help: need fhe ideas for ysa ward

May sound a little cheesy but once we sent groups of four out, each person had $2.00 on them, that's all they were allowed. They had 30 minutes to go to the grocery store and purchase one item for dinner, and then bring it back to the church with the receipt. If they were late they were disqualified.

Once back they turned in their food item and the receipt was checked. Then the items from one group were given to another and they were given 20 minutes to prepare something edible from what they were given.

The group that did the best dinner won. A local pizza place had given us a few gift certificates and that was the winning group’s prize. Oh, and the groups were formed by a drawing, not by friends! We had a problem with clicks and groups that didn’t mingle!

Guest mormonmusic

One way of getting this information might be to send an online survey out to your single adults asking them these questions -- try Online Survey Software Tool - Create Online Surveys - Zoomerang for a free account. Or, you could do a paper and pen survey when you see them at Church.

One activity I really liked was when everyone brought pizza ingredient stuff to FHE, and then we put everyone in groups to make the pizzas. There wasn't much competiton or anything, we just enjoyed working alongside each other. I met my wife in that activity and fell madly in love with her.

The coolest thing I've ever done in a singles ward was a "service auction." A month or two in advance, people signed up with various items, activies or acts of service - everything from guitars to a homecooked meal to math help - and at the auction, people bid on them. The money went to charity. I paid seven bucks for a motorcycle lesson!

Whatever you do, remember the guys! I've had so many experiences with activites that are supposed to be for everyone, but intead cater to just the girls (chick-flick movies, that sort of thing) and it's pretty annoying.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have been FHE Co-Chair in my ward for about a year now, fortunately my co-chair had some pretty good ideas so I thought I would share them. Some of the favorites were

Hobo diner, everyone was given five dollars to go and buy food to feed their group we then had them cook on camping stoves, at then end we tasted and judge their meals

Giant Twister

We filled pantyhose with flour and had a "snowball" fight, similar to the fesitival of colors idea if you live in provo.

Tied up dinner. We made a dinner and everyone was tide up at the wrist with their partner. It was spaghetti and mashed potatoes we did it outside and it became a huge food fight. So much fun.

We did battle of the sexes a. Men had to race in high heels from one end of the gym to the other, take a baby doll out of a carseat and then put it back. We also had guys and girls race to change a tire and then push a full car around the parking lot in a race, etc. you get the idea.

Air guitar rock bands can be fun if the group is willing to put themselves out there.

Massive waterballoon fights are fun, ice blocking in the summer

Giant twister

I know this isn't really something you can do if it isn't Easter, but... one of my favorite YSA activities was an easter egg hunt. You could turn it into something that doesn't have to be "easter" though. Like some other kind of scavenger hunt.

Another one I remember was a campfire dinner...

I never really went to many of my activities when I was in a YSA ward. I usually had evening classes that overlapped with the activity times, or I just wasn't interested in going. Of course, that was the time when I became inactive...

I was in college at the time, and our campus did some really fun activities that might make good YSA activites. One of my favorites was Capture the Flag. We played it across the entire campus at 9pm. It was tons of fun. :D

• 3 months later...

-Ultimate frisbee was a big one.

-Game night at the Bishop's house. This was a fun one. The Bishop was a very successful businessman who started with nothing and has a great company now. We would play games like Monopoly and he would give us advice on finacial situations so we weren't all in debt.

-BBQ with nonmembers. The whole goal was to bring atleast one nonmember or nonactive member to the park where we had a BBQ and got to know everybody else.

-Indoor soccer. Look up the rules. Lots of people had fun with this.

I can't think of any more right now. Its 5 in the morning and I have to get to work haha. I will write down some more later.

My sister had us do some Minute to Win it items at our family reunion.

Minute to Win It - Games - How To - NBC Site

Not all can really be done at home or on your own, but a lot of them can.

She said they did this just at a friends house, then they did it as a combines YM/YW activitie.

You could have different groups rotating around in different directions, so people are playing agasint different teams. My sister had some DVD that would count down, and then count the 60 seconds. I'm not sure where she got it.

Also most of these videos are also on Youtube.

• 1 month later...

These are some of my old YSA's favorite activities. We are located in Utah so that makes some of these possible.

Favorite traditions:

o *Christmas party- Joseph Smith Movie, lights at temple square, and dinner at the Noodle Company

o End of the year party- dinner at church with slideshow of the year

o Thanksgiving Dinner

o New years Eve at Bishops starting around 1am and they made us breakfast

o Sat morning session of conference at bishops with waffles

o Conference Jeopardy (the Monday after conference we’d play a jeopardy game)

o Relief society overnighter Priesthood overnighter

o Volleyball wednedays! (costume volleyball in October)

o Super Summer Activity

o Welcome new graduates barbecue

o Talent show

Favorite Activities

o Rescue- we’d frost cookies or have some other treat and take plates around to inactives in our ward at least once a season.

o Layton Surf and Swim- surprisingly inexpensive, we’d swim and rent the walleyball courts

o Amazing Race

o Cultural Dinner

o Ultimate Frisbee

o Flag football

o In the summer we constantly met at parks and played games ( volleyball, badminton, kickball, soccer, bocce ball, croquet, four-square, tetherball, etc)

o Lessons for FHE with treats and games after

o Games- catch phrase, the name game, signs, stop/pounce/nertz,

o Hikes

o Corn maze

o Raptors game

o Ice Skating

o Boating at pineview

o FHE lesson on patience and then make ice cream in bags (takes about 15 min)

o Gladiator (tables are shields and throw tennis balls at each other

Service

o Humanitarian center @ di

o Call city and do what they need volunteers to do

o Toy drive for bishops storehouse

o Indexing Night

On the bus ride back from a trek at Martin's Cove we played 'the ipod game'. We all took turns. The player has to play a song on their ipod loud enuf so they can't hear themselves sing, and then they have to sing along to the song. It is hysterical. I ended up doing will smith's 'gettin jiggy with it' in a pioneer dress and bonnet. We decided that was probably a first.

• 4 months later...
Guest shelja
Hidden

Inscol academy is a well-reputed Nursing school. Inscol Academy nurses exhibit high standards of professionalism and ethical conduct. Inscol Academy Chandigarh is dedicated nursing training academy that is known to churn out high quality nurses. Inscol Academy institute is that the leading post-registration nursing education provider/facilitator in INDIA.