New... from Gilbert AZ... You can call me I guess a Jack Mormon?

Guest mirancs8

Guest mirancs8

I guess that's what they would call me a Jack Mormon :lol:

I moved to Gilbert over a year ago and was originally born and raised in PA. Been married for 11 years with 2 boys 6 and 9. I go to LDS evens when invited and have been to Sacrament once. I would call myself a Mormon in making for about 10 years now. I always use to watch BYU TV and read the BofM (Bible too of course). I love living in Gilbert and love all the people that I have met and the community.

So why aren't I baptized yet? Well it's complicated. Husband is a annoying anti Mormon who makes fun of them as soon as they are out of site. Will never join the kids and I at any Mormon events. He's from an Evangelical background and has several Reverands in his family. We have had troubles in our marriage for over 8 years but has gotten very bad this past year. I asked for him to leave and it became a drama filled event (leave details for another post). Being scared for my life and safety I decided to try and work it out. Then I caught him picking up random women on craigslist. I vomited for days. I confronted him and he broke apart. Again fearing that he would do something very bad to himself or us I stayed. I'm waiting to get a better plan to try and get out (and yes I do have a house that is my sisters that I live in so that's not an issue).

So I am waiting till something change in my life before I make the move to be baptized. In the meantime I am trying to take care of myself and my kids. I would never survive any of this if it wasn't for the LDS community that is here around me. That are just wonderful.

I would like to share two AMAZING things that happen to me over the past year. I was praying so hard that a job would come through for me... anything would be great. That night completely unexpect/uninvited the missionaries came over. They said that they just felt a need to come and they prayed with us. I felt such a surge go through my body words can't explain it. It was almost uphoric:huh: The next day I got a phone call from someone I interviewed with that he would like me to start working with him right away. What's funny is that he was also LDS (different town/ward)!

The second time I had a very very bad headache for no reason. Suddenly again unexpected visit came from the missionaries. I said to them "I'm sorry if I'm not myself I have a really bad headache." They chatted for a few minutes said a short prayer and no joke as each of the 2 missionaries walk past me my headache was complete GONE! I almost questioned my on sanity at that moment!:huh:

I've had some really amazing stuff happen to me but boy those 2 events I will never forget. I also told my old boss who's son had just started his mission to remind him of what a blessing they are to some people and to never give up what they are doing. He told his son my 2 stories and it sent chills down the spines of those I told.

So anyway, lots more to tell but I think this will do for today. I look forward to talking with everyone here!

Christine

What a great post. That's wonderful to hear. (Not so much the personal struggles - that's no fun... but your faith-promoting experiences are exquisite.) I wish you the best of luck with leveling things out in your life and then being able to move forwards.

God lives, and He loves us all. He wants only the very best for us - and He has brought you right to the base of a mountain of knowledge, experience, opportunity, growth, development, and - most of all - lasting joy. I sincerely hope you'll find the desire and capacity to make the climb. :)

Guest mirancs8

Thank you very much prodigal_son. I feel so much passion for the church and feel that the events that have occured to me is because of my strong belief. I truly believe the Lord hears me when I call out and the missionaries are like my little angels coming to make my day truly blessed. I know they must at times think that what they are doing is just walking the steps or may lose hope in people that visit but I make everyone I run into hears my stories because it truly validated what I already know. I don't think I could do what the missionaries do it's a tough job.

Hi and welcome. If you click on me and go see my profile you can find my stiory.

I lived with my ex for some 10 years. At the end he was getting fysical. He too ahd connnections to anties. I joined the church when we had been married for 5 years.. apparently I joined against his will, even though I did ask. Well IF I had got a no I think I had left him earlier, but I stayed for some 5 years more. If you need someone to help you to get the strengt to leave... PM me... :D

My life was a dream after I left him... well after 3 years I met an LDS guy... but life is never without trials, and some may be huge all to huge...

So officially:

Welcome to LDS.net. You will find here an ecclectic mix of LDS and some non-members. While the site is dedicated to the Gospel, and to promoting the Church to a world that often does not understand us, we also make room for conversations about current events, and about social and cultural practices within the Church. If your main desire is to learn about the Church, consider starting with the "Learn About Mormonism" forums. For more advanced teachings, that will often include a variety of perspectives, some non-LDS, consider the Gospel section of forums.

While you are welcome to all main sections, be aware this site makes room for a variety of opinions and personalities. Some posters can be passionate about their views, and occasionally more so about them than about the souls of visitors. If you find something particularly offensive, feel free to make a report by clicking the appropriate tab.

Guest mirancs8

lydlou thank you for your comment. Sometimes I feel like I want someone to just zap this crummy life I am living right out before my eyes!

Maya, I will definately read your story. From what you wrote I feel for you that you had to go through so much. My husband has "almost" gotten physical with me which is what really scars me. First when I asked him to leave he wouldn't, so something told me to check for his gun. Come to find it in his drawer next to our bed and it was just recently greased! He was threating to shoot himself and suddenly I became very scared he was going to shoot me in my sleep. In the end I hid the gun. The second incident I told him I was going to talk to his older sister about his actions (her husband is a Pychiatrist) well he had this look that I had never seen in 11 years that made my skin crawl. He said that I better never say anything. But he was saying it in a very threatening tone and for a flick of a moment his hands came up to hear my neck and I felt immediately that he was going to strangle me.

