Ugh! I'm unlucky! My glass table exploded.

BrotherBear

You'll never believe this. I live outside of Pasadena and last night while sleeping I heard a loud shatter. I thought someone had busted my window! I ran in there real quick with my mace and my glass table in the space room was shattered everywhere. It looked like it exploded! So, I flip the light on to clean it up and there's a bullet laying on the floor kind of embedded in it. I look around and don't see any holes. Look at the ceiling, yep, a hole and drywall cracked around it.

Evidently what happened, best I can tell, is after Alabama won some football game or something someone (I thought it was fireworks) was shooting up in the AIR! The police came and took all the details (they weren't too happy about the newspapers in the other room, ugh). I doubt they'll find the person but why would ANYONE shoot up in the AIR?

http://www.lds.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=344&d=1262978105

http://www.lds.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=345&d=1262978159

Holy cow!!!! Thank goodness no one was on the room at the time. You might not be as unlucky as you think.

I totally agrew ith this statement just be glad its only a table you lost! a bullet comming into your house is very unlucky but not being hit by it is more than good fortune!

I thought Mythbusters busted that one. They claimed that a bullet falling at terminal velocity would only sink into the ground a couple inches. Of course, shooting up at an angle might produce more energy on impact because it technically would still be driven by the gunpowder, but still that would be an unusual thing for a falling bullet to go through a roof and ceiling with enough force to do much damage. I would call it a lucky(?) fluke. Or I would check to see if someone could have shot down through the roof from above.