Preaching with the Missionaries...

jonathan909817

A few months back, in October '09 i believe, a friend and i went out to spread the gospel around our community. I am a new member to the church, and figured going around with them will help me prepare for my own mission when i turn old enough. Needless to say we got a ton of doors slammed in our faces. I started to get discouraged, but Elder McFarlane reassured me. When i was about to give up, we met a man who had just gotten home from work, and talked with him for a while. It turns out that he was actually interested in what we had to say. I had brought along an extra BoM just in case someone wanted one, which he gladly accepted. This experience strengthened my Testimony because i see how hard these missionaries work to save everyones souls, and i felt happy to help. So i wanted to tell all of you to volunteer yourself to go around with the missionaries and learn from them, you will enjoy it :D

• 2 months later...

I know exactly how you feel, I go out and help the sister here nearly every day. Being a convert, it's always exciting for me to help the missionaries share what they shared with me! I absolutely LOVE it!! I agree with you that your testimony does indeed grow. :) I'm also preparing for a mission and the sisters who have come through have taught me unreal amounts about everything: MTC, clothing, how to handle crazzy situations, homesickness, OTMing, preparing for a mission, you name it - we've probably talked about it! Oh man, I LOVE MISSIONARIES!!