Do LDS ever talk about sex?

Gatsby

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I keep glancing down at the open forum expecting to see a topic on the "joys of sex" to pop up.... :P I'd start one myself just so there is one, but... I don't have a sex life right now, lol.

Although... I guess one of the "joys" of sex would be children right? In that case, I've got quite a bit of "joy" with my two-year-old. :D

Now I keep glancing down at the open forum expecting to see a topic on the "joys of sex" to pop up.... :P I'd start one myself just so there is one, but... I don't have a sex life right now, lol.

Although... I guess one of the "joys" of sex would be children right? In that case, I've got quite a bit of "joy" with my two-year-old. :D

I don't know how comfortable I'd be talking about a 2 year old in a "Joy of Sex" thread. I've seen to catch a predator, Chris Hansen with his "sit down" Jedi mind-trick. No thank you! :itwasntme:

I don't mean to disrespect anyone but I'm curious to know if singles, those who are over 18 and married members ever talk about sex? Or do those kind of topics offend some of you? Do they offend the spirt?

Can't say for the single folks but for the married ones...taking into consideration the amount of children Mormon couples have as average, I would say they do more than just talking about sex...:D

• 2 months later...
Guest Anonymity

And please talk about it! haha WE have a BIG problem in the church where SEX (yes I'll use the word in its full power and authority) is looked at as bad because its sacred and some keep it "secret." Spare me. Because we don't talk about it we have girls that lock themselves in the bathroom on their wedding night because they can't consummate the marriage and we have kids becoming sexually promiscuous because mommy and daddy were too embarrassed to talk about it. I wish people just would talk about it more. Sure, you have to be more careful. But I love it when someone who really wants to know something, asks. It makes my day. One more for truth! Things kept in the dark are often seen as bad, and its not. Its wonderful and a gift from God. Let us all see it that way. It can be used for bad, but lets just pray it isn't.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Well I will say that sex is wonderful, beautiful, sacred, amazing, meaningful (in marriage)! :) Funny this is in the single adult forum. To all you single adults wait to have sex until marriage ;)

Edited by Pegasus_
Guest Anonymity

True this is the single adult forum. haha But I think that talking about it at least a little will help people not be so naive come to their wedding night and beyond. And I DEFINITELY want to know what my future wife expects from it BEFORE I get married.

• 1 month later...
Hidden

I used to talk about it at one time. Having been divorced now for over 10 years...my question is now...what is sex?

That's my question too...and I'm married. It's okay, though. As I get older, I find myself getting more satisfaction from spiritual endeavors and less from physical endeavors.
  • 4 weeks later...

As a 20-something student at BYU Idaho, I must say yes. Yes, we do. My roommates, neighbors, etc. often talk very frankly about it, even the Molly-Mormon types. It's something we all look forward to on our wedding night, it's a source of anxiety, and it has the potential to really damage ourselves and our loved ones if used incorrectly.

Sometimes we even get the giggles at some less-than-spiritual music lyrics. Especially the ones sung by Ke$ha.

We can't do that because of the age groups. You can be as young as 14 to join this site. But we certainly don't want 14 year olds reading some of the adut content regarding sex etc.

As a 20-something student at BYU Idaho, I must say yes. Yes, we do. My roommates, neighbors, etc. often talk very frankly about it, even the Molly-Mormon types. It's something we all look forward to on our wedding night, it's a source of anxiety, and it has the potential to really damage ourselves and our loved ones if used incorrectly.

This is so true. My roommates and I talk very openly about sex. More so then I think we should actually. I've one roommate who has said a few times "I'm really horny.It's a good thing i'm at BYU-Idaho!" Which annoys me a lot. Because I don't want to know how shes feeling. It's awkward.

One of my roommates has trouble using tampons because she thinks shes 'too small' or something like that and has talked to me about how shes worried on her wedding night she'll call her mom crying.

I have another friend who is here and is pregnant out of marriage. She's due mid April and is giving the baby up for adoption. When sex comes up she's quite mature about it and very counseling and helpful.

I talk about sex more at BYU-Idaho then I EVER did living at home with non member friends. Whose values are very obviously lower then most LDS would like.

Sex in my family is very, very open. I feel comfortable asking my parents anything and everything. And, I often did. We'd discuss sex at the dinner table. It wasn't a "Pull kid aside. Half hour talk. Never again." thing. My 12 year old sister probably's heard much more then most her age. It's all in appropriate context (well. my mom/dad will tell a 'thats what she said' joke every once in a while.) I love my parents for this however it wasn't really all them. As a pre-teen I never talked to them much. I never got the talk ect. But, when I started asking questions and my parents realized I was really open about sex they started to be more open as well.

The only time my parents and I would have very serious, sit down conversions about sex was when they were concerned about my actions and wanted me on birth control. Which, was appropriate to have a serious, sit down convo about. Otherwise it was a "Hey mom. Whats an orgasm?" "thats ect."

A close family friend who is also LDS would spend lots of time at my house. And, the first time she witnessed this openess she later talked to me about it and was amazed. "My parents don't even talk to me about dating." Ect. So yeah. I'm thankful for my parents.

In HS my friends would sometimes ask me things, and I'd go ask my parents and then report to them. My parents were amused by it all but I'm sure my friends parents were thankful that at least they weren't googling.

Edited by lizzy16

Haha, I've had a roommate say and I quote: "A cartoon character can't get you pregnant." I kind of wish that my parents were more open about sex, outside the context of pre-matital, scandal and sexual abuse. We're kind of obsessed with current events and criminal law =/

One of my roommates has trouble using tampons because she thinks shes 'too small' or something like that and has talked to me about how shes worried on her wedding night she'll call her mom crying.

You should recommend that she see her gynecologist and ask about a dilator. If she doesn't want to begin now, she can at least get educated so she can make a decision when she feels like she's approaching marriage. She should tell her gynecologist she's worried about vaginismus. There are also website she can visit to learn about it, but I would caution her against trying to self-diagnose. She should consult a physician first.

You should recommend that she see her gynecologist and ask about a dilator. If she doesn't want to begin now, she can at least get educated so she can make a decision when she feels like she's approaching marriage. She should tell her gynecologist she's worried about vaginismus. There are also website she can visit to learn about it, but I would caution her against trying to self-diagnose. She should consult a physician first.

Or she is inserting the tampons incorrectly. It is very painful if they are not in correctly.

Or she is inserting the tampons incorrectly. It is very painful if they are not in correctly.

Yeah, I've told her this :)