Sushi!!

nbblood

Speaking of "tastes of cultures".....I just realized I am REALLY jonesing for some SUSHI!! RIGHT NOW!! I NEED IT!!

Anybody want to go? Anybody know the best sushi place in the KC area?

A few things regarding sushi:

1. I will NOT eat it with friends or associates present. It is embarassing. My love for sushi creates in me an INHUMAN desire to consume all that is present. I cannot resist. If I am sharing sushi with people (and this RARELY happens), and there is a piece left on the plate, I will NOT offer it to anyone. I have to eat it. I have no choice. Agency flies out the window in the face of the beauty of sushi.

2. If any of you wish to visit Vegas, I will show you where the best sushi restaurants are in the world (outside of Japan itself), and you may feel free to purchase as much of it as possible for my well being. I will love you forever.

I went for sushi a few months ago to a new place. The plate was so pretty that I had to take a pic and post it on my facebook page. When I get home, I'll see if I can post it here.

I'm seriously considering a trip to Vegas sometime this year....if I go I want to know the best sushi in town, TOA. And I'll blame you if it doesn't live up to my expectations! LOL

I'm seriously considering a trip to Vegas sometime this year....if I go I want to know the best sushi in town, TOA. And I'll blame you if it doesn't live up to my expectations! LOL

Welcome, welcome.....and I will take full responsibility if it doesn't live up to your every standard and expectation. You willing to spend good money? :D

I will admit..I have never had sushi. There is just something about eating raw fish that turns me off. I wish I was as adventurous as some of the rest of you.

You know it is a major misconception that all sushi is raw fish. Much of it is cooked. Sushi refers to the rice preparation with which the fish is served. If it is just fish, without the rice, then it is Sashimi. Just off the top of my head, the shrimp, lobster, eel, some egg.....are cooked.....oh and some of the salmon is smoked.

Anyway, there are plenty of Sushi options that aren't "raw fish". Of course some of the very best ones are!

You know it is a major misconception that all sushi is raw fish. Much of it is cooked. Sushi refers to the rice preparation with which the fish is served. If it is just fish, without the rice, then it is Sashimi. Just off the top of my head, the shrimp, lobster, eel, some egg.....are cooked.....oh and some of the salmon is smoked.

Anyway, there are plenty of Sushi options that aren't "raw fish". Of course some of the very best ones are!

Then that doesn't sound too bad and I'd be willing to try it. Actually I do remember trying one once. A coworker made some..with the rice and tuna and a dab of wasabi. It was pretty good. So maybe it's just the sashimi I would have a problem with.

In Vegas try Brian's Beach. Fort Apache and Flamingo, I believe. South/West corner. They have all you can eat sushi for $27.00. Not the most expensive but very good for the price. I go there every time I am in Vegas, after living in Vegas for 8 years.

Ben Raines

That's crazy that you say that. I was just having a conversation with a person I know at a meeting last night, and he suggested I go there as well. He said they have a great selection. I live very close to there.