18 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite genre?

• Fiction
    • Non-Fiction
    • Science Fiction/Fantasy
    • Horror
    • Western
    • Other

I don't know how to classify it. But I like all books that create a complete alternate universe. For example, the Star Wars Universe, the Mutant (X-men) Universe, etc. It's not specific to sci-fi because I loved the Camelot universe as well.

Edited by anatess

I like Sci-fi. Seperately, I like fantasy. I do dislike how they get grouped together, as Anne McCaffrey is a far cry from Greg Egan. I generalize, yes. Sometimes I like reading about a fantasy, impossible world with unexplained magics and creatures, other times I want to hit something hard and cerebral that challenges my intellect.

without a doubt my favourite author is Gervaise Phinn - I have to listen to him on audio book because the laughter makes my ribs hurt so much and the tears streaming down my eyes mean i can't see the words lol I put other as his books are loosely non fiction - He's a School Inspector from Yorkshire

• 2 weeks later...

What's your favorite book genre and why?

Sci-fi/fantasy.... Got hooked with the Star Trek, Star Wars, The Hobbit (cartoon), Tron, Last Starfighter, and Dune movies when I was really young and it went down hill from there.

Cold War/ Military fiction, and mystery, and nonfiction come in at a close second.

It's scary how well I'm entertained by school type books on zoology, astronomy, and geology...

I woted for fiction... Fantasy may get a bit too much off the ground I think... but fiction is better than real life... in fiction it all can still go ok at the end. I also love excitement, which you seldom get in real life.

I liked Chris Stewards the great and terrible a lot also Scotts Alchemist serie although that is getting on fantacy site, Dan Browns books are nice. Oh and J. Auels books are just great!

Edited by Maya

I woted for fiction... Fantasy may get a bit too much off the ground I think... but fiction is better than real life... in fiction it all can still go ok at the end. I also love excitement, which you seldom get in real life.

I liked Chris Stewards the great and terrible a lot also Scotts Alchemist serie although that is getting on fantacy site, Dan Browns books are nice. Oh and J. Auels books are just great!

want excitement?

Drive the speed limit.....

.... in your garage :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...