Garments and "well endowed"

XoXTracyLouXoX

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we get as much variety here in UK. I've stuck with the same nylon mesh for years. That chemise style sound good. I am going to investigate if they do those here. I find it more comfortable to wear my bra over the top. I was so glad to be told to wear them that way when I was endowed 20+ years ago.

Hi, I'm quite large on top and find the chemise style (in poly-cotton) very comfortable both over and under the bra. I picked mine up at the Preston, England Temple Shop they seemed to have them in a range of sizes and this time i got petite rather than normal length as i'm short in the body, so i assume they would also have tall. Hope this helps Willow.

Mo x

What a great topic!

I am kinda like Willow, I have worn the same kind for more than 20+ years. I have tried the cotton poly round neck but it was lacking in coverage and coming untucked. Have they improved the fabrics they use? It seems to me that some wash up better than others and this is why I have stuck with the mesh. I also need a tall and I am not sure they all come in tall. I also like the square neck because it comes in line with my bra, what have you ladies found as far as different necks and having them not show with your blouses? I wear a lot of cami's with a button up the front blouse and don't like to worry about what the cami doesn't cover.

I am ready to try something else but not sure I can feel right about wearing it over my bra. When I first went through the temple that had just introduced TWO PIECE. I can't imagine wearing the one piece. They seem to always be improving and I wouldn't mind stepping out of my comfort zone if it provides more comfort. :)

Honestly, I didn't know they had more than one style or fabric for garments. That's good to know though for future reference. Still, this is one of those things within the church that will be difficult for me to accept. That's not saying that I won't wear them, just that I'm not going to be a happy camper wearing them. I've come to absolutely adore my cute underwear! It's hard to imagine tossing all those out and just wearing garments :[

Are any of you converts? It must be extra tough on those who are suddenly introduced to the concept of garments after going through the temple etc etc and required to wear them daily :/ I know that some women wear garments strictly on Sunday and they're off the rest of the week. I work with many of them.

Still, this is one of those things within the church that will be difficult for me to accept. That's not saying that I won't wear them, just that I'm not going to be a happy camper wearing them. I've come to absolutely adore my cute underwear! It's hard to imagine tossing all those out and just wearing garments :[

Are any of you converts? It must be extra tough on those who are suddenly introduced to the concept of garments after going through the temple etc etc and required to wear them daily :/ I know that some women wear garments strictly on Sunday and they're off the rest of the week. I work with many of them.

Hi Bini, I'm a convert myself and did find the whole thing a bit strange to begin with. My hubby was a member when we married and having been a returned missionary was already endowed. I remember asking him one day while i was doing the laundry why he was all secretive about the garments, his reply, "they're not secret, they're sacred". A few years later i was baptised and in September 2005, while heavily pregnant with our second child, he took me to the Temple to be endowed and for our family to be sealed.

I remember being back at the accomodation that evening and getting ready for bed, both of us in our whitest of whites and knowing that it was right, an immense feeling of love and happiness.

And, who's to say you need throw away all of your existing underwear!!!? I still have a small drawer of fancy stuff for 'special occasions'! Then the garments go back on before sleeping.

I know of one woman whose husband is not a member and for whatever personal reasons they may have she only wears hers on a Sunday. Also, I have recently qualified as a nurse and find that hot and sweaty uniforms while bedbathing and eg in theatre are really not helped by having that extra layer and so it is my personal prayerful decision not to wear them at work. They have been excellent this last month though with the ridiculous amounts of snow that we've had, i've been very grateful for the extra layer!!!

I think that once you have been to the temple and understand why we covenant to wear the garments, you will feel differently to how you do now.

best wishes

mo x

I'm busty but not as big as you, and I've actually really liked wearing the garmet under my bra, it's helped the bra fit better. I can't give you a specific reason why. I do wear a tall top, which seems to make them start lower. The best advice I can give is to try different kinds. I know they don't cost much, but it still ads up, but they are pretty helpful when you buy them. Oh and I'm a DDD and I don't wear the full cup and it works out fine, so maybe there's hope for you too?

Are any of you converts? It must be extra tough on those who are suddenly introduced to the concept of garments after going through the temple etc etc and required to wear them daily :/

Well, convert or not, everyone who goes through the temple, receives their endowment, and starts wearing garments is pretty much full grown already. I'd say that 18 is probably the youngest anyone receives their endowment, so everyone is accustomed to wearing "normal" underclothes prior to that.

I know that some women wear garments strictly on Sunday and they're off the rest of the week. I work with many of them.

I've never heard of that. I certainly hope they're honest in their temple recommend interviews when they are asked if they wear the garment "night and day, as instructed."

I'm a convert and had no idea what the garments were like before I went to the temple. The first ones I got (drisylque) I did not like at all and couldn't imagine getting used to them, but then I discovered a different material and style (nylonmesh) and have worn those ever since. I have never heard of it being acceptable to wear them only on Sundays.I have worn mine day and night for over 25 years. I was old the only time it is acceptable to remove them is for bathing and swimming.

Regarding my quote:

I know that some women wear garments strictly on Sunday and they're off the rest of the week. I work with many of them.

