It's Official...I'm Past It

Churchmouse

Today at 6:41 p.m. I turn 62 and my wife has already decided I'm feeble. Our conversation this morning as she was leaving.

"Don't forget to take the brownies out of the oven"

"OK"

"Remember they come out at 8:37"

"OK"

"Don't forget to turn off the oven"

"OK"

"Do you know how to turn off the oven"?

"Well, let's see. There's this big black dial that has O F F printed on it. With six years of college I recognize the word and understand the concept".

My wife loves chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I like white cake. Guess what kind of birthday cake she bought?

While we're on the subject of age. How old are the folks here. I know it's not polite to ask, especially ladies their age, but noone knows us . Your screen name my be Mary, but your name could be Riley. Just for the record, my real name is not Mr. Church Mouse. If you don't want to put your exact age how about 20-30, 30-40 and so on. We'll see how many vain people we have here.:):):)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately or fortunately I know too many people from this site IRL. (depending on how you look at it) Everyone knows I don't look a day over 29. Right people? Right? (ban feature up and ready to go).

No seriously I turned 53 last week..what's amazing is..I was 42 when I started on this site.

Unfortunately or fortunately I know too many people from this site IRL. (depending on how you look at it) Everyone knows I don't look a day over 29. Right people? Right? (ban feature up and ready to go).

No seriously I turned 53 last week..what's amazing is..I was 42 when I started on this site.

You share your birthday with Joseph Smith, don't you. Before someone brings it up, I mean DAY, not YEAR:):) Be nice now folks.

In a few short weeks I'll be 57.

The other day I called my wife at work to discuss a matter. After hanging up, I looked down at my feet, and quickly hit redial. When she answered, I asked, "Why didn't you tell me I had my slippers on the wrong feet this morning?" She laughed, saying, "Oh, did you do that again? You'd better stop it, before I have to really start worrying."

You share your birthday with Joseph Smith, don't you. Before someone brings it up, I mean DAY, not YEAR:):) Be nice now folks.

haha There are a couple that would say we were born on the exact same date.

I'm 29. I'm not just saying 29 because I don't want to admit my real age. I turned 29 a month ago. And when I turn 30, I'm throwing myself a big party. When I turn 40, I may only admit that I'm 39. But i have no problem with heading into my 30s.

It's kinda funny the importance we place on certain dates. 16 (dating at least in LDS culture), 18 (adulthood), 21 (drinking, even amongst those who don't drink), 30 ('old), 40 (Mid-life Crisis) and so on and so forth. For some reason personally I've got this mental block on turning 26 in a few months (At least then I can say I'm over a quarter century old instead of just a quarter century old).

But realistically? The difference between 25 and 26, or 29 and 30 are minimal, and yet so much emotion is placed on them. People (me included) are weird.

I will turn 58 this year. I am not vain- never have been,thus I never will be. If I was vain I wouldn't wear hearing aids that you can see, I would still be slathering on the makeup to cover up a perfect complexion. I also would care that the sunglasses I wear are UGLY- The uglier they are dramatically lessens the chances they will be stolen. I got mighty tired of supplying cheapskates & thieves with cool looking sunglasses.

Well, first of all, I always use my real name. I am 51 years young and loving it. Most people don't believe that I am that old. Perhaps that is a good thing in some ways. In other ways I enjoy being 51 as I can use AARP benefits and a few other benefits. I am looking forward to turning 55 years young to get even more benefits. Isn't life grand?

It's kinda funny the importance we place on certain dates. 16 (dating at least in LDS culture), 18 (adulthood), 21 (drinking, even amongst those who don't drink), 30 ('old), 40 (Mid-life Crisis) and so on and so forth. For some reason personally I've got this mental block on turning 26 in a few months (At least then I can say I'm over a quarter century old instead of just a quarter century old).

But realistically? The difference between 25 and 26, or 29 and 30 are minimal, and yet so much emotion is placed on them. People (me included) are weird.

You forgot 25 -- renting a car in your own name without underage fees. :haha: