Today's Music

Guest Ari 2

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by lisajo+Nov 13 2005, 05:00 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Ari@Nov 13 2005, 03:45 PM

For those who voted in Today's Music poll, I would be curious to hear your views.

Ok first of all i miss understood it and i hit yes when i voted LOL i ment no

LOL... that's ok ;)

I voted Yes, then realised the thread was closed! Sorry everyone...

I voted yes because I believe in freedom to choose whatever form of music you wish to listen to, and that not all 'heavy/head banging' music is bad for us or our children.

Kids have brains the same as we do, and they can choose whether or not to take any notice of less than pleasant lyrics.

Originally posted by Ari@Nov 13 2005, 04:45 PM

For those who voted in Today's Music poll, I would be curious to hear your views.

There is plenty of Scripture that tells us to think on things that are good, lovely, etc. To "take captive our imaginations." In ancient computer lingo, GIGO--Garbage In Garbage Out. Our local contemporary Christian music station bills itself as "family friendly radio...where you don't have to worry about inappropriate lyrics or advertising." My guess is that even many nonChristian parents tune in so they are not embarrassed by what they kids may here.

When my children are old enough to make their own choices they will. However, so long as I have a say, I hope to steer them towards music that is godly and wholesome.

Originally posted by prisonchaplain+Nov 13 2005, 06:56 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Ari@Nov 13 2005, 04:45 PM

There is plenty of Scripture that tells us to think on things that are good, lovely, etc. To "take captive our imaginations." In ancient computer lingo, GIGO--Garbage In Garbage Out. Our local contemporary Christian music station bills itself as "family friendly radio...where you don't have to worry about inappropriate lyrics or advertising." My guess is that even many nonChristian parents tune in so they are not embarrassed by what they kids may here.

When my children are old enough to make their own choices they will. However, so long as I have a say, I hope to steer them towards music that is godly and wholesome.

Nice picture chap.........is that you?

I voted yes... but I think it depends on the group...you can't classify bad with every heavy metal group out there. I listened to Metallica with my boys...but I did draw the line at M. Manson with my younger son, just too dark edged for a minor....of course that didn't stop him from going out and buying it!

LOL... when my older son found it, HE took it away from his younger brother, telling him that he didn't want him listening to it....he wasn't old enough. :)

I have good kids!...they aren't warped from listening to heavy metal.... I'M not warped from listening to it either ;)

For those who are unsure about today's music, I would recommend a website:

www.CrossTV.com

A friend of mine introduced me to a video entitled: "They Sold Their Souls For Rock & Roll", narrated by Grant Goodeve (Eight Is Enough).

This video is a real eye opener...it shows concerts of Marilyn Manson, Ozzy Osborn, and Rammstein, amongst others. I was horrified to see what was actually being sung by the subtitles...hailing satan, cursing Christians, promoting violence (esp at schools). Unbelievable, what our kids are exposed to!

Would I allow any minor to watch this? Absolutely not.

Originally posted by Ari@Nov 14 2005, 01:21 PM

www.CrossTV.com

A friend of mine introduced me to a video entitled: "They Sold Their Souls For Rock & Roll", narrated by Grant Goodeve (Eight Is Enough).

This video is a real eye opener...it shows concerts of Marilyn Manson, Ozzy Osborn, and Rammstein, amongst others.  I was horrified to see what was actually being sung by the subtitles...hailing satan, cursing Christians, promoting violence (esp at schools).  Unbelievable, what our kids are exposed to!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :takes breath: hahahahahahahahahaahahah

Are you seriously this paranoid? Have you ever been abducted by UFO's by any chance?

:bouncing:

Originally posted by Jason+Nov 15 2005, 10:38 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Ari@Nov 14 2005, 01:21 PM

www.CrossTV.com

This video is a real eye opener...it shows concerts of Marilyn Manson, Ozzy Osborn, and Rammstein, amongst others.  I was horrified to see what was actually being sung by the subtitles...hailing satan, cursing Christians, promoting violence (esp at schools).  Unbelievable, what our kids are exposed to!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :takes breath: hahahahahahahahahaahahah

Are you seriously this paranoid? Have you ever been abducted by UFO's by any chance?

:bouncing:

Satanically mad laughter.

I as well am trying to bring my teenagers up to listen to good wholesome music. I've learned to appreciate alot of the music they listen to today and vice versa. However, even with the guidance I provide I find them listening to music that I find beyond the standards I have tried to give them. Most of the time they are singing along and when asked if they know what the words are...they don't. They just like the beat. Once aware of the words they then have to make their own decision as to whether to listen to it. I can't monitor 24 hours a day.

We like to watch TBN from time to time, and on Halloween night they televised a special by Christian performer, Carman. I've been listening to alot of his music, and it's a great alternative to the popular rap crap that kids are exposed to. His music tells a story, which usually teaches a great lesson and is very empowering for Christians.

Originally posted by Ari@Nov 15 2005, 09:54 AM

We like to watch TBN from time to time, and on Halloween night they televised a special by Christian performer, Carman.  I've been listening to alot of his music, and it's a great alternative to the popular rap crap that kids are exposed to.  His music tells a story, which usually teaches a great lesson and is very empowering for Christians.

My kids like the cd's from singlesward, RM & home teachers, the songs from Primary and some Hyms are done with a little pazzaz!...............

