Responsibility and Insomnia

thebee62

I am going on 3 years as our ward Relief Society president. I'm sure I was called because Heavenly Father knew I needed it more than the ward needed me! I have been blessed beyond measure and am so un-deserving. However I have never felt such responsibility for others. I cannot sleep often because it is like worrying about teenagers getting home safe! You worry about an entire ward of people as if they were your own children. Tonight is one of those nights. Satan is determined to destroy lives at any cost and he is playing havoc on many of our ward! Because there is very little I can do... but pray; I feel helpless. And that makes the insomnia worse. If you have been a RS president, please tell me...

How did you pray, do what you could and then let it go? All advice is welcome. And maybe a little SleepMD as well! :(

I have never been a RSP but have relied on her to keep me on top of what is going on. I hope you have PPI’s with your Bishop each week and that you advise him of what’s going on. He can instruct you and the priesthood leaders on what needs to be done. If you have any ideas, promptings, thoughts, inspiration, etc. share them with the Bishop. Bishops rely on leaders and councilors to assist him in his work. Once you have shared your knowledge and concerns with the bishop, it’s time to leave it alone and move on. You need to be ready for the next sister or family that needs your sensitivity and you need to take care of your own family. If you can’t pass it on and leave it alone, ask the bishop for a blessing so you can have an open mind and an unburdened heart.

Thanks. I talk to my Bishop every week and he is incredible. However he loses alot of sleep just like me. But your words really struck a chord with me... I will not be able to take care of my own family if I do not put many things in the hands of my Heavenly Father. After a great deal of prayer last night I finally put myself to rest at about 2:30. Today is a new day. I will perform my stewardship to the best of my ability and then let God take over.

Thanks again for your support and advice.

Arrivaderci!