Garments and "well endowed"

XoXTracyLouXoX

I hope I have not shared too much information, but wonder if other men have experienced this same issue/problem.

What exactly is the instruction for wearing the garment -- is it next to the skin even for body parts needing more support?

Seems like this would be best in a new thread, not one about chests in the R/S Women's Issues forum.

Some garment styles are more like boxers where others are more like briefs. Have you tried cotton/poly bottoms of the appropriate size?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess "well endowed" could be for women or men.

My understanding is that an administrator needs to start a new thread.

I have tried cotton/poly "support" (small crotch) bottoms and they do help keeps things in place better than "regular" bottoms but definitely not as well as a supportive brief, etc. I just wonder if other me have had the same experience. Supportive briefs also reduce chafing.

A few years ago I counseled with my bishop about wearing a supportive brief under the garment for the reasons I have mentioned; his council to me was that he thought it was okay.

I too think I remember being told in the temple that the garment is supposed to be worn next to the skin.

Seems like this would be best in a new thread, not one about chests in the R/S Women's Issues forum.

Except that if you read through the entire thread, it's drifted back and forth between well-endowed women and well-endowed men, and the problems that come with ill-fitting garments on both sexes.

Krp5:

I interacted in this thread some time ago and was outlining I did not like the term “well-endowed” for the reasons that is still outlined earlier in this thread. I do not want to go back to that topic within this thread because I have realized that it was off topic and did not realize I was breaking important policies/moderating rules. I made a mistake in going too far off topic.

However, I do think there are problems for both women and men that might be larger, or have differing body parts, in regard to garments. I never suggested that women with larger breasts did not have unique challenges. I had one really interesting conversation with a very good male friend regarding the advantages and disadvantages of differing styles of male garment bottoms (boxers, brief’s and the new type that are like underarmour). I do think size can be an issue and the three types can give very different types of support. However, there are other issues also, like rashes (some men really sweat in that are) and I have come to believe circumcision (or non circumcision) also have relevance to comfort and type of garment.

I’m not sure if an actual post on the male size would be a good idea. I am not sure. I think it’s a needed discussion, and I think such topics can be talked about with maturity (even across gender), but I can also see how such a discussion can cross the line of crudeness and inappropriate sexual aspects quite easily. If such a topic was started, I would participate in and try my best to keep it on track – but I would also ask a moderator to keep a very close eye on it. I have made mistake on this forum before in not understanding who moderators were – but I do not think I have every crossed the line when talking about the sexual aspects of humanness in past threads. Talking about the sexual aspects of humanness is part of being human – so it’s a needed discussion, but then again, it can get out of control real fast. If you start such a forum - -and it might be good to check in with a moderator – please do not call it garments for “well-endowed” men – it’s really not a gift (and it could even be a curse:eek:).

Further, and hoping I am following this sites rules, if you want to talk with me in private regarding this subject you are welcome to send me a private e-mail. But whether in private or on an open forum the most important aspects are not to move toward inappropriate conversation. In the end, though, regardless of problems (including other types of problems beyond this thread) – garments are to be worn as much as possible and really serve as a protection against evil and temptation and should be worn against the skin

My question isn't a matter of "size", but of comfort. The garment bottoms I have tried have caused me to want to "adjust" most of the time due to comfort and sometimes even pain. When I wear a "supportive" brief or athletic supporter under my garment bottom then I do not feel this need or desire. I just wonder if other men have had the same experience. Perhaps I'm unique?

KRP5:

I might be off base -- and others can share if I am -- but I think your concern needs to be addressed in the men's/priesthood forum. This is a releif society/women's forum. If it is somethng that is an important concern you might want to try starting a new forum and seeing if there is interest. But I do not think its fits into a women's forum.

KRP5:

I might be off base -- and others can share if I am -- but I think your concern needs to be addressed in the men's/priesthood forum. This is a releif society/women's forum. If it is somethng that is an important concern you might want to try starting a new forum and seeing if there is interest. But I do not think its fits into a women's forum.

Allow me to quote myself:

Except that if you read through the entire thread, it's drifted back and forth between well-endowed women and well-endowed men, and the problems that come with ill-fitting garments on both sexes.

post #95

As a man I am much more comfortable wearing a supportive brief, etc. under my garment bottoms. Without supportive underwear under the garment bottom I want to or need to "adjust" frequently. The men's garment bottom does not keep things wear they should be.

I hope I have not shared too much information, but wonder if other men have experienced this same issue/problem.

What exactly is the instruction for wearing the garment -- is it next to the skin even for body parts needing more support?

post #97

Some garment styles are more like boxers where others are more like briefs. Have you tried cotton/poly bottoms of the appropriate size?

post #101

My question isn't a matter of "size", but of comfort. The garment bottoms I have tried have caused me to want to "adjust" most of the time due to comfort and sometimes even pain. When I wear a "supportive" brief or athletic supporter under my garment bottom then I do not feel this need or desire. I just wonder if other men have had the same experience. Perhaps I'm unique?

post #102

KRP5:

as wing pointed out men have been in this discussion and i don't think it's inappropriate here. but ppl have responded. my take would be to ask what was said about women and support? "changes" (ie wearing the bra under the garment) can be made for support purposes. that is easily extended to if a man needs something for special occasions or all the time support he is fine to do that. the counsel given to women is to pray about it and if you feel comfortable with accounting for your decision to god then you are fine. as was pointed out by some there are several "new" styles and options with garments out than there were yrs ago so i would suggest searching those and trying all your options there before giving up and going to an outside source. seems last time i ordered my husband's garments i noticed one that was suggested for sporting activities for more support. but that's about all i can say on it as i've never had that issue. lol

as for how to start topics, on the banner at the top of the page there are a lot of options. one says "forum". if you click on that it will show you all the different forums. you pick one and from there you can start new topics.