Question For The Boys

It's quite rare for a girl to ask a guy out but even if one does and she's rejected, at least you know what we feel like. Men are visual creatures; most likely we rejected you based on your looks. Even if you have a butt ugly face you can still make up for it with a well-muscled body (muscle means weight lifting).

It's very rare that a guy would turn down an attractive girl because she was annoying, we men at least give the girls the benefit of the doubt, especially when they stroke our ego by asking us out.

And just some advice, be specific as to what you want from us. A lot of guys will be incredulous and will make sure that you're really asking them out. Make sure you are specific as to it being a date with a kiss at the end of the night since you're paying for the date so he should put out (he'll love ya if you tell him this).

But seriously if you can't get a guy to go out with you, he either thinks you're unattractive (very unlikely), he's got a girlfriend (you waited too long to ask him out), or he's gay.

Originally posted by stellati@Oct 30 2005, 12:04 AM

I heard that you guys like it when a girl asks you out, right?  Well, if you turn down a girl who asks you out, what do you think your chances are of her asking you out again?  Seriously, if you men don't do something soon, we're all going to turn into old maids.  :sparklygrin:

In this day and age, I don't find it uncommon at all for a girl to ask a boy out. I've had several ask me out. Sometimes I would accept and sometimes I would not. It all depends on the situation at the time.

I also know what it's like to ask and be rejected, so for that reason, if I couldn't or didn't want to go I would tell them so politely so as not to hurt their feelings.

If I couldn't go that time, but I would like to in the future, I would let them know that as well.

If men are visual creatures, they are living in a world of disappointment, unless all they see are magazines. In that case, they are living in a world of ignorance. So basically what you're saying is the fact that this guy turned me down was not his own personality or desires but the way God created men?

Begood2, thank you for walking in the other person's shoes.

My asking him out was most likley due to the fact that I was too fat, too ugly or I wasn't good enough for him??? I think what you really mean to say is that I'm too fat, too ugly or I'm not good enough for the guy. So, when I have been asked out it's all been out of pity, right? What you really are saying, Disruptive1, is when you ask some one out, you only take out the ones who are "good enough" for you? But, that could never happen because no girl is flawless. I apologize, I wasn't the one to ask him out, it was my friend asking the guy she liked out. I'm just complaining on her behalf. Women can be fat and gorgeous at the same time. Men can be fat and sexy at the same time.

Originally posted by stellati@Nov 1 2005, 06:11 PM

If men are visual creatures, they are living in a world of disappointment, unless all they see are magazines.  In that case, they are living in a world of ignorance.   So basically what you're saying is the fact that this guy turned me down was not his own personality or desires but the way God created men?

stellati,

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the guy. All men are not alike. Just as all women are not alike. There could be 101 reasons why the guy didn't accept the invitation to go out.

If he refused the offer, but was very polite about it... he earns some points in my book for showing respect for another person's feelings. If on the other hand he made fun of you or put you down in a sarcastic tone for asking, then he has shown you that , he is a jerk and not worth a second more of your time on.

If the guy said; "I'm sorry I can't go out with you on Friday because I have other commitments, but I'd sure like a raincheck"... then I might just keep him on the list.

Disruptive,

Show some respect when you talk to a lady! Your giving guys a bad rap with your immature and sexist comments.

We have a few posters that are either: 1 very immature, 2. start posting before they turn their brain on., or 3. deliberately try to hurt/make fun of someone. Don't join there ranks by emulating such poor behavior.

Stellati,

I bet that you are a very attractive woman, but even if you aren't ... a good "mature" young male can appreciate the beauty of the woman within.

And as far as the immature others ... that are, oh so visual only, ... that's there loss, not yours.

No, Dis is right *to an ethical point*. Its a scientific fact that males react strongly to visual stimuli than women do. While its heaven on earth for the woman to feel her mates body close to hers and have his scent around her the male a lot of the time would wrather be able to see whats going on under the sheets.

I think thats why the "doggy" position is so favored by guys is because it gives the ability to look his partner over visualy. Other positions require a lot of physical striength also, so perhaps its the ease and the ability to see. I dont know I'm not a sex expert. All I know is the lights are staying on!!! :sparklygrin:

take the advice from a married girl, YES women have to make the first move Everytime this day and age! I Did and look it got me married! I made out with him before our first date, which isnt like me now come to think of it, but hey i got him before the others did.. then i he started opeing up and he purposed to me, that def. is a man's job.

