Love Utah and the Cougars

Guest CedarCityCougar

Guest CedarCityCougar

Friends,

I apologize if this thread seems kooky!!! I moved to Cedar City Utah over 14 months ago.

I adore this place, and the rest of Utah especially Provo is awesome. I am not a Mormon. I am a born again(with the Holy Spirit) Christian of over 8 years.

I have been treated with kindness and respect at high levels by this community of mostly Mormons.

There are some differences in doctrines that I cant agree with. I understand and believe salvation is faith in Jesus Christ.

Once you accept his offer of salvation, the Holy spirit seals you with this promise of eternal life. You cannot be unborn again its impossible......Salvation cannot be lost.

Some Mormon(and others) doctrine I have heard believes this--- and some Mormon doctrine does not.

Never the less, I enjoy and love all Mormons and cannot think I living any where else in this country.

But I have one question?

I love the BYU and the Cougars....I have become a huge fan of this awesome University and its sports programs.

My question is to the Mormons:

Do I have your permission as a Christian( blessing) to follow the Cougars and support them?

Many tell me I cannot support or love this team because I am not a Mormon.

Please help!!!!

With Christ Pure Love!!

Robert

Philippians 2:04-11

Edited by CedarCityCougar

Guest CedarCityCougar

Never the less, I enjoy and love all Morons

No not at all, It was a accidental typo!!!! Please forgive!!!

Hey anyone can support the Cougars. The more the merrier. LDS or not.

Thanks!!!!!

I just ordered a T shirt and beanie!!!! And just re watched the Vegas Bowl----BYU detroyed the Oregon State Beavers!!!

According to LDS Article of Faith #4 "We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost." So you are half way there, but to achieve greater spiritual insight and Celestial glory you must covenant through baptism with God.

But, you don't need to covenant at all to be a Cougar fan, and even us Utah fans may get to heaven.

No not at all, It was a accidental typo!!!! Please forgive!!!

Thanks!!!!!

I just ordered a T shirt and beanie!!!! And just re watched the Vegas Bowl----BYU detroyed the Oregon State Beavers!!!

Just teasing you my dear. I knew it was a typo. :)

Guest CedarCityCougar

But, you don't need to covenant at all to be a Cougar fan, and even us Utah fans may get to heaven.

lol

Whats awesome about this state its is love of College Football. Ute fans do a great job of supporting their team.

BTW You guys looked great against Cal in the Poinsettia Bowl........

See you next season, hopefully we can meet with a perfect record!!

Thanks everyone for your awesome posts!!!!!!!

No, you don't have to be LDS to be a BYU fan. Many BYU players are not LDS. One of my favorite pictures from this year is two guys wearing BYU shirts carrying cups of beer in the stands of Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas.

The main difference between Cougar fans and Ute fans is that if a Cougar fan buys a beer he won't let it go to waste by dumping it on an opposing player's family. He waits till he is finished with it and then throws the empty cup.

Guest Godless

Whats awesome about this state its is love of College Football. Ute fans do a great job of supporting their team.

As much as I like the Cougs, you haven't seen true football devotion until you've been to the South (and this is coming from a Yank). Say what you want about the BCS, but this year's title game was a match made in heaven. I can't think of any states that take football more seriously than Texas and Alabama.

Sorry, just had show some Big 12 love. Welcome to the site!

Guest CedarCityCougar

As much as I like the Cougs, you haven't seen true football devotion until you've been to the South (and this is coming from a Yank). Say what you want about the BCS, but this year's title game was a match made in heaven. I can't think of any states that take football more seriously than Texas and Alabama.

Sorry, just had show some Big 12 love. Welcome to the site!

I understand about the SEC. I used to live in Florida and understand completely about their love.

However their conference is one level up on the Mountain. And this state is worthy and acceptable on its support of College Football.

It may not be as huge as the SEC and its rivals, but this Mountain West Conference is enjoyable.

Thanks for welcome!!!

Robert

Phil 2:04-11

Texas 24 Alabama 19

Mods............ I apologize if this thread is in the wrong forum. Please feel free to relocate this thread to its correct place!!!