Our Government in action

bytor2112

A while back I received a letter from the IRS stating that they had received money from me for 2006 taxes....but had not received my 2006 tax return. I called the IRS and after sitting on hold for 45 minutes I spoke to an official representative and explained that I had e-filed and mailed the taxes due and had received a confirmation e-mail that my returns had been accepted, but that I would resubmit. She began to explain that I would likely have to pay a fine for failure to file????? I told her that I would send the e-mail confirming that I did indeed file on time and furthermore paid the taxes due.

Dutifully, I resubmitted my return along with the e-mail and the letter that I had received from the IRS. Over the next several months I have continued to receive more letters stating that I have not filed and that if the matter is not resolved by 12/2009, I would forfeit the money that the IRS had received from me for my 2006 taxes. Are you flippin kidding me? ( this is several thousand dollars....as in five figures??!!)

I have repeatedly called and complied and resubmitted and still the issue is not resolved. Now I ask you....do you seriously trust the government to fix health care?:eek::eek:

Edited by bytor2112

Look at it this way-- all the money you have forfeited to the government because of their screwup will go toward paying interest on the money they borrowed to keep operating because they had to pay someone to hound you for money you didn't owe. And if there is any left over then it will go toward paying Nebraska's share of Medicare.

A while back I received a letter from the IRS stating that they had received money from me for 2006 taxes....but had not received my 2006 tax return. I called the IRS and after sitting on hold for 45 minutes I spoke to an official representative and explained that I had e-filed and mailed the taxes due and had received a confirmation e-mail that my returns had been accepted, but that I would resubmit. She began to explain that I would likely have to pay a fine for failure to file????? I told her that I would send the e-mail confirming that I did indeed file on time and furthermore paid the taxes due.

Dutifully, I resubmitted my return along with the e-mail and the letter that I had received from the IRS. Over the next several months I have continued to receive more letters stating that I have not filed and that if the matter is not resolved by 12/2009, I would forfeit the money that the IRS had received from me for my 2006 taxes. Are you flippin kidding me? ( this is several thousand dollars....as in five figures??!!)

I have repeatedly called and complied and resubmitted and still the issue is not resolved. Now I ask you....do you seriously trust the government to fix health care?:eek::eek:

I want to say something very funny..............but I can't.

My friend, it's well past time for you to get a tax attorney involved.

Very true. But for all of my railing against our government, I still had faith that they would do the right thing and that things could be resolved easily. :coocoo:

Plus.....I don't want to anger them.....don't need to be on there annual visit list!!:eek:

I trust the government to be able to goof-up anything that they put their mind to. And not just goof it up, but goof it up worse than anyone else can. They are the best at what they do.

:)

You should call the local newspaper and see if they want to make a story out of your plight, especially with tax season swiftly approaching. Maybe a little light shined on the IRS will help things out. GL!

I would rather pretend that they are my friend....so they don't continue there interest in me.

Yeah, what this country needs is more government control over the lives of its citizens. And their money. I wonder, do they plan on having a two-tier economic system, where the peasants will be paid in dollars, but the most-favored people will be paid in 'certificate dollars', which would be the real money? And then they can open stores with the 'good stuff' in them but you can only use 'certificate dollars' to shop in them?

Surely its obamas fault; isnt that right?:)

I feel for you Bytor. I have had similar run arounds and non-crediting of payments from my doctors office and the Salt Lake City traffic ticket people. On the telephone they say it is taken care of, but then they fail to type the correct information into the computer and hit enter.

I had an incident a couple years ago where I had filed under the incorrect status. I called the Maine Revenue Service, and started going through the hoops to fix the problem. In the mean time, I kept getting nasty letters in the mail that they'd put a lien on my house and confiscate this and that. I gave them another call and the woman said, no joke, "Just ignore those, but I'll send a note to someone to hold those notices."

Turns out they were working with more than one database, and they weren't integrated. So nothing that the woman was doing with me was showing up in the database that tracks who gets mailings. I hope you get it worked out.

Does anyone else see how the IRS is a purely criminal organization? They seize property illegally, the filing of a return is a violation of the 5th amendment protection against self incrimination and there is actually no real law that says that paying the income tax is mandatory. It truly is nothing but organized thuggery. America:Freedom to Fascism is a great film about the IRS. Good luck dealing with the bullies.