Whether or not they're honest in their temple recommend interviews is none of my business. But to clarify, these women are in maureenjscott's situation. Certain professional attire just isn't practical for garment wearing.

Certain professional attire just isn't practical for garment wearing.

Could you explain what attire that would be? I can think of maybe a lifeguard at a swimming pool, but even they could put their garments on before changing to a swimming costume whilst on duty and back on again afterwards. I know police officers, fire woman, nurses, a surgeon none of whom have complained they cannot wear their garments whilst on duty. They are even produced in regulation colour for military personnel so I'm a bit puzzled by this.

I don't think we get as much variety here in UK. I've stuck with the same nylon mesh for years. That chemise style sound good. I am going to investigate if they do those here. I find it more comfortable to wear my bra over the top. I was so glad to be told to wear them that way when I was endowed 20+ years ago.

they do them here I wear the polycotton ones they are my favourite but find they don't go with a couple of my tops so need to wear the other style as well

Still, this is one of those things within the church that will be difficult for me to accept. That's not saying that I won't wear them, just that I'm not going to be a happy camper wearing them. I've come to absolutely adore my cute underwear! It's hard to imagine tossing all those out and just wearing garments :[

I am so much of a convert that after 3 years in the church a kind Sister decided to show me what they looked like. I was disappointed they didn't wear dresses in the Temple and put off going for 2 years because I thought it was a bit revealing to be wearing in front of other people.

Actually the adjustment has been quite easy - keep the nice stuff for romantic nights:) they are incredibly comfy and I have scriptures I have memorised, I love having a special soak in the tub listening to uplifting music and then putting them on whilst reading the scriptures I use to remind me of the m temple. They -

Could you explain what attire that would be? I can think of maybe a lifeguard at a swimming pool, but even they could put their garments on before changing to a swimming costume whilst on duty and back on again afterwards. I know police officers, fire woman, nurses, a surgeon none of whom have complained they cannot wear their garments whilst on duty. They are even produced in regulation colour for military personnel so I'm a bit puzzled by this.

That's fine. I'm not arguing. I'm simply saying that some of the medical professionals I have and do work with—don't. And since I'm not an active LDS, it would be hypocritical of me to point fingers and judge them for how devout they are as Mormons.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I didn't know they had more than one style or fabric for garments. That's good to know though for future reference. Still, this is one of those things within the church that will be difficult for me to accept. That's not saying that I won't wear them, just that I'm not going to be a happy camper wearing them. I've come to absolutely adore my cute underwear! It's hard to imagine tossing all those out and just wearing garments :[

I am a convert and when I first found out about garments I was totally freaked out. When I found out that I HAD (this is what I was told) wear my bra over my garment I was not to excited about it to say the least. I did not mind the bottoms because they were super comfortable (plus no more panty lines!)but it did take me a while to get use to the tops. I had to get rid of tons of my clothes that I though were garment friendly but were not. I have been wearing garments for two years now and I love them! I typically don't wear them if I am going to the OB/GYN (its kind of awkward when they do the breast exam and the doctor asks you why your bra is over you under shirt) and I am so uncomfortable. For me I was told that you were suppose to wear the garment next to your skin so I have always worn my bra over it. I could not imagine not wearing my garments. When I see my husband in his I am reminded of the beautiful promise of temple marriage and his faithfulness.

I hate the ones with the boob pockets! I prefer the drylux round neck talls. When I went through for my own endowment the lady who fitted me gave me a size 32 when I should of had a 36 size top. The whole session the top kept rolling up and I was almost in tears and telling my husband there was no way I could be this uncomfortable for the rest of my life.

I would recommended buying a few different tops and bottoms and finding what you like the best.

I typically don't wear them if I am going to the OB/GYN (its kind of awkward when they do the breast exam and the doctor asks you why your bra is over you under shirt) and I am so uncomfortable.

When I go to the OB/GYN, they have me take off all my clothes and put on the gown. I've never left either my bra or garments on. It defeats the purpose of doing a breast exam if the doctor isn't able to feel your breast.

When I go to the OB/GYN, they have me take off all my clothes and put on the gown. I've never left either my bra or garments on. It defeats the purpose of doing a breast exam if the doctor isn't able to feel your breast.

My bra is usually just pulled up. I have never taken all my clothes off! Umm...maybe I should be? Does everyone take everything off? The nurse really never told me one way or another and the sheet they give is only so big. I have never put on a gown either. Am I missing something? No wonder my OB/GYN looks at me like I am a freak!

My bra is usually just pulled up. I have never taken all my clothes off! Umm...maybe I should be? Does everyone take everything off? The nurse really never told me one way or another and the sheet they give is only so big. I have never put on a gown either. Am I missing something? No wonder my OB/GYN looks at me like I am a freak!

Maybe I shouldn't have laughed but I have been doing it for so long (taking it all off), that to imagine an exam with my clothes on would be strange to say the least. Sometimes if I am unsure of how far to strip I will ask the nurse, and then repeat it back to her to make sure we are on the same page. This system has worked well for me.:)