Going bald?

BrotherBear

This one is pretty concerning and it all started two weeks ago and has gotten worse. When I would brush my hair I'd notice the brush got a little full faster than normal. I didn't think much of it but my girlfriend pointed out to me that on the crown of my head I'm looking a little thin. Well it's gotten worse, and worse. I know stress can cause hair loss but I'm not worried or stressed. The ONLY thing I've done differently is about three weeks ago I put some flea killer on my four cats. Wonder if that's it, they like to sleep in the bed with me and one actually sleeps on my head sometimes. :o

better see a doctor....in the meantime, might want to get some rogaine....

my father was balding severely at a young age (he died when i was 5...not from balding) and even as a kid i told myself that if i started losing my hair, i'd just shave it........might not work for you.

i do find bald women attractive.........hence, the name.

It could be stress or hormonal issues. I suppose it could be from something toxic in the environment but there are so many women that have this from time to time that I tend to think hormones first. I would look at stress or emotional trauma or even diet. Sometimes we don't know how our stress effects us. I would think supplements might help.

I think you ought to thank the L-rd for the blessing of doing away with unnecessary hair and the wasted time taking care of it. The truly wise realize baldness is a blessing. And it may surprise you but some very classy ladies prefer it (my wife being among them).

The Traveler

I think you ought to thank the L-rd for the blessing of doing away with unnecessary hair and the wasted time taking care of it. The truly wise realize baldness is a blessing. And it may surprise you but some very classy ladies prefer it (my wife being among them).

The Traveler

I'm thinking though that the classy lady in question doesn't like her own baldness. :P

The Traveler

All I can say is what? I guess I am neither truly wise or classy because it is something that bothers me horribly. Mine has gotten so thin in one area that I have to wear my hair in one particular style just to cover it up. I can't use barrettes or anything else to accessorize because it's so darn thin.

I know so many women who are going through the same thing and I have never heard one of them say they are blessed and prefer it. Most are embarrassed by it.

definatly see a doctor, and let us know what he says, (please) i'm praying for you that its not a sign of something serious. in the meantioem, dont stress about it, and avoid harsh or unnessasary hair products. (I'd say anthing other than shampoo and conditoner you can probaly do without)

I think the OP is a male, considering that they said that their girlfriend mentioned them losing hair. I would say, go to a doctor and see if there is anything causing it, use some rogaine, and get some sun on the top of your head.

My brother went bald on his mission. He started shaving it because his mission president shaved his head. The mission president at one point asked him to not shave it, so my brother stopped, when the mission president saw him next he told him to shave it off, because he had so little hair that it looked bad with the hair there. Poor guy, before he started losing it he had a nice head of hair.

Checked the profile for Brother Bear and right you are Pam. Brother Bear my apologies, there are so many people around this forum that have female looking pics but are men (Vort, Snow) that I get confused.

My advice still stands though, see a dr, use rogaine, and get some sun. Hope things work out for you!

Went to the emergency room last night and just got back. Prayers please. At least I've found out why I'm starting to lose some of my hair and I wish it were flea dip or genetics that were the culprit. It's never fun to face your own mortality.

Right now I'm kind of an emotional zombie.

Turn to God :) And know that you are loved no matter what happens

It's never fun to face your mortality true, but you have eternal life <3

Wishing you all the best big kisses cuddles and cheer up hugs

Kiley xxx

Well from what I read and heard about growths on the pituitary gland, is that they are hardly ever cancerous and don't spread to other parts of the body. If the growth enlarges, they usually will have to surgically remove it..but overall it's not a life threatening thing. So I don't think you need have any fears of facing your mortality.

Make sure your insurance covers a PET scan. Because of the cost of them, some insurance plans will only cover for specific reasons. The insurance company I worked for required a preauthorization prior to having it done.

Plus abnormal blood work doesn't sound surprising to me. If you are having hormonal imbalances would seem to me that could influence some of the blood test results.

Edited by pam

It is a tough thing to have to face, but the good news is that you're aware of it. Don't forget to get a hold of your body's designer. Chances are he knows a thing or to that could help alongside the doctor's advice.

Also, a priesthood blessing is always a good idea when facing these issues.

Our hearts and prayers are with you.