified, resurrected being, appeared to the Prophet Joseph Smith and instructed him relative to the ancient record and its destined translation into the English language.

In due course the plates were delivered to Joseph Smith, who translated them by the gift and power of God. The record is now published in many languages as a new and additional witness that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that all who will come unto him and obey the laws and ordinances of his gospel may be saved.

Concerning this record the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”

In addition to Joseph Smith, the Lord provided for eleven others to see the gold plates for themselves and to be special witnesses of the truth and divinity of the Book of Mormon. Their written testimonies are included herewith as “The Testimony of Three Witnesses” and “The Testimony of Eight Witnesses.”

We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10: 3-5.)

Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is his revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah.

Regards,

Vanhin

I don't know that I pick out anything here that has deep symbolic meaning. Hearing ball game, teaching class, and having dinner all in close proximity, it reminds me of our cultural halls that get used for all these purposes and more.

Otherwise, it seems that this dreams depcits you being friends with many LDS.

Yes I am under the same impression.

As I mentioned on the other forum, I don't claim to have any ability to interpret dreams. That being said, a golden book would relate to the Book of Mormon which is translated from golden plates. The rest of it sounds very much like many LDS would describe their conversion, or the answer to any question that they asked the Lord. A warm feeling and then knowing the answer. This certainly sounds as if in your dream that the book has come out of the darkness and in response to your prayers you are given greater light (understanding) and the revelation that the book is true.

I do believe in the authenticity of the records. The fact that I am Jewish doesn't mean that I don't. We Jews do believe that other religions get their share of revelation for G-d as well. :)

thekabalist well the fairhaired girl was ofcourse me... although the grays are taking over... not mentoiming that Pam is fair.. :D

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were you two. In fact I'd be delighted to discover that it was. :)

Seriosly. As you know I too have dreams and sometime I get the same dream over and over again. Sometimes I can remember the whole dream sometimes just a bit or I KNOW it is important but cant recall it at all... just the feeling of utter importance. Sometimes I just know it was just a dream with no meaning, not any special anyway. Do you have such different kind of dreams?

Ah yes. We take dreams very very seriously in Judaism. You can see how serious it is to us by the fact that my other two dreams were reason enough for me to contact you guys because they caught me completely by surprise. I have no contact with LDS in my daily life.

When I have had a dream I KNOW is important I wake up knowing that thsi dream ment something... usually I write it down.. or I try to write it down.

I do the same. :)

My dreams have been more of the warning type... me wokening crying... and such. Then I know something bad will happen usually in some half a year or so.

I have also had these dreams that I think mean something when I been awake, thinking and pondering. Like the one of the gate that I had and wrote in one of my bloggs. You find them in my profile in bloggs.

I will certainly check it out!

If you did not know that the BoM was written on golden plates and was called a "golden Bible of Mormons" I really can not think you got that from any other sauce than God. We are a huge family you know :) You know they play ballgames often in the Church gym.. the hall part taht is separated from teh meeting room often with a wall taht can be removed if there is a biggger meeting to take place. The gym is also often used as a place where we hold parties and thus filled with tables. Or like last Wensday we ladyes had a Christmas crafts evening or next week we will have a ladies Christmas dinner... served by priesthood! :) Ymmu! Or our monthly eat together ... big Churchfamily dinners!

You know we are all brothers and sisters... siblings in our church! :) We even call each others sister ...or brother X!

This is interesting. But what would a Jew be doing in a church? This part is still odd. In fact I don't mean to be offensive but it actually anguishes me because Judaism considers it a sin for a Jew to enter a church. Not because we believe there's anything wrong with churches on the contrary Judaism is very open in regard to other religions but because a Jew must not convert to another faith and forsake the covenants that we have with G-d. I hope I haven't offended you by saying this.

You wrote: "Ribono shel olam [Master of the Universe] are you showing me that this is true?" And I remember that the light got brighter. I felt a warm feeling inside and it was almost like I was crying to the inside. Then I repeated the question but this time I knew the answer. Then I woke up.

This is how we get our testimonies of the truth of the BoM. It sure sounds to me that Someone is trying to tell you something! Maybe He has somethig special for you...

#

2 Ne. 25: 8, 18

8 Wherefore, they are of worth unto the children of men, and he that supposeth that they are not, unto them will I speak particularly, and confine the words unto mine own people; for I know that they shall be of great worth unto them in the last days; for in that day shall they understand them; wherefore, for their good have I written them.

