Grits

Dravin

Grits == Cream of Wheat, but using corn instead.

i have to disagree there lol.......

around here grits are generally seasoned with things like cheese, garlic, cajun, etc

cream of wheat is generally sweeter, seasoned with things like honey, brown sugar, fruit, etc

that alone makes a significant difference in my book. lol grits are heavier, cream of wheat cools faster and is better for younger kids in my opinion. personally i don't eat grits on it's own, i eat them with other things as part of a meal (bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, etc.) cream of wheat i'll eat as a meal (like i would oatmeal).

they both have to be rinsed off your plate before putting in the dishwasher, they both if allowed to dry on anything will be murder to clean. both if fed to little ones they will need a bath to get them clean. if you haven't figured it out, love to eat 'em.. hate to clean up after the kids eat 'em.

but anyway, lol

First time I had grits my husband made them for me at his sister's house, there was nothing to season them with except some white sugar and milk. I must say that my first experience with grits was nasty! It took awhile before I was open to trying them again, but my husband finally was able to make them the proper way. We season ours with bacon and cheese, sometimes we put other things in it as well. Grits in my opinion (and in my experience) should not be sweet.

Sorry I don't care for Grits, I'm more Conservative Party in my older years. I have Voted Grits before then again I also voted NDP a couple of times before Buffalo Bob and his Goat Herders got into power in Ontario and brought down the entire Canadian economy in the eighties.

Then again the last election I was so sick of all of them that I counted party signs and voted who and the most signs between home and polling station.

:) :) :) :) FYI Grits are slang in Canada for the Liberal party.

I've never had Grits but then again many Southerners most likely have not had donairs or beaver tails......eh.