New member- introduction

tgoldstein

Hi Everyone. My name is TGoldstein and I guess I should introduce myself by sharing what brought me to this site. I am a new Mormon, born and raised in Judaism. I love the church and I know that it is true. There is a life in my light that never had been until January 3, 2009 when I was baptized.

I am a mom to two beautiful children. My son, is with me in spirit only. He died in 2007. However, I know that he witnessed my conversion and his little sister's too. Now he is waiting for his work to be done. My daughter is 18. She was baptized on February 21, 2009. She's been attending the U of U for a year and is transferring to BYU in January. GO COUGARS!

The love of my life is my husband. We have been married 25 years and I know that what helped us weather the storm of our son's death is the church. He is not a member and doubts the existence of God. However, he's very supportive, loves delivering meals to the sick, attending potlucks and organizing the Chili Cookoff! I pray that one day he will be willing to study his seed of faith.

Professionally, I have a degree in journalism with an emphasis on public relations. I use my education everyday as a fundraising executive for a vision organization.

I love spending time with my family and my cats. I enjoy reading, walking outside, listening to the rain on the rooftops and making a meaningful difference in the world. I welcome introspection and making positive, personal changes. I'm becoming very crafty.

:newbie:

Edited by john doe
deleted names to protect the innocent

Welcome to the site. A wise move your daughter transferring to the Y. Yep Go Cougs!!

Now when you mention becoming very crafty..I hope this is in regards to making things to beautify and not becoming sly and evil. hahahahahaha

Hello and welcome.

If I may make a suggestion: Ugly experience has taught me not to use my real name in forums such as these. I would advise you to delete your name from your intro post and go strictly by your user name. In fact, if I were your brother (which I am :)), I would advise you to choose a new user name.

But I'm probably just being paranoid. In any case, glad to have you here!

Thanks to everyone. I see your point Vort. How do I change my user name information?

Contact Pam she may be able to change the name for you just tell her what name you wnat.

Warm welcome to you! I hope you enjoy this place!

So officially:

Welcome to LDS.net. You will find here an ecclectic mix of LDS and some non-members. While the site is dedicated to the Gospel, and to promoting the Church to a world that often does not understand us, we also make room for conversations about current events, and about social and cultural practices within the Church. If your main desire is to learn about the Church, consider starting with the "Learn About Mormonism" forums. For more advanced teachings, that will often include a variety of perspectives, some non-LDS, consider the Gospel section of forums.

While you are welcome to all main sections, be aware this site makes room for a variety of opinions and personalities. Some posters can be passionate about their views, and occasionally more so about them than about the souls of visitors. If you find something particularly offensive, feel free to make a report by clicking the appropriate tab.

I am real sorry about your child. When you said "weather the storm," i think few people really can understand what that means in your cause. I have had something similar happen in my life. My little girl who has down syndrome almost died 5 times before the age of 2. I can almost grasp what it must have been like for you. I am glad you still feel his love and presence. I am glad you came to the church, i am a new/reactive convert and can attest life is much nicer in the church, living the principles. It is like we have a blue print to follow, i appreciate that. You are welcome here.