Actress Brittany Murphy dies

pam

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Brittany Murphy, the actress who got her start in the sleeper hit "Clueless" and rose to stardom in "8 Mile" before her movie roles declined in recent years, died Sunday in Los Angeles of what appeared to be natural causes, a Los Angeles County coroner's official said. She was 32.

ksl.com - Hospital: Actress Brittany Murphy dies at age 32

Guest mormonmusic

Hate to sound prejudiced... but, my friends immediately thought - anorexia or drug overdose...

That's what I thought too, when I read it. But stranger things have happened -- there was a tip-top shape figure skater named Sergei (he was married to his skating partner -- they were from Russia). He died of a heart attack at a very young age too, with no implications of drugs, alcohol or other obsessions -- so it may be a premature judgment about what happened.

I remember that couple, mormonmusic--here's his Wikipedia bio.

On the other hand, wasn't the official line also that Heath Ledger died of natural causes?

Heath Ledger was a tragedy. Officially, he died because of a bad mix of over the counter drug medications. He was having difficulty sleeping and had several prescriptions:

Heath Ledger Cause of Death Confirmed: Prescription Drug Toxicity

I felt bad that so many people said he died of a drug overdose - Which was true, but entirely legal and accidental. So many people wanted to jump down his throat when he was just a guy in a tough job.

I have far more sympathy for someone like Heath Ledger, who took prescription drugs and managed his depression, then for someone like Kurt Cobain, who stopped taking his medication and ended up committing suicide: Heath didn't want to die. His Doctors simply didn't look in to his medical history and didn't realize what a toxic combination his drug regimen would be. It happens.

As for Brittany Murphy, it's possible there were some issues, but I'll wait for the coroners report before I start guessing.

Simon Monjack Admits Brittany Murphy Suffered Heart Murmur

This was interesting, a friend of mine recently had surgery because they discovered with him and said it could lead to a cardiac arrest so there is a good chance that her death was purely natural and that her flu made her condition worse

Edited by sakuragirl
url didnt post right

Heath Ledger was a tragedy. Officially, he died because of a bad mix of over the counter drug medications. He was having difficulty sleeping and had several prescriptions:

Heath Ledger Cause of Death Confirmed: Prescription Drug Toxicity

But those prescriptions mixed with OxyContin and Hydrocodone, for which apparently he did not have a prescription. And as Rush Limbaugh learned to his cost, neither of those are exactly over-the-counter meds.