Inexpensive Dates?

I don't know where you live, lol????

visit mountains, ocean, lakes, parks, museums, concerts, watch for the free ones.. Go to church activities, firesides, a drive, picnic, hiking, hike up a mountain and eat lunch on top of it. Go to a plantariam, or aquarium, I mean a large one. walk around the temple, if one is close. Christmas is coming, drive around looking at all the lights and decorations, go window shopping or caroling. Use your imagination....

Do things people wouldn't normally think of. Go chalk someone late at night! That's always fun. If you live in Utah, they have those fountains down at the gateway that you can play a very fun game of frisbee over. (Probably a summer choice there) Ice skating is one of my personal favorite date ideas all year round, and definitely is a good choice for someone you really like. Make dinner and eat it with a candlelight over an overpass that's another fun one. My sister got asked out and went snow shoeing once and said that was one of the funnest times she had on a date. Swing dancing or learning to swing dance together is a blast. Well there are just a few ideas, I think I could probably think of a few more if you needed any that I haven't brought up at the moment. Good luck! :D

Always keep an eye on the newspaper. You never know when there might be a guest lecture at the local university, a new exhibit at a museum, or something going on at the library. Just recently there was a travelling Shakespeare company passing through these parts. They put on Much Ado About Nothing at the university in the style of 1940s WWII America complete with music. It was brilliant and cheap.

If only somebody had picked me up, bought me a $5 sandwich and taken me there on a date. That would have been something special.

I guess the best advice I can give is this: know what your date would like, and make sure it's something classy, entertaining, and of some substance. Pretty faces age, but with a little luck mental capacity will outlive a pretty face.

Guest sugarbay

Originally posted by stellati@Nov 21 2005, 06:27 PM

Anyone have any ideas for inexpensive yet fun dates?

I went on a flyfishing date recently and ended up having a food fight. Childish? To be sure. But I got my hair combed for free by someone whoknew how to do it. We walked up the canyon and talked about everything under the sun, threw rocks on the river, stalked each other in the trees, and tried to imitate the birdcalls. We laughed most of the day. The only thing expensive was having to go buy dinner because of the food fight. So you might consider packing a lunch. Walks are always a good bet.

Originally posted by stellati@Nov 21 2005, 05:27 PM

Anyone have any ideas for inexpensive yet fun dates?

I think one of most fun dates I had was driving out to a remote area of the basin and climbing hills, rocks and hunting for indian hieroglyphics. We never had a problem finding something fun to do :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Always keep an eye on the newspaper. You never know when there might be a guest lecture at the local university, a new exhibit at a museum, or something going on at the library. Just recently there was a travelling Shakespeare company passing through these parts. They put on Much Ado About Nothing at the university in the style of 1940s WWII America complete with music. It was brilliant and cheap.

If only somebody had picked me up, bought me a $5 sandwich and taken me there on a date. That would have been something special.

I guess the best advice I can give is this: know what your date would like, and make sure it's something classy, entertaining, and of some substance. Pretty faces age, but with a little luck mental capacity will outlive a pretty face.

I agree with CharlieDesRosiers. I always prefer and inexpensive date. And they help you know the other person better!

Regards!

• 3 months later...

My field of expertise! Dating is a complex science. It can be broken down both emotionally and analytically. Here's a crash course. First off, never give flowers. I hate roses and how we as men are societally pressured to give them on a first date. They are plants! Flowers are a cop out. Ingenuity and creativity will trump flowers and chocolates anyday. I also am not a fan of generic "cookie cutter" dates. That is, dates that are common that every one else does. One, because that is what your girl will be expecting and she will already have a mental set of what's going to happen. Bowling, dinner and a movie, etc. are bad ideas. They are fun but they are bland. There is no ingenuity because we all go to the movies, most of us bowl, and we all eat three times a day. They key to a girl's heart is taking her on a date she will never forget. When she's with someone else who takes her on a generic date, she will compare it to you. To give her that interest you must be in control of every aspect of the date. Take her to do something she's never done before. Best thing is, it won't cost you much. If you're in control, she will be completely dependent on you and that breaks down a whole lot of barriers immediately. I'll be general because I don't know what talents you have, what you have at your disposal geographically, or what resources you have.

For me, I taught myself to ice skate. I took my wife here when I first met her because 1) Ice skating breaks the touch barrier in a comfortable way instantly. She had to hold my hand to keep from falling. 2) She never skated before so I had to teach her. We always had something to talk and laugh about and we never had that awkward silent moment. It cost me ten dollars and a tank of gas to give her a date she would never forget about. A date she compared other dates to. A baseline. That is what you want, but you must be in control. Another example... I have a motorcycle. Most girls don't know a thing about motorcycles. Take em' for a ride through the country on your way to a picnic! It gives you instant conversation, it instantly breaks the touch barrier in a comfortable way, and you are in control of everything, and most of all, it's fun!! I guarantee not many girls have ever been on a bike. They will use that as a baseline for comparison on a next date. That baseline is your key! It's what will keep them coming back for a second, third, and fourth date. A final example is repelling... An excellent first date! I leanred how to set up a rig. One, most girls think climbing down a cliff on a piece of rope is ridiculous. Second, you break the touch barrier. Third, you have a lasting conversational piece and never have those stupid awkward silent moments. Most girls have never repelled. If you have a good one that agrees to try it, she will never forget it. It will be "that date" that she will tell all her friends about. The golden date that will land you a second and third date because it establishes that baseline!

These are just examples. I highly recommend Mother Nature as a setting. She's beautiful. And best of all, she's free to use and theres plenty to choose from! Rent a jet ski, climb a mountain, go fishing, snowboard... Do something out of the ordinary and do it outdoors! Sharing your opinion on the latest hollywood drivel you just watched and listening to what crazy thing her friend Jennifer did to her hair over a plate of pasta at Olive Garden is all good and dandy, but what you want on a first date is excitement and barriers broken down. You want to give her that one date she will never forget. I'm a quiet guy. Dinner, bowling, movies, etc were hard for me. I always hit those awkward quiet moments because I never knew what to talk about. Family, school, and hobbies will only last you awhile, then they become dry topics. Anyway, I've rambled on too long! Good luck brother.

Play tourist. Check out what there is to see and plan around it.

Farmers markets followed by a picnic, lavender farms in full flower, pick your own fruit, watching hangliders, country hall farm dance; mini-golf and boardgames (the retro date rules/the other version is the dorky date where you try to outdo each other at dorky things, like roses that accidently drop from windscreen visors when you pull them down etc). I've also been opal mining, caving, target shooting, pseudo-hangliding (on a guide rope) ...whatever.

Date killers: being poorly dressed for the weather *don't you love surprise dates*; wrong shoes; the super-long date (is this a date or a kidnapping?); and the none of my friends would come date so I asked you (ever been to a caravan expo? with someone who is obsessive and gets into hour long conversations with complete strangers that bore you to a stupor). The going out on the motorbike date...is kind of creepy if you're not sure whether you're interested or not. Just thought I'd give you a heads-up on that one.

• 2 months later...
Guest GhostRider

Um...mine is just sitting in the park and talking. It gives you a chance not only to actually converse about nothing but you get to spend some time together on a beutiful day. most of the time we would walk and talk...actually had a girl call me when i was younger and wanted to know if i was up for a "Walkie Talkie" lol....good times

Another is window shopping at the mall...just walk around and look at all the "purty" stuff..and if your like me and there is a holiday approching..can kil 2 birds with one stone! a date..and you get to figure out what to get your "special someone"!

Ok...i know...ghost needs a life...lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...