Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues

bytor2112

I know this is bad, but I just can't stop laughing...Post Avatar Depression....priceless.

Seriously though, I was a little sad that there wasn't some real Pandora floating about so that I could become a blue person that's 10 ft tall. It was similar to my sadness when I realized I'd finish a good read and there was no sequel to the book. They must have one terribly mundane life to want to become suicidal over it.

(I'm one sick person, I just keep chuckling....imagining someone in a counselors chair talking about missing the world of pandora...Oh gosh I'm now definitely sure therapy is not my calling)

With luv,

BD

Edited by bluedreams

thats just stupid. I have a history of depression, I saw the movie, I loved. Plan to buy it. It left me with happy thoughts. A dream I could take away, and remeber fondly. anyone who has blames their issues on a film is seriously deluded, and has biger issues than depression. like delusioons and denile

edited to add:

okay maby that was a little harsh, dont mean to offend anybody, just my knee-jerk reaction there.

Edited by lydlou

Yes we can all get wrapped up in fantasy world for a while but it is nice also return back to the real world. After all this is the only place in which true miracles can happen. I find it amusing why we get so caught up in the virtual world of some one else's imagine and star worship that we forget that our own life can be a real amazing place, if we want it to be so and if we put forward the effort. So I am not surprised in the least to find people getting hung up on vapors and silly things.

My twenty four year old son, has had the Avatar blues, long before the movie came out. Seems that he is really upset that James Cameron locked up the name "Avatar" so another movie, (Avatar) the Last Airbender could not use it. So he had forbiden me to see Cameron's film.

I don't let my son dictate what films I see, but gave in, because in the last James Cameron film I saw, I was hoping for the boat to sink and put an end to my misery.

Oh dear I must be the only one in the world...but let's put it nicely and say I probably won't ever watch Avatar again!

Lol...makes you feel better I felt the same way with titanic. I was trying really hard not to snicker at the girl saying "Jack...Jack" over and over again as you watched him sink into the deep. I kept thinking that's not what I would be doing if there was a corpsicle stuck to my floatation device, short-term love affair aside. Moron should have found his own piece of floating trash to sit on anyway's.

With luv,

BD

Lol...makes you feel better I felt the same way with titanic. I was trying really hard not to snicker at the girl saying "Jack...Jack" over and over again as you watched him sink into the deep. I kept thinking that's not what I would be doing if there was a corpsicle stuck to my floatation device, short-term love affair aside. Moron should have found his own piece of floating trash to sit on anyway's.

With luv,

BD

That deserves a laugh and a thanks. I enjoyed Titanic, but that ending ruined the whole thing. Okay, so, tragic love story -- he dies. I get that, but did it have so so cheesy? "Come back! Come back!" And yeah, he could have/should have found his own piece of debris, and then maybe still died anyway.

I've spoken to some folks who lost some testimony oomph after watching that wonderful Robin Williams show What Dreams May Come, because there are some differences between that afterlife and what we Mormons believe.

Some folks struggle at separating beautiful but fake sensory experience, and reality.

LM

Wow. I watched that movie and loved it. The idea that people would know each other after death and in fact try to save each other lines up great with the Restored church.

With luv,

BD

:roflmbo::roflmbo:

That deserves a laugh and a thanks. I enjoyed Titanic, but that ending ruined the whole thing. Okay, so, tragic love story -- he dies. I get that, but did it have so so cheesy? "Come back! Come back!" And yeah, he could have/should have found his own piece of debris, and then maybe still died anyway.

I heard there were plans to make a sequel, and that Jack was actually alive. So glad they didn't do that, what a way to ruin the longest drawn out movie ever made (just in my insignificant opinion). I have to admit I did watch Titanic a second time...although I started it at 2hours into the movie. BUT the movie was cleverly done and I say hats off to the creator!

Wow. I watched that movie and loved it. The idea that people would know each other after death and in fact try to save each other lines up great with the Restored church.

I loved that movie too. But the idea that there's no Heavenly Father to be found anywhere, that all suicides go to hell case closed, and that a strong emotional bond is all that's required to save someone else from hell - well, those don't fit so well.

LM