I think what is really upsetting is to look back on the last 11+ years and being disappointed in myself for even staying this long. It's tough though when you have 2 young kids and now with the unstability of work and my pay being very little it adds that pressure of having to stay. I'm disappointed in myself for being such a fool and staying so long.

miran I know excactly how you feel. I too was so dissapointed to myself for ever falling for him, even hanging there for so long. I should have been wiser.. but then I was not a member of LDS :P ... uh a bit lame excuse as deep inside I think I KNEW, but did not want to listen.... hey I wanted to play house like everyone else did!

One night I called my mom, sacared, a bit bruiced. She came and talked a while. It was not long after that he moved out. I did tell him that maybe it is better he moves.

3 years later I found my dear LDS Husband adn we married in the Temple. Well things never go the way you want/dream them to, but we have the gospel to hang on to, it helps!

Feel free to PM me anytime.

Thank you for telling me your very personal stories . It is hard sometimes to see the sun through the clouds isn't it ? While you are dealing with all these horrible stuff have you asked your member friends to put youand your family name on the prayer roll in the temple ? I have done this many times with people I am struggling with and it is a miracle how this small thing can change lives .The prayer roll in the temple is not just for the sick in body ,it is also for all earthly illnesses.Emotional,and physical. I look forward to getting to know you better . vanstrada in Australia

Thank you for telling me your very personal stories . It is hard sometimes to see the sun through the clouds isn't it ? While you are dealing with all these horrible stuff have you asked your member friends to put youand your family name on the prayer roll in the temple ? I have done this many times with people I am struggling with and it is a miracle how this small thing can change lives .The prayer roll in the temple is not just for the sick in body ,it is also for all earthly illnesses.Emotional,and physical. I look forward to getting to know you better . vanstrada in Australia

Yep, done that may times and done it for friends too when wisiting the Temple. Today I feel I could kick myself for a few other things, but not excactly marrying the man I did.

How can I be so stupid?? :eek: I am a daughter of my Hevenly father... I should be or become at least a BIT smarter... :mad:

Guest mirancs8

Thank you all for your kind and lovely words. I know that Heavenly Father is watching over me and listening to me because he has brought me my Testimony. I am ever so thankful for everyone here on the forums that has made me feel so welcome!

Yes, someone in the office (who is not LDS) gave me that sweet label, Jack Mormon. I thought it was funny. I had to look it up I had no idea about this term LOL!

I guess that's what they would call me a Jack Mormon :lol:

I moved to Gilbert over a year ago and was originally born and raised in PA. Been married for 11 years with 2 boys 6 and 9. I go to LDS evens when invited and have been to Sacrament once. I would call myself a Mormon in making for about 10 years now. I always use to watch BYU TV and read the BofM (Bible too of course). I love living in Gilbert and love all the people that I have met and the community.

So why aren't I baptized yet? Well it's complicated. Husband is a annoying anti Mormon who makes fun of them as soon as they are out of site. Will never join the kids and I at any Mormon events. He's from an Evangelical background and has several Reverands in his family. We have had troubles in our marriage for over 8 years but has gotten very bad this past year. I asked for him to leave and it became a drama filled event (leave details for another post). Being scared for my life and safety I decided to try and work it out. Then I caught him picking up random women on craigslist. I vomited for days. I confronted him and he broke apart. Again fearing that he would do something very bad to himself or us I stayed. I'm waiting to get a better plan to try and get out (and yes I do have a house that is my sisters that I live in so that's not an issue).

So I am waiting till something change in my life before I make the move to be baptized. In the meantime I am trying to take care of myself and my kids. I would never survive any of this if it wasn't for the LDS community that is here around me. That are just wonderful.

I would like to share two AMAZING things that happen to me over the past year. I was praying so hard that a job would come through for me... anything would be great. That night completely unexpect/uninvited the missionaries came over. They said that they just felt a need to come and they prayed with us. I felt such a surge go through my body words can't explain it. It was almost uphoric:huh: The next day I got a phone call from someone I interviewed with that he would like me to start working with him right away. What's funny is that he was also LDS (different town/ward)!

The second time I had a very very bad headache for no reason. Suddenly again unexpected visit came from the missionaries. I said to them "I'm sorry if I'm not myself I have a really bad headache." They chatted for a few minutes said a short prayer and no joke as each of the 2 missionaries walk past me my headache was complete GONE! I almost questioned my on sanity at that moment!:huh:

I've had some really amazing stuff happen to me but boy those 2 events I will never forget. I also told my old boss who's son had just started his mission to remind him of what a blessing they are to some people and to never give up what they are doing. He told his son my 2 stories and it sent chills down the spines of those I told.

So anyway, lots more to tell but I think this will do for today. I look forward to talking with everyone here!

Christine

So, beside your husband's objections, why have you not been baptized?

Guest mirancs8

Zemah thank you for your post. I really don't have a good answer to that question. Maybe its the fear of what other family members will think, say, or do. Now I don't care and much but go back a few years and yes that would have been going through my mind.