Tostitos fiesta bowl

talisyn

I was at work last night and could get info only on breaks, but I love it when people blow off Boise State.

Fiesta Bowl preview: TCU vs. Boise State - CFB News - FOX Sports on MSN

What will happen: TCU will make a statement. Boise State is good and deserved to be in the BCS without a question, but this is a special Horned Frog team that will come up with over 200 yards rushing and will harass Moore all game long. Boise State won’t be able to power the ball like it’ll want to early on, and after getting down early, it’ll have to start bombing away. With Young banged up, and with Hughes and company able to pin their ears back, TCU will make it tough for the Bronco offense to find any consistency.

Line: TCU -7

CFN Prediction: TCU 34 … Boise State 17

Bet the person who said 'TCU 34' feels a bit foolish right now.

What really happened:

Live: Boise State, TCU in Fiesta Bowl - CFB News - FOX Sports on MSN

Western Athletic Conference champion Boise State earned its second BCS victory - as many as Michigan, Penn State and Alabama have combined.

I don't know how 3 teams can have as many bowl wins as 1 team that won twice, unless the reporter was trying to be funny :huh: But I liked it anyways.

Something I didn't know about

Fiesta Bowl: Thompson spearheads impressive Boise State defensive performance - ESPN

It also didn't help that for nine minutes in the first quarter, both TCU and Boise State were without their headset communication to the coordinators upstairs. TCU's offensive coordinator had to call the first quarter of the game from the ground where he didn't have a good vantage point and with all of Boise State's switching, the Horned Frogs were having a tough time figuring out what to call.

They had to play real football! The kind that doesn't rely on images from the Hubble telescope and 30 people calculating to the Nth degree how the quarterback is going to move his pinkie. It may have been boring to some, but it sounded like a game both teams wanted to win.

That was a fun game to watch, both teams played hard. BSU just played harder/better. What is funny is some people describing it as a spanking. BSU did well, but the game could have gone either way until the last 20 seconds, it's not like it was Seminoles vs. BYU or something. :)

I enjoyed that game as much as any game this bowl season. I thought that was two fantastic teams playing very well. If people thought, because of the low score, that it wasn't a good game, then I say they just don't appreciate great football. I thought both teams (defenses especially) played great. I think either of them would've given the likes of Florida, Texas, or Alabama a run for their money last night with a great chance of winning those matchups. I think it's time the MWC had an automatic BCS bid (4-1 this bowl season with the only loss the TCU loss). Unfortunately the WAC is too weak across the board for the same consideration. Perhaps Boise St. should consider petitioning to join the PAC 10 or MWC??!! They are a consistently great football program.