It's Official...I'm Past It

Churchmouse

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today at 6:41 p.m. I turn 62 and my wife has already decided I'm feeble. Our conversation this morning as she was leaving.

"Don't forget to take the brownies out of the oven"

"OK"

"Remember they come out at 8:37"

"OK"

"Don't forget to turn off the oven"

"OK"

"Do you know how to turn off the oven"?

"Well, let's see. There's this big black dial that has O F F printed on it. With six years of college I recognize the word and understand the concept".

My wife loves chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I like white cake. Guess what kind of birthday cake she bought?

While we're on the subject of age. How old are the folks here. I know it's not polite to ask, especially ladies their age, but noone knows us . Your screen name my be Mary, but your name could be Riley. Just for the record, my real name is not Mr. Church Mouse. If you don't want to put your exact age how about 20-30, 30-40 and so on. We'll see how many vain people we have here.:):):)

Oh! I thought that you were a little church mascot! Or maybe one of Mickey and Minnie's friends! Hehe:D........anyway, it's nice to meet you! I'm 18.:)

Happy Birthday Churchmouse!

:birthdaycake:

Happy Birthday, Churchmouse! For the record, I always thought you were a guy :P

Hello. My name is Wendy and I am 13,929 days old. But I don't feel a day past 8450!

When I turned 30 all of a sudden it was like sliding into the most comfortable pair of shoes ever, like I was finally the age I should be. I still feel that way, and I have little doubt that when I'm 80+ I'll still be comfortable in my skin.

I am a little older than 9x10^8 seconds old.

If you want to talk days, that's 10100011010001 days old. Or if you prefer, 28D1 days old.

In terms of years, I'm 11100 years old, or alternatively 1C years old.

The math nerds would have been more impressed if you wrote it in base 7 :D

You have issues.

You are such a freakazoid. :P

Elph

You have no idea.

I NEVER EVER wish to be a teen again.

Prior to 25 was almost as bad, I was an idiot who didn't understand life, not bad or anything just no idea what to do. (Non member until 27) Late twenties was the age of 'finding' myself.

Thirties were a blast, married, settled, kids, joined the church, moved to the country, purchased a house.

Forties (44) are great so far, kids are into double digits, wife and I are able to begin spending more time together. Downsides is finance and weight gain but trying to reverse the direction of both!

Unlike many guys I know i don't long for what was.

As I have aged my taste in women for example aged with me. My wife at 40 is more radiant to me then any 20 year old I see.

I prefer the wisdom I have at 44 to the energy at 22. I have more aches and pains now, less energy, less hair!, more weight, more wrinkles but still the same amount of fun.

I admit I thought I was the oldest person on the boardx at 19,772 days, or 54. Apparently I am still a babe to a few of you.

For some reason, 54 has been hard for me, which makes no sense, because it's not a date that typically means something. Fifty-three didn't bother me at all. Fifty-four scares the heck out of me.

For all of those turning 30 or 40, that is so incredibly young. Actually, when I turned 40, I was depressed until I read an article from Gail Sheehy who said that in this age and day, turning 40 was really like turning 30 had always been. That really helped me, and so, in my early forties, I didn't feel old at all. In fact, many would say I acted like a stupid teenager, and they'd be right. But I'd never been a stupid teenager, so I went for it! At 40 I was 20, 30, and 40 all at once. It was both the best time of my life, and the worst. But overall, I was younger at 40 than I'd ever been in my life.

But now I feel old.

Elph

I'm further past it my wife wouldn't even check with me that I knew how to use the oven.

She'd skip me and tell our kids.

Exciting Event!

On New Years Eve we have a couple of families over and have a meat fondue! My wife actually asked me to heat the oil on the stove and I managed it! Later she asked me to light the tea light for the chocolate fondue, after six matches, ribbing from my Brother\cousin in law I managed that also!!!!!:lol: