Worst job ever and I quit!

BrotherBear

As many of you know I'm a student, and like all students, I tend to be broke. Well, I decided to get a part time job in janitorial services. I've been doing it now for three days, and on the third day (or should I say turd day) I think I've had enough. One of my responsibilities is cleaning the mens restroom (empty obviously). I have no issues doing it EXCEPT for the events today. Honestly, I like cleaning, makes me feel good.

I walk in after hours with my cleaning gear, mop included. What I found appalled me. I was immediately assaulted by the stench of feces. I open the stall to find fecal art. Hand prints and crude finger-paint drawings made using fecal matter are all over the stall. The toilet itself looks like an explosion happened. There are smear marks on the walls, perfect hand-prints, and even a scribbled "Hello".

Lets just say I'm looking for a new job and I feel for the person who has to clean it. I have my limits and this one reached it pretty fast. I can't imagine why someone would even do this. I think I'll just be a bagger or a check-out clerk!

Note - I think my avatar is still wrong :(

I walk in after hours with my cleaning gear, mop included. What I found appalled me. I was immediately assaulted by the stench of feces. I open the stall to find fecal art. Hand prints and crude finger-paint drawings made using fecal matter are all over the stall. The toilet itself looks like an explosion happened. There are smear marks on the walls, perfect hand-prints, and even a scribbled "Hello".

Sounds like the restrooms in Vegas. Yeeuck!

In my many years of working and managing convenience stores/gas stations I had this happen quite a few times. I never understood it..and unfortunately I had to clean it up. It was part of the job no matter how disgusting it was.

While I have never had to do anything with that particular case (BYUI has a signigficantly lesser version of nasty, and the restaurants I've worked were okay), I have heard of pretty nifty solutions. There is a chemical the school uses called consume which is supposed to break that stuff down on a molecular level. If it has gotten to that level, I don't see a problem with loading it up with consume and letting it run into the floor drain. After that stuff has been through, its at least clean enough to simply wipe down and sanitize. Still nasty though. I feel for ya. For anyone interested in the worst thing I can think of in my life along these lines, my brother used to wet the play-doh when we were using it. I always wondered why it kept getting thinner and more moist. :P:P:P

Edited by ozzy

Sad thing is you would think someone old enough to spell with it would be old enough to know better then to play with it

HAHAHA! :) That cracks me up! But so true.

OP-- Some people just have no class at all, I swear. But I know how you feel. My first job was working at a pizza place. In the men's bathroom there, we had a thing that was refered to as "the booger wall". Basically a wall in the last stall of the men's bathroom that somehow daily ended up with "greenies" wiped all over it by the dozens (had to be a worker in my opinion, because we didn't have any customers who were that regular. Ick!). If you were caught standing around talking, or not really busy working, they would make you clean that wall.

Luckily I never had to, but I saw the wall once when another worker had to clean it, and I heard other people's gross accounts of it. Needles to say, I quit that job too! :)

As many of you know I'm a student, and like all students, I tend to be broke. Well, I decided to get a part time job in janitorial services. I've been doing it now for three days, and on the third day (or should I say turd day) I think I've had enough. One of my responsibilities is cleaning the mens restroom (empty obviously). I have no issues doing it EXCEPT for the events today. Honestly, I like cleaning, makes me feel good......

:(

Im sorry BBear. I found the men's room to be spotless and fearful for your job security I thought I'd help by messing it up a touch so you'd be able to justify your hours. I was only trying to help. ^_^