NY Jets at San Diego 4:40 ET

I edited to add the times.

Should be a good weekend of football

Edited by pam

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this time I'll go out on a limb and predict the winners before the games are played. How long is the "edit" option available?

I'll take the Saints, Colts, Cowboys and Chargers. I'd like to actually take the Jets, but there's no way I'm gonna do that in Pam's thread.....bad kharma......lol.

I'd actually prefer for the Chargers to win anyway. I had a strong western upbringing. My father taught me not to lie, cheat, steal and, under no circumstances whatsoever, don't ever root for any team from New York!! When the Yankees played the Mets in the World Series, I figured the best possible outcome was for the team buses to wreck in the parking lot, injuring enough players to cancel the World Series. Otherwise, one of those teams would have to win. Anyway, I digress.

i will make predictions.....

cards at saints....cards

the saints cant stop anyone and the cards can outscore them...take the over

cowboys at the vikings....vikings ( cant pick the the boys)

Brett Favre can beat the cowboys defense

B'more at indy....Indy

Flacco hurt and Peyton rested

Jets at Chargers....Jets (sorry Pam ....dont ban me pls!)

Jets is a tougher team and just aint skeerred...plus Norv is a bad coach!

(pls dont ban me, Pam!)

Guest Godless

The Colts make me nervous, but I think we can handle them, even with Flacco at less than 100%. He wasn't much of a factor in our beat-down of the Pats, and I think our defense and running game can give us another win. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more of a spark from our passing game, but I think we can beat the Colts without it.

Oh, and speaking of picks, look who's leading our SL Tribune group!!! :cool:

Edited by Godless

The Colts make me nervous, but I think we can handle them, even with Flacco at less than 100%. He wasn't much of a factor in our beat-down of the Pats, and I think our defense and running game can give us another win. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more of a spark from our passing game, but I think we can beat the Colts without it.

I will be rooting for the ravens but i dont think without a good passing game they will be able to overcome the colts. maybe flacco will play himself into the record books but last game he threw for like 34 yards on 10 attempts and without the turnovers that doesnt get it done.

Thought you didn't care anymore? :P

Guest Godless

Thought you didn't care anymore? :P

I care, just not a whole lot. My main concern now is seeing the Ravens get to the Super Bowl, but I'm doing well enough in the picks game that I figured I'd keep playing. Besides, I'm not a quitter like some people. :P

As much as I'd like to see the Chargers go all the way to the big game...I have to be realistic in knowing anything can happen. I just don't want to get my hopes up too much.

I have a lot of respect for the Jets defense. So of course I'm still worried about this upcoming game. But right now ESPN is showing the sports betting has the Chargers up by 9.

QUOTE]

Uhh....his record against them says quite otherwise. Nobody's playing any better than the Cowboys right now. Vikings stumbled, tripped and fell across the finish line. I still like the Cowboys in an upset. I guess we'll see.

QUOTE]

Uhh....his record against them says quite otherwise. Nobody's playing any better than the Cowboys right now. Vikings stumbled, tripped and fell across the finish line. I still like the Cowboys in an upset. I guess we'll see.

you dont understand...if the cowboys were playing teh j.v. powderpuff team i cant pick the cowboys to beat the bus home.

it will come down to the pass rush for both sides...whoever gets to the QB better wins.

you dont understand...if the cowboys were playing teh j.v. powderpuff team i cant pick the cowboys to beat the bus home.

it will come down to the pass rush for both sides...whoever gets to the QB better wins.

LOL....Ok. I guess we both need therapy for our vindictiveness (see my previous post about New York teams). You don't have to like them........just because they have FIVE Superbowl rings!!.....:D Ok, so I'm a Cowboys fan and I'm obligated to pick them....no matter what. I still feel pretty good about it. It's probably just the false sense of security followed by disappointing loss. I do think that the Vikings are the biggest hurdle left for them. They've shown they can dominate New Orleans. Of course the Cardinals are playing awfully well of late.

Oh well, I guess we'll see.

I think at this point, it's anyone's game.

I think you are correct. It wouldn't surprise me really to see any of the remaining teams make it all the way. Especially with the teams that were so dominant (Minnesota, New Orleans, Indy), stumbling down the stretch the way they did. Can they turn it back on? We'll see. I like the way the Cowboys are playing.....if they could just cut their penalties like in half and not give the other team 150 yards/game.