• • •

18 Wherefore, he shall bring forth his words unto them, which words shall judge them at the last day, for they shall be given them for the purpose of convincing them of the true Messiah, who was rejected by them; and unto the convincing of them that they need not look forward any more for a Messiah to come, for there should not any come, save it should be a false Messiah which should deceive the people; for there is save one Messiah spoken of by the prophets, and that Messiah is he who should be rejected of the Jews.

I believ you will enjoy reading 1 Nefi 13

I will continue my studies of the BoM. I believe at least that much of the dream is clear to me.

b'shalom!

This is interesting. But what would a Jew be doing in a church? This part is still odd. In fact I don't mean to be offensive but it actually anguishes me because Judaism considers it a sin for a Jew to enter a church. Not because we believe there's anything wrong with churches on the contrary Judaism is very open in regard to other religions but because a Jew must not convert to another faith and forsake the covenants that we have with G-d. I hope I haven't offended you by saying this.

I will continue my studies of the BoM. I believe at least that much of the dream is clear to me.

b'shalom!

This one kinda hit my heart a little bit. I can see how even considering the truthfulness of another religious message would be difficult on many fronts.

It reminded me of many times in the old Bible stories where individuals found themselves in foreign circumstances so they could either learn great lessons or do the will of the Lord or be tested in some way.

I guess all that I can say is that for me, my allegiance is primarily and absolutely to God my Father in Heaven and that supersedes my commitments to my church or the traditions of my culture or my family or even my personal wants -- not that such doesn't cause turmoil inside of a person. If God wants someone to go to Nineva or Egypt or cross a desert or kill his own son, it seems to me that this person will always be supported because the Lord is behind and on either side to help that person stand. Perhaps there is great growth in these paradoxes that God places in our path. Maybe the Lord has greater visions for the wonderful Jewish people and maybe He is looking for a the courageous who may be willing to be expanded.

Just have faith, Kabalist. I can only guess where God is leading you and why now seems to be the time for His intervention into your course. Maybe God is causing you to question your foundations so that he can strengthen and broaden them. At least He seems to have done similar things with me. I think He does it to all of us at one time or another. I suppose its up to us whether or not we will heed the invitation and trust enough to follow where God leads.

Blessings and comforts to the deep parts of your heart. Thank you for at least considering the BofM.

TheKabalist: where do you live? I'm in the Galilee region right now, and will be in Jerusalem in a few days.

I'm currently in Argentina though I've lived in different countries over the past years. But I must tell you that like the song says ein li eretz acheret gam im admati (there's no country like my land) and a Jew is forever connected with the land of Israel. I hope you enjoy your stay in Jerusalem. Be sure to visit the Kotel on Friday night if you have the chance. :)

Misshalfway

My heart aches with the possibility that I may have offended you. Please forgive me. But do try to understand that the Jewish people has a special mission given unto us by G-d Himself. Please understand that this mission cannot be put aside. Just like I now believe that the LDS has a G-d given mission to transform Christianity for the better.

b'shalom!

This one kinda hit my heart a little bit. I can see how even considering the truthfulness of another religious message would be difficult on many fronts.

It reminded me of many times in the old Bible stories where individuals found themselves in foreign circumstances so they could either learn great lessons or do the will of the Lord or be tested in some way.

I guess all that I can say is that for me, my allegiance is primarily and absolutely to God my Father in Heaven and that supersedes my commitments to my church or the traditions of my culture or my family or even my personal wants -- not that such doesn't cause turmoil inside of a person. If God wants someone to go to Nineva or Egypt or cross a desert or kill his own son, it seems to me that this person will always be supported because the Lord is behind and on either side to help that person stand. Perhaps there is great growth in these paradoxes that God places in our path. Maybe the Lord has greater visions for the wonderful Jewish people and maybe He is looking for a the courageous who may be willing to be expanded.

Just have faith, Kabalist. I can only guess where God is leading you and why now seems to be the time for His intervention into your course. Maybe God is causing you to question your foundations so that he can strengthen and broaden them. At least He seems to have done similar things with me. I think He does it to all of us at one time or another. I suppose its up to us whether or not we will heed the invitation and trust enough to follow where God leads.

Blessings and comforts to the deep parts of your heart. Thank you for at least considering the BofM.

Not because we believe there's anything wrong with churches on the contrary Judaism is very open in regard to other religions but because a Jew must not convert to another faith and forsake the covenants that we have with G-d. I hope I haven't offended you by saying this.

