Garments and "well endowed"

XoXTracyLouXoX

I am about to get endowed and I need advice on what garment tops I should try. I am 5'2" and wear a 34F/32G size bra. I asked close friends who were also well endowed and Endowed and they found that the cotton "full cup" worked best. My friend let me try on hers (which should have been my size, small full cup) and it did not fit me. The only size I found that was comfortable in the chest region was a large, which was entirely too big everywhere else.

Does anyone have any advice on what fabric/style works the best?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not that big but i wear the chemise, the silky material, over my bra.... i can never get proper support out of my bras if i put the garments under them... i hear it's an even greater issue for women with bigger busts. not sure if that would fix the being to big everywhere else issue. i know i've been able to gain and loose weight more smoothly with the chemises than with the ones that have ... i think someone called them boob pockets. the formed chest became to big and i couldn't wear them where the chemise didn't do that.

I also like the chemise (t-shirt style) tops, and I wear them over my bra. I'm a DD cup (though I'm far from a 34). I used to wear my garment under my bra, but when I was breastfeeding my daughter, I found it was much simpler, quicker, and more discreet to be able to lift my shirt and garment top together as one. After I weaned her, I tried to wear my garment top under my bra again, but unlike most people I know, I gained a cup size after nursing (went from a D to DD), and wearing the garment under the bra only created the awkward (and uncomfortable) dilemma of the third and fourth boobs.

There are two types of chemise tops. There are ones that are just a completely flat front, like a plain t-shirt, and there are also ones that don't have cups, but are rouched or gathered slightly between the breasts. I wear the first kind.

i like the ones that are gathered between the breasts. i made the change from under my garments to over after my first kid. but i was told when i went to the temple for the first time when i was instructed about the garments that some women prefer to wear them over their bra, some under and that it was between me and the lord but pregnant and nursing mothers were instructed to wear over the bra to prevent wrinkles that could contribute to mastitis (?sp spell check gave me that word may be the wrong one lol).

that made since in my head but not sure if it does here... sorry lol

I thought garments were supposed to be closes to your body and everything else layered atop them? This is what I've heard from various people. Is this not true?

I'm pretty sure that it used to be directed that garments should be closest to the skin, but I get the feeling that we finally figured out that a group of stodgy old men probably aren't the best suited for figuring out how to make women comfortable with their boobs and periods and what not.

I'm something like a 36H or I at the moment (I haven't had the courage to have a bra fitting since I got pregnant, so I'm not sure exactly), so I feel your pain acutely. I get the best results with a round neck, tall, full-cup. However, I'm 5'7 -- I don't know how a tall size would sit on someone your height! It might be worth a try, though.

I tried chemise tops, but there just wasn't enough material to cover my torso (even when I tried the tall) -- they were always coming untucked and sliding up. Very uncomfortable. So I ended up taking most of those back unopened.

As for fabric, I prefer poly-cotton, because my bra doesn't slip around so much as on drisilque. I don't know how much difference there is in fit, and I've only tried those two fabrics.

If absolutely nothing else, Beehive does do custom sizing if you need it. There's no extra charge, but I expect you would have to put in a special order and wait for it to come in.

that's cause yall aren't expected to wear bras. lol and soooo had more to my comment but i'll stop....

I hear you

I've been biting my tongue trying to decide if making a "zinger" at MOE is worth the risk of moving this to the open forums. :conscience:

I have decide it is not. Doing the right thing is hard:D:bangcomputer: