Scary Stories

Mormongirl_611

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ToasterOfen

Originally posted by Mormongirl_611@Oct 29 2005, 06:53 PM

Please tell us the scariest thing that ever happened to you?

Okay, I guess I'll start (sorry, I realized this was the youth board after I posted my message; but I hope you'll still enjoy it). This may not be the scariest, but it sure is creepy.

My husband and I had just moved into our first house. We had 2 children at the time and I was pregnant with our third. The 2 boys were in bed and my husband was out playing basketball at the ward. So, I'm up, by myself, and I am, even as an adult, scared of the dark.

I had closed the blinds to our sliding glass door, but because this was an older house, a couple of the slats were missing. I was sitting on the couch watching TV when I looked over at the window...and I screamed bloody murder! There was this "devil" cat looking in the window! It was missing an eye and looked like it had just come from "Pet Cemetary"! Being an adult, I tried to calm down, and forced myself to view this rationally. I looked at the cat a little more, and decided it was a real, live cat, not from Pet Cemetary; but it was missing one eye.

After that, we replaced the blinds! And I saw the cat a few more times, in the day time, so I knew it wasn't one of the "walking dead". But, it really was one of the creepiest things I've experienced. :witch:

The scariest thing that ever happened to me was when I was 19 I had incredible pains shooting down my left leg. I had no idea what it was, thought it could be a pinched nerve in my back. So, I started going to a chiropractor and started exercising more. Well, after 3 months of no relief, in fact, it was starting to get worse. I couldn't sit for more than 10 minutes. Seriously, in sacrament meeting in church, I'd sit in the back, it was my goal to be able to sit until after sacrament was over, yeah, I reached my goal a few times but more often I wouldn't even be able to sit. Oh, I was in real serious pain. It was so bad that I started sleeping on the floor because my mattress was too soft and after my car ride to work, which was 5 min, I would limp through the parking lot. Finally, after 2 minutes being in the car I called my parents and said "I have had enough, I need some serious help. I am in pain and I can not handle it." We realized at that time that this problem was not going to get better unless something drastic happened. So we set an appointment up with an orthopedic surgeon who suggested an MRI and gave us these possible options of what was causing me pain. 1. Cancer. 2. Ruptured disc. 3. Pinched nerve. After talking to him I was even more scared. I cried to my mom that I was going to die of cancer, and I'm only 19! When the results of the MRI came back the diagnosis was not a bright one, but I was officially a medical anomaly! I had a ruptured disc in my lower back that was pushing my spinal cord against my vertebra. I had to have back surgery!!! I was only 19 and I had back surgery. I was so young and traumatized, I seriously thought the surgeon was going to nick my spinal cord and I'd be paralyzed or maybe he'd nick the part that went to my heart and I'd die. I think I had the best spinal surgeon in the country because I have never had any problems since. I've had sore days but, I can now sit for extended periods of time!!!! I can sit through sacrament meeting. OH, another scary thing, before my surgery, my doc's prescribed me Vioxx and Bextra as anti inflammatories and pain killers, and now they are pulled from the market. So instead of being paralyzed, I get to die of a heart attack!!! :wacko:

Wow...those would both be very scary!!! Well replying to you having back surgery, my family got in a serious car accident when I was 9 (15 now). This drunk guy was driving in the wrong lane and it cause this other girl to swerve and she lost control and her car started spinning. We then hit her head on going 65 mph. She died a few mins after the crash, she was only 21! The drunk dude was a hit and run and a few weeks later his 21 year old daughter turned him into the police. Well back to the crash. My brother was 12 years old, he broke his back, had a hernia (or however you spell it) and had to get a surgery on his stomach. He over all had 3-4 surgerys, can't remember LOL. My mom broke her hip and had a hip replacement surgery and dislocated her thumb and broke her pelvis (doctors didn't do anything for her dislocated thumb until about 3 days after accident, and my dad had a broken pelvis, me being the luckiest of all only had a very swollen back and a bleeding liver! I have never broken a single bone!!! I have only torn a ligament in my leg. Well anyways about 3 years after our car accident we hit a huge cow on a back road! It was hecka scary!!! Then about 6 months ago me and my brother were driving the back roads again and we went over a hill hit a thing of water that had gotten on the road did a 180 and ended up the opposite direction we had been going! It was scary!!! Well those are some of my scary stories.

Scary huh?

Lots of "scary" things in my life....but I think the scariest was when I let my daughters boyfriend (at that time) stay with us for a couple of weeks, before I booted the free loader out.

A couple of months later (after she had broken up with him) I get a phone call at work from his roommate (a friend of the family) who tells me not to let the ex b/f in the house, or around my daughter AT ALL, and to call the police if I see him in the area.

He had just killed his parents, and was on the run. They caught him, he's still in prison...but for years my daughter had nightmares about him escaping. Every so often we would go down to the police station and have them check his status to make sure he was still locked up. We all felt better after moving out of that area. (just in case).

Originally posted by Lindy@Oct 31 2005, 08:17 AM

Scary huh?

Lots of "scary" things in my life....but I think the scariest was when I let my daughters boyfriend (at that time) stay with us for a couple of weeks, before I booted the free loader out.

A couple of months later (after she had broken up with him) I get a phone call at work from his roommate (a friend of the family) who tells me not to let the ex b/f in the house, or around my daughter AT ALL,  and to call the police if I see him in the area.

He had just killed his parents, and was on the run.  They caught him, he's still in prison...but for years my daughter had nightmares about him escaping. Every so often we would go down to the police station and have them check his status to make sure he was still locked up. We all felt better after moving out of that area. (just in case).

WOW! That would be scary Lindy. You and your daughter must have someone looking out for you.

