Adult Religion Classes western US for ages 31+

pam

There isn't really a forum for this age group so thought I'd bring it up here. There was a discussion in another forum about institute classes and the age limitations.

Here is a schedule for Adult religion classes for those older than institute age in the western United States.

BYU Religious Enrichment Programs

My Stake is actually in the process of starting SA Institute classes which I think is a great ideal not only for the active SA's but it could be used as a way to get some of the less actives back into wanting to be an active part of the Church. Personally I would love the opportunity to teach a class such as this.

You would be awesome as as a teacher for one of these classes Keith. I'd be one of the first to sign up if I lived in your area.

Thanks Pam. When it was first discussed in our PEC meeting I brought up the fact that perhaps it should be co-taught. The Bishopric asked for my input as far as who could teach, or would be willing to teach such a class besides myself. I do know names have been submitted to the Stake, but that was a couple of months ago and I have not heard anything more about it. Maybe I will bring it up in PEC this Sunday.

I'm thinking about taking the class that is designated for single adults 31+. Would be nice to meet some others out there..such as men! hahahaha Never thought I'd hear me saying that. Who knows? I might learn about Family History too.

I think these are great. And yes, you would need a good teacher. I see it as a little like Gospel Doctrine. You'd have know alots, know nothings, and know somethings in that class and need someone who is good at facilitating discussions and reining in speculations.

I'm confused. I thought institute was already for adults. . . I remember going to institute near Yuba College. I didn't go to any of the single activities since I'm married and that'd be weird, but I went to the classes. . . I'm 30 now, so why shouldn't I still be able to go when I turn 31 this year if I have the time or inclination to do so?

I LOVE taking these adult classes. I never had seminary classes, since I just joined the Church in '08. In fact, these classes were a BIG part of my joining the Church! I took a couple classes even before I was a member!

The classes also encouraged and helped me make it to the Temple for my endowments

just one year after my conversion! (Dec. 11, 2009-Salt Lake Temple) AMAZING!!!

What a wonderful Christmas season this was!

In fact, this week I'm beginning two new adult classes. Yippeeee! Such fun!

God Bless