My Coach got fired...

phatbac

I am a lifelong Redskins fan and this morning around 4am the coach of my favorite team got fired. I am glad and since Hope springs eternal I just thought for all of you guys and ladies out there who are not in the playoffs football wise would you like to sound off on what your team is doing differently (i.e. coach, front office, QB, etc) to give you hope for next year!

Btw-- we got a new GM and on the verge of hiring a new coach so i am hopefull that we ( the Redskins) can get the franchise turned around for the future.:)

Guest Godless

As I've said before, you guys have plenty of talent. You just need to fill your coaching staff with people who know how to make use of it. If you can do that, then the Redskins will be a formidable team.

Thats good...you can have him.....if you ask him he still doesn't know how they are winning....:lol::lol::lol:

Funny..because a poll I was just reading have him at 91% of the votes for the best coach in the league right now. So contrary to what you may think, there are many that appear to like him.

Funny..because a poll I was just reading have him at 91% of the votes for the best coach in the league right now. So contrary to what you may think, there are many that appear to like him.

let me try a food metaphor(mmmm food)

I think that if you take the best cut of prime rib and the best grown potato and serve it for dinner people will say you are a good cook.

but what can you do with less than top shelf talent at almost every position? you will find out in the end that the chargers might be a race car but its too much car and Norv is not enough man to drive it!

I do not like him as a head coach and I have mentioned that before. Until he can win a super bowl he will be like Marty Shottenheimer.

I so hope the Chargers go to the SuperBowl and win..Just so I can say "na na na na na na." That would be the ultimate awesomeness.

once again....I never said I don't like the chargers.....I am not a Turner fan....maybe he can get his brother a job now that he got fired from the Chicage Bears today.

It doesn't really who coaches the skins at this point. Norv Turner has coached in Washington and was the only head coach in recent history with a winning record. The biggest problem is Dan Snyder. He meddles too much in personnel and coaching decisions. As long as Snyder, or "The Daniel" as he is sometimes referred to, is calling the shots the Redskins will never be able to win. He likes to bring in high profile (and high dollar) free agents that have huge problems off the field.

This isn't unique to the Redskins. Look at the teams where owners tend to play a big role in the day to day operation of the team. Al Davis in Oakland, Jerry Jones in Dallas and Dan Snyder in Washington all play active roles with little or no fruit to show for it. Before you bring up Dallas winning their division and making the playoffs, keep in mind they haven't won a playoff game since 1996. This might be the year they break that drought, but the fact remains they have very little to show for their meddling ways.

Bottom Line: Shanahan doesn't stand a chance unless Snyder takes a back seat and lets Shanahan call the shots.

It doesn't really who coaches the skins at this point. Norv Turner has coached in Washington and was the only head coach in recent history with a winning record. The biggest problem is Dan Snyder. He meddles too much in personnel and coaching decisions. As long as Snyder, or "The Daniel" as he is sometimes referred to, is calling the shots the Redskins will never be able to win. He likes to bring in high profile (and high dollar) free agents that have huge problems off the field.

This isn't unique to the Redskins. Look at the teams where owners tend to play a big role in the day to day operation of the team. Al Davis in Oakland, Jerry Jones in Dallas and Dan Snyder in Washington all play active roles with little or no fruit to show for it. Before you bring up Dallas winning their division and making the playoffs, keep in mind they haven't won a playoff game since 1996. This might be the year they break that drought, but the fact remains they have very little to show for their meddling ways.

Bottom Line: Shanahan doesn't stand a chance unless Snyder takes a back seat and lets Shanahan call the shots.

I totally agree with you but the good news reports have mike shanahan has final decisions on all football matters. i hope it is Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan making personel decisions and "The Daniel" will be in the background and not in the decision making process. Of Course this might just be my optomistic kool-aid drinking side, but i am hopeful...