Unendowed temple worship

Guest mysticmorini

ok as a teen/YSA always held a limited use recommend I got it renewed, bugs me when people perceive it as infereior baptism is as important a work to do as any other ordinance and the requirements to enter the temple are almost identical. It is up to us to act and as an adult its is much easiier to grab a couple of priesthood holders and go to the temple. We used to find if we phoned agead we would be told baptisms were for the youth so we just started showing up lol there was always work to be done and you can always take your own.

Our Stake now does YSA, Youth, Ward and SA temple trips it was encouraged by a previous Stake Presidency. Think its great

Guest mysticmorini

ok as a teen/YSA always held a limited use recommend I got it renewed, bugs me when people perceive it as infereior baptism is as important a work to do as any other ordinance and the requirements to enter the temple are almost identical. It is up to us to act and as an adult its is much easiier to grab a couple of priesthood holders and go to the temple. We used to find if we phoned agead we would be told baptisms were for the youth so we just started showing up lol there was always work to be done and you can always take your own.

Our Stake now does YSA, Youth, Ward and SA temple trips it was encouraged by a previous Stake Presidency. Think its great

it's not so much an issue of the ordinance being less important as it is an issue of it being perceived as a "youth" ordinance. as you stated even the temple presidencies see it as a "youth" ordinance.

it's not so much an issue of the ordinance being less important as it is an issue of it being perceived as a "youth" ordinance. as you stated even the temple presidencies see it as a "youth" ordinance.

Well, its not just youth ordinance. Do you think the church should do a better job teaching that?

Guest mysticmorini

Well, its not just youth ordinance. Do you think the church should do a better job teaching that?

perhaps, I think the church (capital "c") has started to, I remember a recent ensign article alluding to that, but i don't think the message has trickled down to the stakes and wards yet. I don't think an emphasis on getting worthy new member to the temple as soon as possible would would be bad.

perhaps, I think the church (capital "c") has started to, I remember a recent ensign article alluding to that, but i don't think the message has trickled down to the stakes and wards yet. I don't think an emphasis on getting worthy new member to the temple as soon as possible would would be bad.

Our mission pres. is pushing this. He wants new converts to have their first Temple experience within 6 months of baptism, if at all possible.

I think a good example of baptisms not being a youth only thing is present in the single wards. We are hardly youth (though some might say otherwise :) ), and yet we do baptisms. And we don't call them youth trips. I wouldn't argue with the bishop though, thats likely to end more badly than any misconceptions resulting from his council.

Guest mysticmorini

I think a good example of baptisms not being a youth only thing is present in the single wards. We are hardly youth (though some might say otherwise :) ), and yet we do baptisms. And we don't call them youth trips. I wouldn't argue with the bishop though, thats likely to end more badly than any misconceptions resulting from his council.

I'm not worried about they've all been private conversations. I've pretty much given up on changing his mind, however he did ask on new member if he was going. when the new member said no they bishop asked why? he responded that "he thought it was only for youth" I almost laughed out loud. maybe this will cause him to change his mind but i'm not pushing the issue anymore.

I'm not worried about they've all been private conversations. I've pretty much given up on changing his mind, however he did ask on new member if he was going. when the new member said no they bishop asked why? he responded that "he thought it was only for youth" I almost laughed out loud. maybe this will cause him to change his mind but i'm not pushing the issue anymore.

Awesome. :)

That is something that is emphasized in our Stake. The Stake Presidency is focusing on all members having current temple recommends and for new converts to get a limited use recommend as soon as possible; with the idea that new converts should begin focusing immediately on preparing for temple worship. The emphasis has made me really want to participate in baptisms for the dead as well.

I'm not worried about they've all been private conversations. I've pretty much given up on changing his mind, however he did ask on new member if he was going. when the new member said no they bishop asked why? he responded that "he thought it was only for youth"

Well if they are called 'youth temple trips' it's hardly surprising that adults think it is not for them. An adult wouldn't expect to go to a youth activity and would be thought of as weird and odd if they wanted to.

Guest mysticmorini

Well if they are called 'youth temple trips' it's hardly surprising that adults think it is not for them. An adult wouldn't expect to go to a youth activity and would be thought of as weird and odd if they wanted to.

Going in for my temple recommend this sunday I'll be surprised if this issue doesn't come up.

my bishop corned me not one week after I was confirmed, gave me the interview, shoved a pice of paper at me and told me not to loose it, and that my friend sister so-and-so was taking youth to do baptisms that comming thursday,and besure to be on time for the carpool.

ive been twice, bolth with the youth. in doctrine principals class this past sunday the lesson was eternal familys so we got to talking about the temple. the new missionarys (who have been here for 2 months) say they havent been able to go to the temple even though its only ahalf hour(maby 45min) away. they seemed suprised to hear that I had already done baptisms.

everytime a youth temple trip is anounced the bisop makes sure to mention that new membversare welcome to come.

Guest mysticmorini

my bishop corned me not one week after I was confirmed, gave me the interview, shoved a pice of paper at me and told me not to loose it, and that my friend sister so-and-so was taking youth to do baptisms that comming thursday,and besure to be on time for the carpool.

ive been twice, bolth with the youth. in doctrine principals class this past sunday the lesson was eternal familys so we got to talking about the temple. the new missionarys (who have been here for 2 months) say they havent been able to go to the temple even though its only ahalf hour(maby 45min) away. they seemed suprised to hear that I had already done baptisms.

everytime a youth temple trip is anounced the bisop makes sure to mention that new membversare welcome to come.

thats great that you've had the opportunity to go to the temple so early. usually missionaries are only allowed to go to the temple if they live in the same stake as the temple, but missionary work is their primary responsibility.

Do you feel awkward going to the temple with the youth? would you feel more comfortable with an adult group?

thats great that you've had the opportunity to go to the temple so early. usually missionaries are only allowed to go to the temple if they live in the same stake as the temple, but missionary work is their primary responsibility.

Do you feel awkward going to the temple with the youth? would you feel more comfortable with an adult group?

at first i didnt mind going with the youth so much. being only 26 (25 at thetime)it wasnt so long ago that i was a youth myself(thou not in the church) at first i felt more incommon with them then the rest of the congergation (most of the rest of my ward are my old enuf to be my parents/grandparents) but Ive done a lot of matureing in the past year, and the older youths whom I had related to all left in sept for colage, or more recently for missions.

I havent been to the temple in monts becase its hard for me to find a babysitter, isnt that what church youth are for anyway? makes sense i cant find a girl to watch my kids when theyr'e all going on the same trip i want to.

by the way- the temple is in our stake, and ive seen missinarys i reconize evertime ive been.

We had a similar experience in our ward with a young man. He and his mom converted, and he was the first one who had a chance to go to the Temple on a youth trip (about a year after his baptism, which was when he was 11). His mom said that when he came home he locked himself in his room and turned on some church music because he wanted to "hold onto the feeling" of being in the Temple. It really lit the fire in his mom to get herself to the Temple as well, seeing his reaction.

Wow, that's beautiful.