You know what, I am going to go with the statement that some men are just pigs. But look at it this way if one of them turns you down thats one less you have to lose sleep over. When the right one come your friend will know it. Don't let a rejection get you down, if we all did no one would ever get married.

~Allie

PS. Dizzy you comments although true to an extent, is that how men should be in the Church? I don't know how to put into words what I want to say to you but you have proved my point that men are pigs, thanks.

if your talking about the making out it was a kiss and if you think he was the pig then your wrong in this case i will stand up for the males and I was the pig becasue it was me tht jumped him. ok that didnt' sound good I KISSED him. Thre are pigs out there mormongirl male and female, but there are good guys lds or not. and if your not willing to communicate why should he? it takes two to do things. and lots of guys don't know you like them and why wait around till they find a clue it just leads to heartbreak when they go for your roomate cause you "showed no interest"

Showed no interest... That's a tough one. I personally, have a hard time showing interest. I'd rather not open myself up to some one if I don't KNOW that they're interested. I had that experience once. I dated a really REALLY nice guy, he asked me twice to be his girlfriend and I turned him down, then when I was finally ready to date him seriously he totally rejected me. Oh man, that hurt. I guess it is better to show interest than to not.

Originally posted by mormon_gal@Nov 4 2005, 07:55 AM

...men are pigs...

Why is it that men are always refered to as pigs as though its a bad thing? I mean, pigs are not only delishious when served up as ham, bacon, baby back ribs, etc etc...but they are also one of the cleanest animals on the farm. They are HIGHLY intellegent and have been proven in many instances to be easier to train than dogs. Some of their heart valves are usable in human heart surgery and have thus saved the lives of many many many people. Pigs can smell truffles which are no cheap thing. And above all a good pig doesnt want to hurt anyone. It just wants to lay in the shade, play in some mud, and eat yummy slop.

I for one stand up for the pig. And if being a pig means I'm a clean, layed back, intellegent, life saver....then I'm a pig. -_-

Originally posted by stellati@Nov 1 2005, 05:11 PM

If men are visual creatures, they are living in a world of disappointment, unless all they see are magazines.  In that case, they are living in a world of ignorance.   So basically what you're saying is the fact that this guy turned me down was not his own personality or desires but the way God created men?

Stellati~ in talking to a guy last night, he agreed that men are visual creatures..it doesn't make them right....it's just who they are. And so many times a man will say something that we construe as mean and vicious...but they don't mean it to be understood that way.

Women have softer hearts and little things make us cringe, but we have to be strong enough to pull ourselves back up and stand tall for who we are.....NOT for what they want us to be.

---------------------------------------------

...men are pigs...

Had to laugh when I saw that one...... REALLY laugh :D

Visions of the pig we used to have who would dig it's way out the pen and run next door to hang with the cows... after the 5th or 6th time climbing over the fence and running the pig back home..the guy next door tells my ex that a pig NEEDS another pig...they don't do well alone. ROFL Poor thing.... I felt sorry for it after that. Never could understand why it didnt' hang with the goats or the horses we had....it went for the cattle next door.

So guys can be pigs ........as long as they have something to hang out with, so they aren't alone.....they will be JUSSSSST FINE! :)

Originally posted by Setheus+Nov 8 2005, 12:32 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-mormon_gal@Nov 4 2005, 07:55 AM

...men are pigs...

Why is it that men are always refered to as pigs as though its a bad thing? I mean, pigs are not only delishious when served up as ham, bacon, baby back ribs, etc etc...but they are also one of the cleanest animals on the farm. They are HIGHLY intellegent and have been proven in many instances to be easier to train than dogs. Some of their heart valves are usable in human heart surgery and have thus saved the lives of many many many people. Pigs can smell truffles which are no cheap thing. And above all a good pig doesnt want to hurt anyone. It just wants to lay in the shade, play in some mud, and eat yummy slop.

I for one stand up for the pig. And if being a pig means I'm a clean, layed back, intellegent, life saver....then I'm a pig. -_-

Lol. :lol:

I guess that's why we, speaking on behalf of some women, say "You can't live with 'em, you can't live with out 'em"