Fitness competition

Guest M80pdsoffury

Guest M80pdsoffury

Hello everyone, I am hoping to get some info...... I would like to find out the views of the church reference women in fitness competitions. I saw a small thread for bodybuilders but they there all men who responded no women or I would have asked them. I am sure most of you are familiar with bodybuilding and the competitions men and women can do. Just in case....like the men, women would also get on stage and display their fit bodies in a bikini and one piece for judging. I have been a gym rat since 1997, I took advantage of the AF gyms they were free! I love fitness, healthy living and working out. I became active in the church again in 2006 or 07 can't remember now. I am aware of the modesty commandment, but since it's for competition not every day beach wear I am hoping it's okay. I would really like to challenge myself and compete. Please anyone help me with any info.

Guest M80pdsoffury

wow that is impressive! I am 5ft even but definately can't lift that. I totaly miss wrote my user name and meant 80pdsoffiery. A friend use to say that to me...how do I go about changing that?

oh no other info about the fitness competition?

lol.... I think this topic is going to be tough to get answers... =(

First don't laugh at Lamar. ;) 1st person to dead lift 5x his body weight. He pulled 661 at a body weight of 132lbs.

Compare this to 8x Mr Olimpia Ronnie Colman who pulled measly 800lbs at a body weight of 305. He would have to dead 1525lb to be as strong.

Second. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Nothing different then you wear to the beach. And at a figure show when the crowd is "lusting" after your body it's because of the hard work you put in and that they want to be like that to, Not the desire to "use" anothers body that is normal associated lust.

wow that is impressive! I am 5ft even but definately can't lift that. I totaly miss wrote my user name and meant 80pdsoffiery. A friend use to say that to me...how do I go about changing that?

oh no other info about the fitness competition?

If you want to change it .. contact Pam... maybe she can do it,not sure, we mortal mods can just delate posts and :disclaimer:

So welcome... If I were you.. which I aint.. I am even 1-2 inches taller :D... I would wear tight jersey... but I aint adn I dont know that much of those special things.

Anyway welcome

So officially:

Welcome to LDS.net. You will find here an ecclectic mix of LDS and some non-members. While the site is dedicated to the Gospel, and to promoting the Church to a world that often does not understand us, we also make room for conversations about current events, and about social and cultural practices within the Church. If your main desire is to learn about the Church, consider starting with the "Learn About Mormonism" forums. For more advanced teachings, that will often include a variety of perspectives, some non-LDS, consider the Gospel section of forums.

While you are welcome to all main sections, be aware this site makes room for a variety of opinions and personalities. Some posters can be passionate about their views, and occasionally more so about them than about the souls of visitors. If you find something particularly offensive, feel free to make a report by clicking the appropriate tab.