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 15 2005, 11:01 AM

My kids like the cd's from singlesward, RM & home teachers, the songs from Primary and some Hyms are done with a little pazzaz!...............

WooooHooooo lisajo... ^5!

This video is a real eye opener...it shows concerts of Marilyn Manson, Ozzy Osborn, and Rammstein...

Okay, I have CDs from Ozzi as well as Rammstein. Most of Ozzy's music is just good, energetic music. Rammstein is in German so I have no idea what they are singing -- for all I know they are singing tributes to the Telitubbies (I realize they aren't but their music is great for energizing a long run or bike ride).

If you like the idea of songs that have a good beat, but are in foreign languages, you can use vtuner.com and listen to music from Mexico, Russia, Albania or just about anyplace else that has radio stations on-line.

[/quote

Errmm... Teens or anyone should be able to hear whatever they want. I mean you can warn them about some music but if they choose ignore it well, then thats their fault . Kay, Kay :) Rock lover here ! errm.. kay ( Rock on ! )

Originally posted by Jason+Nov 15 2005, 11:16 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Ari@Nov 15 2005, 11:41 AM

Satanically mad laughter.

They said the same thing about Elvis Prestley.

Hooray for that good ol'e Rock N Roll! (Even if it is of the Devil!!!) :idea:

He listens to music of the devil and promotes satanic literature...in an LDS site. Interesting...

[/quote

Errmm... Teens or anyone should be able to hear whatever they want. I mean you can warn them about some music but if they choose ignore it well, then thats their fault . Kay, Kay :) Rock lover here ! errm.. kay ( Rock on ! )

Well mine listen to what they want when they are 18, Most what they have chosen to listen to is not bad stuff, i'm not saying they have to listen completly to Mormon music, I my self have ended up bying some cd's they like because i ended up surprizing likeing it, and i must say some of it is not what i thought, mainly i dont care for rapp and my kids know this, but now they are older they do most of the choosing..........Rapp is still not allowed in my home, unless i have listened to it first and approved it, now i must say i have liked some of it but most of it i turned down,

Originally posted by Fiannan@Nov 15 2005, 11:17 AM

Okay, I have CDs from Ozzi as well as Rammstein.  Most of Ozzy's music is just good, energetic music.  Rammstein is in German so I have no idea what they are singing -- for all I know they are singing tributes to the Telitubbies (I realize they aren't but their music is great for energizing a long run or bike ride).

This is an mp3 that was played by a self-proclaimed witch in the other network I frequent:

rammstein - Satan.mp3 [ 3m:2 ][ 2.8mb ][ 128 Kbps ][ 44.1 Khz ][ Stereo ]

Rammstein also sings about violence, esp. school violence. The kids who committed the Columbine murders admitted to being "inspired" by some of these groups, and their victims were Christian students.

In the video I spoke about, these groups hail satan and curse Christians; M. Manson defies parental authority by telling the youth in his audience that he will take care of them if their parents won't...after which he shreds the Bible on stage. You can buy Ozzy Osborn Tshirts from his concert with the image of satan on the front.

Originally posted by Ari@Nov 15 2005, 12:29 PM

This is an mp3 that was played by a self-proclaimed witch in the other network I frequent:

rammstein - Satan.mp3 [ 3m:2 ][ 2.8mb ][ 128 Kbps ][ 44.1 Khz ][ Stereo ]

Rammstein also sings about violence, esp. school violence. The kids who committed the Columbine murders admitted to being "inspired" by some of these groups, and their victims were Christian students. 

In the video I spoke about, these groups hail satan and curse Christians; M. Manson defies parental authority by telling the youth in his audience that he will take care of them if their parents won't...after which he shreds the Bible on stage.  You can buy Ozzy Osborn Tshirts from his concert with the image of satan on the front.

You know, at first I just thought of you as an ignorant hick. But now I think you're good for a laugh or two.

;)

Originally posted by Jason@Nov 15 2005, 11:21 AM

Did you ever see the movie Footloose?  You kind of remind me of that for some strange reason...

Your all seeing eye is clouding your vision.

[/quote

Well mine listen to what they want when they are 18, Most what they have chosen to listen to is not bad stuff, i'm not saying they have to listen completly to Mormon music, I my self have ended up bying some cd's they like because i ended up surprizing likeing it, and i must say some of it is not what i thought, mainly i dont care for rapp and my kids know this, but now they are older they do most of the choosing..........Rapp is still not allowed in my home, unless i have listened to it first and approved it, now i must say i have liked some of it but most of it i turned down,

Thats pretty awsome :) a ! :) errm.. well, I can't really give a response to this taking in mind that I'm not a mother . But errm.. yeah I guess but I still think teens should be able to listen to what they want. Errm... Guess because thats How it was in my case . But, knowing the church standards and errm.. kind of changed a bit to no bad word music . ( well, I try ) :) Well, yeah not all music its bad . For example I love classical rock and a mixture of rock music, the beatles, queen, black sabbath ( I don't think its such a bad band ) Pink floyd ect. My brother loves rap music but there are some rap songs that aren't so bad. :)

You know, at first I just thought of you as an ignorant hick. But now I think you're good for a laugh or two.

;)

That was just plain low, :angry2:

Does it make everyone that says mean things feel good?

you can make your point with out insults, it's not hard ya know

(Ari. I guess thats a new one for your blog list, ;) Ignorant hick LOL)