A few years ago, the media, especially the newspaper was warning people to be on the lookout for wild animals that they might encounter.

People were warned to be especially leery of: wild animals acting sick or tame, or being up and about during the day when they are normally nocturnal creatures. The reason they gave for all of this was because there had been several reported cases of rabies among skunks, cats, raccoons , a few dogs and a horse all in a few months of one another.

All week long students in school were talking about so and so having to go and get rabies shorts because they had been bitten by some strange dog or cat, and how painful the series of shorts would be.

One day after school, just before Halloween, I decided to go for a ride on my motorcycle out in the country. I usually ride my road bike but it was already getting late and I wanted to return before dark.

As I rode along .... I noticed that the wind was really coming up and I thought to myself that I was glad that I took my motorcycle instead of my bike because the pedaling would really be difficult. I rode on for awhile and then I saw an old abandoned farm house that picked by curiosity, and I found myself wanting to stop and explore it.

I got off my motorcycle, and as I approached the house part of me kept saying to go home, but the other part said that this is an eerie, scary old house and that it would be fun to look around. :) :ahhh:

At this time the wind was really blowing hard and it was causing all kinds of strange snapping, swooshing, and crackling sounds from the house, the trees and the many over grown bushes and weeds in the yard. It was at this point that I must admit that I started getting a stronger sense of alarm for being there alone as darkness was approaching. So I quickly decided that it was time to go home.

I walked out of the house and got back on my cycle ... I took one look back at the house and saw that the setting sun gave it and eerie orange glow and I was glad that I was leaving. :ph34r:

Then, just as I started off on my cycle, the blurry image of something and with a strange sound coming from it were being perceived right behind me. Then in an instant something was sticking me in the back. :ph34r:

My mind began to race with thoughts of a rabid animal having leaped on my back, hanging on with it's sharp claws and ready to bite me any moment. I tried to turn my head and shoulders to see what was on my back but any little turn and what I perceived to be claws sticking me in the back got worse. :ph34r:

Then in another instant a twinge of panic went through my body and I found myself gripping the throttle so tightly toward me that I caused the

cycle to accelerate rapidly causing it to do a wheelie. This scared me even more because I had never done a wheelie on my cycle before and I was sure that now I was going to be bitten and crash. :ph34r:

After traveling what seemed like half a mile doing a wheelie, ( I know it was a lot less, it's the feeling), I somehow managed to slow the cycle down and get it under control without crashing. Then a strange thing happened ... the terrifying creature on my back released it's gripe and came flying around my left side, as I braced myself for the enviable attack, it fell to the road and rolled past me.

I had to look twice before I could discern what it was. When I recognized my monster for what it really was ... I was first very relieved and then very embarrassed for having let my mind play tricks on me that way.

Do you want to know what the monster on my back was?

If you do post yes and give a guess, then after a few days have past to give others a chance to guess I will tell all. :bat::bat::bat: :reaper: :scared: :freaked: :freaked: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

When I was 17 I was kidnapped. My older brother had gotten into some serious debt with a bookie and as a result they were looking for anything they could find to make him pay up. He left town to lay low for a while until he could get the money.

As I was leaving school one evening after track I noticed a blue Oldsmobile following behind me about half a block back. I stopped and stared and realized the two in the front were some of the guys involved with my brother. I took off running and went through a few back yards to get away. I have no idea how they found me or cut me off but as I was comming around a house I was slammed into the wall by a good sized guy and then found myself with a bag over my head and felt myself being put into the back seat of a car.

No one said a word to me as we drove. They just held me down so I couldnt fight.

I was hauled up some stairs and into an appartment and put on the sofa. During the car ride my hands and feet had been tied. I heard the voices of about 5 men walking around me but then a few of them left. The bag was removed from my head and I saw that only two guys were still with me and I'd never seen them before in my life.

The two guys looked to be in their late 20's or early 30's and wore jeans and t-shirts. Nothing special but they did look like they could handle themself well in a fight.

I asked what the h*ll was going on and they said someone wanted to know where my brother was hiding and I was going to tell them. Of course I didnt know but tell that to them...

After a long time, I dont know how long, I asked if I could use the bathroom. One of the guys told me I could but he wasnt taking the rope off. If I needed to go so bad I'd figure out how to do it.

So with one guy in the bedroom talking on the phone and the other sitting on the chair in the living room watching out the window and watching tv I hopped down the hall and into the bathroom.

They had taken the door off so I couldnt lock them out. I saw that the bathtub had been filled and I started to really panic inside. My brother had told me a couple of times how these guys liked to dunk people in water until you either passed out or drowned. He told me a lot of stuff that I didnt buy as true but when I saw the filled tub I knew I was going to be tourtured and most likely killed because of the money my brother owed.

Out of pure panic and desire to escape I hopped as fast as I could at the window and broke through the glass and fell 3 stories to the court yard.

I was knocked out instantly and lay there tied up and bleeding. I was told later by the police that the guys had come down and started to try and drag me off but several of the appartment tennants had come out of their appartments and scared them off and called the police.

I had 2 broken ribs and a fractured jaw. The rest was bloody this and scraped and cut that, mostly from the glass.

I've really edited and shortened this because there was a lot of profanity and vulgar things going on. Maybe I'll blog the entire thing sometime.

Originally posted by Setheus+Nov 2 2005, 01:34 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-ldsgurl_2002@Nov 2 2005, 06:12 AM

i did the opposite..went to bed with them on but i faintly remember taking them off in my dream..lol

:excl: THATS THE GIRL I"M GONNA MARRY! :wow::wub::lol:;)

I got a good laugh out of this one.

PS. I'll tell the rest of the story on Friday.