From the LDS perspective conversion would be a continuation or greater fulfillment of the Covenants the house of Israel as made with the Lord, but I can understand how on the flip side it's seen as an abandonment. When an LDS leaves the church and joins another (or just abandons the church) it is seen as a breaking of covenants made (particularly if they've been through the temple) so I can understand the line of thought. We wouldn't consider it a sin per say, but I imagine many would raise an eyebrow if somebody just started going to the local Catholic Mass, particularly if they expressed it was because of a desire to know if it was true.

Kind of a conundrum. If we're right you aren't sinning by investigating and possibly even converting, if we're wrong though and you're right then it would be quite the opposite, you'd be abandoning not embracing truth. Of course I'm biased on just which of the two scenarios is the case. :)

thekabalist,

Your second dream reminds me of the doctrine of sealing families for eternity. Malachi 4:5-6 states

5 ¶ Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

These words were important enough that Christ caused the Nephite prophets should write them (3 Nephi 24:1), and he even quotes Malachi 4:5-6 in 3 Nephi 25:5-6. Elijah did come to the prophet Joseph Smith, as recorded in Doctrine and Covenants 110:13-16 to return the sealing keys to the earth.

The nature of eternal families has always been one of the most powerful restored doctrines of the LDS Church. It's interesting, to me, that you were told the golden book (in your dream) was true in this setting, among family.

Misshalfway

My heart aches with the possibility that I may have offended you. Please forgive me. But do try to understand that the Jewish people has a special mission given unto us by G-d Himself. Please understand that this mission cannot be put aside. Just like I now believe that the LDS has a G-d given mission to transform Christianity for the better.

b'shalom!

No. You haven't offended me. Not once. But I have offended you. I apologize as I was perhaps trying to offer an explanation for why a Jew might be led to the mormon church. I only have one answer for that because I believe that God is now in the process of gathering all the house of Israel and having dreams isn't a unique story as many have been led to our faith this way. But that is my bias and the way I tend to see things. You'll have to forgive me for not understanding your perspective better. I offer it only as another explanation and one that makes sense to me. And I offer it with my most sincere respect for the Jewish tradition.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were you two. In fact I'd be delighted to discover that it was. :)

Ah yes. We take dreams very very seriously in Judaism. You can see how serious it is to us by the fact that my other two dreams were reason enough for me to contact you guys because they caught me completely by surprise. I have no contact with LDS in my daily

b'shalom!

Yes it is really weird when you get a dream. Because of my dream I went to this big singles meeting in our Church and met my DH... weardest thign was everythign was like in my dream...

Actually we are not even allowed to babtise Jews, not in Israel anyway. I think maybe God just wants you to be ready, to read the books we use and find out if they are true. And maybe some day you or your kids (or someone you have dared to talk to) will be able to teach the BoM to the Jews. I am sure you will get more dreams about what you should do. Right now I think it is enough to just read and study.

No you have not offended me or any of us by what you have said .. I hope I have not in my ignorance offended you eiter. I have a great respect and love thowards Jews.

I think I said that my daughter lives with a Jewish young man who is the father of their 2 beautiful daughters. I do clash with one in a Finish board who says he is a Jew... but I doubt that he is. And then there is my theory about Finnish people...:P

Misshalfway,

You have not offended me in any way. You guys have been nothing short of extremely nice and loving. I had seen Christians with a wonderful spirit before but never had I had such a positive experience with an entire group before. I hope you see us as brothers because I certainly do.

b'shalom!

No. You haven't offended me. Not once. But I have offended you. I apologize as I was perhaps trying to offer an explanation for why a Jew might be led to the mormon church. I only have one answer for that because I believe that God is now in the process of gathering all the house of Israel and having dreams isn't a unique story as many have been led to our faith this way. But that is my bias and the way I tend to see things. You'll have to forgive me for not understanding your perspective better. I offer it only as another explanation and one that makes sense to me. And I offer it with my most sincere respect for the Jewish tradition.

I speak from the heart when I say I have thoroughly enjoyed having you on this site. Your insight into our own scriptures has already taught me so much. It does show that two religions can get along when their is a mutual respect for each other.

I didn't understand what you mean by a step further. Could you explain?

Giving some consideration as to why God would direct you to records that will enlighten our life. Consider how it will or should affect your path in life knowing that this is the word of God. I'm just say that it may be that you should seriously all of that. If you feel that these dreams have significance ask yourself what and why.