Anyone else miss 2D animated films?

yenni

I saw Princess and the Frog today. It reminded me just how much I miss good ole 2D animated movies. I do enjoy the 3D cartoons, but old fashioned hand-drawn has a magical charm about them I love so much. I don't care who, but someone needs to start making more of them, pronto! I hope Princess and the Frog was successful enough to show we'd like more 'em!

I saw Princess and the Frog today. It reminded me just how much I miss good ole 2D animated movies. I do enjoy the 3D cartoons, but old fashioned hand-drawn has a magical charm about them I love so much. I don't care who, but someone needs to start making more of them, pronto! I hope Princess and the Frog was successful enough to show we'd like more 'em!

Not all 2D is hand drawn. But I agree, not every cartoon needs to be 3D.

Awh. That looked cute. A apart of me wanted to see it but my better-half isn't too interested in those kinds of movies. But I grew up on the old hand-drawn Disney films and absolutely loved those. This one's Disney, is it not?

I actually believe the old cartoons were better, story wise, because it took so much time and effort to make them they had make sure they were good. Now they can make stinkers like over the hedge, bee movie and barnyard in no time.