Anyone Know A Good Recipe For Fish?

Melissa569

I was told by the doc that for health sake, I should try to replace beef, pork, etc. with fish/seafood as much as possible. So I went and bought all these bass fillets at the seafood market. I'm a good cook, but I admit, I haven't been working much with fish over the years.

Anyone have good fish recipes? Or tips to make the fillets turn out their best?

Honestly I'm just happy using some lemon pepper and grilling them. But also having some lemon wedges on the side to sprinkle the juice over. But I'm pretty simple so I'm sure others have much better recipes than that.

My recipe for fish...works with any kind.

Step One : heat grill (George Foreman type)

Step Two: Place fish on grill.

Step Three: Coat fish with butter, sprinkle liberally with salt 'n pepper

Step Four: Cook til medium

Step Five: cover with sauteed mushrooms and onions.

***NOTE*** works best if you substitute a large ribeye steak for the fish

• 1 month later...

I was at the store this weekend and they had a taste table of fried polluck fish. It was really good! The woman told me that she thawed the frozen fish, then let it soak in a mixture of 1/2 water and 1/2 vermouth, for about 15 minutes. Then she coated it with Andy's Fish Seasoning and Breading, Red, and fried it in an electric skillet.

It may be a bit spicy for some, so I'm sure it comes in a milder version. Personally, I liked it so much that I bought both the Andy's and the polluck!

Enjoy!

Guest Godless

I prefer pan-fried fish over grilled, mainly because I don't own a grill. I normally let some minced garlic and onion simmer in a mixture of lemon juice and butter. Then I sprinkle some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little bit of Lawry's seasoned salt on the filet and cook it. This recipe will probably work on most types of fish, though I'm partial to Mahi.

Baked fish is can be good as well. The restaurant I used to work at had a really good baked Mahi recipe. You season the filet with a seasoning of your choice (we used cajun blackening seasoning), drizzle some clarified butter on it, then coat it with a mixture of panko bread crumbs (finely ground in a blender or food processor) and crushed macedamia nuts. Then you just bake it until it's white in the center or until the breading is golden brown, whichever comes first. If you have a small thermometer, you can use it to check the temp of the fish. You want it to be at least 165 degrees in the center. This applies to all cooking methods. If the breading browns before the fish is thoroughly cooked, use a microwave to finish cooking it. We used a tropical chutney on the baked Mahi, but I don't recall the recipe for it. You can probably find some good recipes online for that if you want to add some flavor.

Edited by Godless

When I bake filets, I used simply a litt bit of butter rubbed over the top (and just enough in the glass dish to keep them from sticking), sprinkle with lemmon pepper, and perhas a little bit of general seasoning salt. Simple as that.

Bass also does good breaded in flour with some seasoning salt mixed in, and fried in light oil.